It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

zeitgeist hacking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So I downloaded the bittorrent file of the Zeitgeist movie last night and today I was trying to figure out how to work it since I'm new to bittorrent and while I was looking around in my hard drive my antivirus program (symantec) popped up saying that a recent attack on my compute had been blocked. I looked at the details and it said that it was an attack by my own computer (yes very much like that old budweiser commercial with the penguin on the phone). It also popped up again a little bit later while I was just surfing the internet. So I'm wondering if I just got a bad file or if somebody is watching the zeitgeist downloads and attacking the computers (government etc). I wouldn't think it to be a bad file because I got it straight from the zeitgeist website and I would think that the government would be able to bypass a simple security system unless of course it was just meant as a warning and not to succeed. Has anybody else had this problem or does anyone have any ideas of what it might be?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What is Zeigeist?

What bittorrent site did you go to.

If you have a pirated program or movie or something unliscensed then windows an anti-virus (craptactular pieces of poo they are) programs will call anything associated with them a virus.

Get Spybot Search and Destroy. It's Opensource, you never have to purchase it, free updates and it doesn't slow down your comp. Also, it doesn'y put spyware on your comp, making you more vulnerable to viruses.

Be smart when using a bittorent. "thepiratebay.org" is the safest site, not everything is illegal on there, it's a bittorrent hosting site.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
No, you're not being hacked. Bit torrent clients work using peer to peer. They'll connect your computer to someone else's computer, and start transferring the file. Norton said there was an attack on your computer, most likely because some foreign terminal was connecting to yours. Nothing to be worried about.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
thanks for the help. It had me a little freaked thinking that somebody was attacking me.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
lol....like the gov is gonna be like.....look someone has just seen zietgiest..we better do something about this before they spread all over the net......."but what about the other millions of other people who watch it every day..." i thought you knew i had no life........

top topics

join