It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayweather to fight in MMA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think if FM do this move he must be out of his mind. Just imagine the damage that boxing as a whole could receive if one of the boxers ever in the sport ever, steps to the MMA circus and gets knock out in seconds, or tap out.

FM has no business fighting those guys, he don't need the fame or money! Bad Move!

Mayweather mulling move to MMA in deal with Cuba

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Is he fighting with UFC or some other organization? He could do good, he just has to train differently, im sure it wont be for a year at least. Boxing is dead anyway.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think aside from the points you've made simply from a health standpoint I'd advise against Mayweather fighting in MMA.

Yes he's a great boxer but his hands after so many years of boxing and I believe an in the ring accident years ago(anyone who watched the mayweather/hatten thing on HBO knows what I'm talking about) his hands are more fragile than the younger and let's face it crazier fighters in the MMA realm.

Arent the gloves lighter and thinner in MMA? I would think at his age (as it relates to boxing), with his money, his incredible record and his hands I'd retire.

He should really consider an MMORPG he could be a sith or something that's not as exciting as bashing someones brains out in a cage but it's much safer.

But considering this is Mark Cuban it's highly possible this is some PR stunt. Perhaps he and mayweather are going to start their own league or something?

It is mentioned in the article that Cuban owns HDfightnet or something which is a MMA promotion company, maybe he's looking to make the next step and with mayweather you've got clout and flash.

I think if Mark Cuban and Floyd Mayweather went to a bank or investors and said we're starting a MMA league they'd get the money.

Spiderj

new topics

join