It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double Barrel Bolt rifle by “Fuchs and Szecsei” – ultimate hunting/sniping weapon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Man I would love to have one of these! This hand crafted jewel costs around $40K, but a militarized version would be absolutely perfect for area denial.

Long range bolt action accuracy with immediate follow up shot is perfect for stationary sniping positions.

It’s also perfect for SWAT/POLICE use.

Here’s the video;

video.google.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
EEEEYOW! What a beast! To expensive to militarize though. Now lets see a double barrell AA-12! Thats some major recoil on the Fuch gun though. The guy in the video looks waaay to happy/psychotic to be firing this monster. Great find though, watching the spent brass eject in opposite directions is classic....where did you find this clip?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Chambered in 30-06 to 500 Jeffreys. Two year wait for one.

ME like!

Roper

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Its just a gimmick..

No military would use it, By the time it was modified for sniper accuracy and needs no one would carry thing... it would be to heavy..

+ it doesn't do anything the M14 can't do.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Nice design, nice power, nice accuracy, and just friggin all-over awesome. I don't care if it was ultra heavy, i want it sniper modified. the bonus: it's freaking amazing, fast to use. Con: slow reload. it took the guy like 20 seconds to reload.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What a beast. Never seen one of those before. Wouldn't mind taking it out into the woods, but seems too impractical for a combat setting. Nice armament, though.

I can believe that there's a 2 year wait on one of those. Real crowd pleaser.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I remember reading about these, I think about a year ago. Its an intresting idea, the best of both worlds, the old English double rifle and the(slightly) higher (depending on caliber) magazine capacity of the bolt action. Very cool.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander
Man I would love to have one of these! This hand crafted jewel costs around $40K, but a militarized version would be absolutely perfect for area denial.

Long range bolt action accuracy with immediate follow up shot is perfect for stationary sniping positions.
Except that the recoil from the first round raises the barrel so much that you have to re-aim between shots. I wouldn't be surprised if the old Lee Enfield .303 was every bit as fast firing with only one barrel.

new topics

join