It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Years On the Boards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
For most of you who do not know this, I'm coming up on my third ATS/BTS Birthday! Officially it doesn't happen until Monday (the 24th) but I thought I would kick it off a day or so early.

These three years on here have been something.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Congratulations on your third ATS birthday!

Funny, I was just thinking of you the other day. I walk past a CP rail yard every day and I was thinking 'Gee, I should take some pictures of these trains for gimmefootball'. And today I see your birthday post!

I should have taken those pics, it could have been your birthday present.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Well,
Happy 3 years' on ATS!!!
And, here's to many more:bnghd:

Merry Christmas....

helen

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Happy 3rd! giimmy

It has been a good few years and im happy to have had a good few laughs with you,

to many mre to come

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Time flys when you having fun doesn't it F. Ball 400?
Merry Christmas dude.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Happy 3rd ATS B-day man! Hope you have many more! Merry Xmas and a happy new year to you!

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Funny..I too was thinking of you the other day, when I saw the Antique engine parked at the old train station in my city.She's a beauty.

Congrats on your third buddy!Here's to many more!

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
:w: I love birthdays! Drinks are in me! (No that's not a typo)

Did you start out thinking you'd be here for a long time? When I joined here, almost nothing I'd ever done in my life had lasted more than a year, so I sure as heck never thought I'd be 3 years old (I want so badly to count the half, but that would sound juvenile)

You know, in Tinfoil years, 3 is like... I dunno... 30 or 40. Have any plans for your mid-ats-life crisis yet? (I vanished into Above Politics for a while when I had mine).

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Thanks guys! I've been sort of busy in the past few days or so. So it's been kinda hard gettin' back to reply to this. You guys need to get some pics (Duzey) of some CP units or something.

I just had CSXT unit coal symbol N651 with CSXT 771 and 772 on the train. Plus, I got a warning for a westbound grainer with two BNSF units.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Congrats gimmefootball, I see we joined around the same time.

I live a couple blocks from tracks and about 2 kilometers from National Steel Car. The plant they make the freight cars at has signs all over that say "NO PHOTOGRAPHY", but they move the new stuff to a yard that I could get pictures of. Next time I pass by there I'll get a few pictures for you.

They almost look like model trains when they're brand new with a clean paint job.

We also have a lot of robot engines at the steel mills that haul massive buckets of molten steel or slag around the plants. I'll see if I can get a picture of one of those if you're interested.

Here's to many more years of ATS.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
They almost look like model trains when they're brand new with a clean paint job.

Let those cars come down here so they can run some coal trains down here. Then they will be right at home for years to come. The pics are very appreciated. If I get the pics of these BNSF units that are supposed to be coming through here, I'll post them up for ya'll.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is just turning out not to be my day for railfanning. It turns out that grain train that I am to be waiting on left Clifton Forge, Virginia about two hours ago.

Go figure. It rains and we get BNSF units leading a train.

new topics

top topics

join