It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the NSA Using Optical/Quantum Processors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Is the NSA orders of magnitude ahead of the public with their underground optical chip computing facilities?

Possibly - almost NO books have been written on the NSA, that is until James Bamford came along.

The first book he published 'The Puzzle Palace' caused him to get into a stand off with the Regan Administration to which they eventually backed down..

The second book he published 'Body of Secrets - Anatomy of the Ultra-Secret National Security Agency' even went further. But in the first few pages of the book they talk about their staff working on a computer capable of a Septillion calculations per second (which is literally orders of magnitude beyond anything known to the public..) That is one heavily researched book with over 650 references at the end of it...

Why is there great suspicion of the NSA having a optical computer (not to even mention a possible quantum computer) is because of a company out of Israel named Lenslet. Lenslet in 2003 debuted a Optical DSP processor on a line-card capable of 8 Teraflops of calculations per second - If you don't know how fast that is - it is equal to about 1250 high end silicon based processors working together...

Read about it yourself : www.controleng.com...

But don't bother looking up their main website - its OFFLINE : www.lenslet.com...

I can state with all affinity that when their website WAS online - that they had did the entire thing with a small budget of under $30 million with about 15 scientists. There are 16,000 parking spots at the NSA, and they consume according to a wikipedia entry $31 / million dollars a year just in electricity...

Ya - I believe James when he references a Septillion/Per second Optical Computing Array....

www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198250276&sr=8-1

Please support the author - it is unknown if this book is supposed to be at Scribd - but it has been uploaded there.

www.scribd.com...

Interview with James Bamford on Democracy Now website (2003 Interview) : www.archive.org...

The Quantum Computer - The next level...

Even beyond the Optical processors that I would bet my pay-cheque fill the computing racks at NSA, is the possibility of an Quantum computing array. So advanced it could break 512 bit encryption in a few seconds - taking silicon based computers many millenia to compute and optical processors days or even weeks to break... But a Quantum computer is different because all possible combinations of a state both 1 and 0 are calculated simultaneously... Public papers reference talk of Quantum computers going back to 1973.... And if you type in the keywords 'LLNL Quantum Computing' you find out quickly entire scientific teams are working on it...

The only fellow known to have publically talked about it was Dr Deagle who broke information at the 2006 granada forum - about the Norad Quantum Computing Facility which he said he has physically walked through the array which is located underground in the Norad facility (which has never stopped growing and is now apparently at 43 levels of depth)....

Listen to the Granada Forum talk yourself...
www.anomalicresearch.com...

Dr Deagle website www.clayandiron.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomseek

Nice post, Phantom

The ControlEng article was a good starter/teaser...

I "borrowed" the book from Scribd and will read it over the next couple days...

Intelligence agencies having computing power many magnitudes greater than business/the public makes sense to me...In order for them to stay on top of what they do, how useful would the be if they had the exact same technology as Mr Joe Average ?

Thanks again Phantom, good job

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I can verify with 100% accuracy that certain sections of the US military, the NSA, and the CIA are using Quantum computing technology, along with DNA computing technology. This technology is also shared/used by many other governments in good standing with the US - namely Israel and England.

Of course, I would be a fool to submit, or even have, proof to back this up.

Does the king let the peasents have access to everything he has?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by benign.psychosis

I'll take your word on it - the DNA I'm not so sure... I chuckle when you goto wikipedia page entry on NSa, they have the 3 star general there and he looks totally geeked out like a distant relative off of Nerds IV or something...

[edit on 22-12-2007 by phantomseek]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
NSA - Supercomputing ResearchFIBER-OPTIC LOGIC - Optical techniques can theoretically support data rates of ... board using processor modules implemented with diamond-based MCMs. ...
www.nitrd.gov... - 15k

[PDF] UntitledFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
quantum dot structure, using double-layer Al gates to .... optical quantum processor and develop the .... US-NSA Laboratory for Physical Sciences, ...
www.qcaustralia.org...

Opportunities for Optical Communications in Petaflops-Scale Computingand would provide a quantum leap in performance, .... A hybrid method of using optical fibers. into the processor array and wires out appears to ...
ieeexplore.ieee.org...

Micro traps for quantum information processing and precision force ...states. 5. Quantum processors based on. microstructured optical elements ..... timizing a phase gate using quantum interference, Phys. Rev. Lett. ...
dx.doi.org...

US 'world genius' touts 6.8GHz 'quantum-optical' CPU | The RegisterAccording to Atom Chip's own description, the machine has no hard drive, relying instead on the company's "non-volatile Quantum-Optical RAM" of which it's ...
www.theregister.co.uk... - 30k

TG Daily - IBM breakthrough, one step closer to optical computersMaybe with these new optical-processors, we'll have something that can run .... and maybe Optoelectronic or Optic based processors for 2015 and Quantum base ...
www.tgdaily.com... - 95k

NSA Research 1998NSA is developing LOTS, an optical tape system with ten times the storage per ..... during its October 21 visit to NSA, using July 1996 briefing charts. ...
jya.com... - 52k

SQuInT Annual Workshop VIIIQuantum computation can be performed with continuous rather than discrete variables in an optical setting using the electromagnetic field amplitudes. ...
info.phys.unm.edu... - 41k

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
How the hell do you guys know all this #?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
as a side note: I have determined that the federal reserve is using some form of graphic liquid flow (ing) representation of the economy. I came to this realization when I was doing some number crunching and all of a sudden the markets all had the same idea at the same time... (highly unlikely) and basically money stop flowing on a couple of stocks I was looking at ... the BKX.x (which is about what 20 banks +/- ) and all were floating up with the exact same precentages...
what this exercise taught me is they are in control of the Currency flowing with the current within the Banks.... and like a light bulb igniting... I figured out that they are not using numbers to keep this ship afloat but some graphical representation of the flow through the system...
and sure enough... the treasury bond goes down so does the economy - when the treasury is going up so does the stocks.... cause and reaction ...
does not fit the model that I discovered they are using graphic's instead of numbers.... I found that very interesting ....
*Oh, this is 100% controlled environment ... they do what they want to happen... and they are about 6-9 months ahead of the average joe on the street... so a dime today will take 6-9 months of flowing to reach you... on the bottom of the prymid.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sorry for going off topic on my last post... but Optical Processing Power is possible and would explain fiber optic's Corso says he delivered to bell labs during the 60's I think... electricity flows at the speed of light and light is at the speed of light.. so Iguess it comes down to bandwidth and fiber has a trillion times more bandwidth than wired channels..... humm ...
it would not surprise me ... optical processors would be a natural extension to Fiber Optic's..

*Roswell Crash... well you we have boxes of stuff all connected together with wires and stuff... the Roswell crash revealed that the devices were sort of like manufactured into the structure no as components that can be replaced... so then we have a never fail (unless the crash was caused by) platforms without replacement parts. and as near as my knowledge is we have not over came the corrosion and degridation of electric components. when and if we ever go to light for wiring this corrosion thing that we experience here on earth may also disappear... we can have devices that never break down... or by theory should not break down over time.

Nutz or What...?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by benign.psychosis
I can verify with 100% accuracy that certain sections of the US military, the NSA, and the CIA are using Quantum computing technology, along with DNA computing technology. This technology is also shared/used by many other governments in good standing with the US - namely Israel and England.

Of course, I would be a fool to submit, or even have, proof to back this up.

Does the king let the peasents have access to everything he has?

Optical processors are possible (link to Israel company being proof enough). Quantum computing I am skeptical off. First, if there was a practical implementation of quantum computing (say a processor), there is absolutely no way it could be kept from the public. Why? Because whatever team developed it (and there would be no compartmentalization, it's not a problem that can be easily broken up) would tell as many people as they could. Put simply, it would be the most important advancement in computing to date.

DNA computing is possible, but the practicality is questionable. DNA computers would perform similarly to the usual Von-Neuman computer, except with better performance, especially in parallel jobs and certain specialized tasks, but optical processors would still outperform them.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by avingard

Well, maybe on some other place - but here - you got to be kidding right -- I worked in SIlicon Valley for what 15 years or so... the place runs on spys ... so to outwit the spys ... good luck ... I was going to offer my services at keeping confidential information confidential ... I thought it would work and it was easy to convince management ... you just show them some stuff that ended up in the dumpster ... but it never got past the thinking part... you know routine dumpster dives - spot inspections - and you can flip it and dumpster dive for the competition and sell what you find... so you really have to be kidding right ...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I don't know if the NSA houses a quantum computer in one of their facilities; I do know they contribute to keeping the most powerful 'quantum surveillance' system on Earth secret no matter where this system is centralized or who is in charge of its operation.

I have been experiencing daily overt manipulation by this system since 2006. I believe it to be a quantum computer with strong AI located in a deep underground military base which uses electromagnetic radiation through a satellite constellation for techlepathy and mind control. I believe it uses advanced signal processing and quantum entanglement (something like quantum radar) to interact with systems at neuronal (at least) spatial and temporal resolution. It could also be technology not based on current physical laws; either way it exists and is being used by a secret branch of government.
Here is some background information: Military AI Supercomputer Mind Monitoring: What I have learned
Technological Singularity

top topics

join