It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Indian Head, Natural or Manmade? Seen from SPACE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
reply to post by Blaine91555

Any person who says they know for a fact that those images are natural formations is saying they know everything about the Universe. How could anyone honestly say that?

I Wonder if you see the irony in that one

I have a BS in Forest Resources with coursework in watershed ecology, soils, geology, physics plus I have worked for a soil and water conservation district. I have worked with GIS mapping and aerial photograpic analysis. It is a natual occurance. There are undoubtfully numerous faces in profile in a landscape such as this. One could probably find a violin, a drumstick, ten dolphins and a broom within a 10 square mile area. Terrapromorphism.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Throwing in my two bits, as an intelligent archaeologist (you have to take geology courses for that degree, folks) rather than a mudslinger like the most prominent poster in the past few pages *cough cough*

I find it odd that if this is a "natural erosion pattern'' that it does not follow the patterns around it. If you zoom out and pan around a bit, you notice that all the other erosion in the area follows a clearly defined pattern of hills and gullies that lead to "spiky" formations. This "head" on the other hand does not follow this pattern, and as much as it is fanciful to believe that nature works in mysterious ways, nature does not randomly decide to create such a clear cut image in defiance of the established erosion patterns in an area of this type of material.

Furthermore, i have lived in an oil & gas town in the past, and such amounts of security are unheard of for a well. First of all, a well rarely has anything more than a fence around its immediate area, to keep wildlife and such from wandering into it. A road with 4 or 5 gates, and no fence around it, is not going to be your average oil operation.

But then, unless someone feels like driving out there and taking a look, you'll just have to keep bantering with the trolls that like to feed on topics such as this

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
On the slightly wider view you can even see the neck, the shoulders, and the collar of his/her tunic:

Yup even the necklace

And yeah I see the other one to the right

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well if the whole thing is concave, I find it rather inconceivable that it was built by normal humans.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
From my understanding, every few years a designated group of judges vote on what's to be included in THE 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD.

I honestly do think that this Alberta, Canada Native Am. landscape profile should be on that list and I hope that the next time they update it, they vote it in.

And what's so AMAZING about this FACE, is that it's not man-made and it's definitely NOT a natural formation because it's so incredibly defined where we are seeing so much detail in that FACE -- the only other option that's left is that it was created by some kind of an INTELLIGENCE that's outside of our world, as we know it.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
From my understanding, every few years a designated group of judges vote on what's to be included in THE 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD.

I honestly do think that this Alberta, Canada Native Am. landscape profile should be on that list and I hope that the next time they update it, they vote it in.

The problem is this feature will erode away in time.
Think about it, right now, up there, its probably two feet of snow on that face.
Come spring thats two feet of water, for every square inch that will tear the poor native american face into something else.

Oh early in the thread there was a post of many rock faces, then finally that trippy pic of Machu Pichu. Looking at these images its so very easy to understand, and almost believe it myself, that stone giants once walked the earth.

Can you imagine being an uneducated primitive man and seeing these huge faces of stone? Mind boggling.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Good point Legalizer but if and when it does erode down where it's no longer looking the way it is now, those judges who determine what's on that 7 Wonders of the World list can simply remove it and replace it with something else!

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

But then, unless someone feels like driving out there and taking a look, you'll just have to keep bantering with the trolls that like to feed on topics such as this

I just may take up this challenge when winter is over.Judging from Google map it appears to be about a four hour drive from Calgary.
It's certainly off the beaten path but with a Google map and my GPS I should be able to find it.If there are security gates,I'll photograph them.I zoomed out and found other wells in the area.
It's always nice if we can put a case to rest.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by SpijkerMuis

His website speaks for itself. If you do a google search it comes up. His initial pop-up defeated three stacked pop-up blockers which is a bad sign. The whole thing is designed to get your email address. He even tries to entice you too give up others emails for a freebee. Nothing but teasers on the site. His list of mysteries are the same as those on dozens of other sites unrelated to him and the information is other places for free. Most are well known and unsubstantiated with proof or testing as they are always presented as fact without evidence or legitimate testing. Whats the point and why trust him?????...

...Edited to ask if you are affiliated with Mr. Gray in any way shape or form including being him yourself or that name being your pen name?

[edit on 12/22/2007 by Blaine91555]

To answer your last two questions: no and no.

I admit that his website is somewhat misleading. But I got the book without seeing the website, and therefore I wasn't preoccupied by it as you apparently are.

I'm open minded to every theory and am willing to examine it before drawing any conclusion. You shouldn't judge a book by the cover, nor by the website promoting it...

It may surprise you, but I don't always agree with what he writes. Therefore I added the last sentence to my previous post: "Please don't comment unless you've read the book..."

Now let me ask you this question: have you read the book? If not, I don't see any point in discussing the content with you. If you did read it, and have any proof that the facts about the archaeological finds and scientists mentioned are false, I will gladly hear it from you.

Please don't comment to this or my previous post on this subject unless you've read the book!

Thank you!

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

Originally posted by Thill
reply to post by Blaine91555

Any person who says they know for a fact that those images are natural formations is saying they know everything about the Universe. How could anyone honestly say that?

I Wonder if you see the irony in that one

I have a BS in Forest Resources with coursework in watershed ecology, soils, geology, physics plus I have worked for a soil and water conservation district. I have worked with GIS mapping and aerial photograpic analysis. It is a natual occurance. There are undoubtfully numerous faces in profile in a landscape such as this. One could probably find a violin, a drumstick, ten dolphins and a broom within a 10 square mile area. Terrapromorphism.

If it's that common, why don't you prove it with a few pictures or some Google Earth coordinates?

I dare you...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Some to the right there is even a cow?

The indian is man made IMO.
This cow however...?

But its still there

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

looks to me like an old mine. Since abandoned im sure....there is a chance that this is a carving right into the terrain, not unusual as there are many worldwide, especially the native american/central/southern indians. Could be a relief carving. Have you seen the GIGANTIC undertaking out west of that one noted sculpter? He's working on a real mountain range and carving into it a giant indian chief on horseback...pretty amazing.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well, natural or not, you definitely have an image of a human face there.

I saw some of those other "faces in rocks," but this "indian head" is more detailed.

It is something that can be seen above earth, so perhaps it marks something? That is assuming it is not a natural phenomena.

Perhaps in time we shall see if this feature washes away.

Troy

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Perhaps in time we shall see if this feature washes away.

It seems it's a negative feature, rather than a positive one.

That's according to Wikipedia.

Badlands Guardian

I wouldn't know, of course - never been there.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hello all,

This is a peculiar feature to say the least, which ever explanation turns out to be true. I did some searching a year ago and found out the road leads to a natural gas well, this area is dotted with them. . The natural gas well name is Piper Medhat 6-20-12-1 (located in Legal Subdivision 6 of Section 20 of Township 12 Range 1 West of the 4th Meridian), near Medicine Hat.

I've been looking into the indigenous natives of the area of Southeast Alberta and the predominant tribe seems to be the Blackfoot Nation, as some of you are aware of yes? I've talked with a man who lives in this region who told me there are caves and other anomalies here as well.

Here is a image of the natural gas wells from imageshack:
Natural Gas Wells-Badlands

Oh I am new here , this is my first post in the forums.

Pugzilla

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I doubt anyone will read up to the fourth page and therefore not see my comment but...
IMHO you have to be stupid to think its man made, seriously who (in ancient times) would say lets build a huge hill that resembles a head that you can only see from the sky just in case we ever fly up there.

I am assuming you mean acient times because this is in Ancient & Lost Civilizations.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pugzilla
The natural gas well name is Piper Medhat 6-20-12-1

This means the "energy company" Is Piper Resources in the "medhat" gas field.

ITS A FRIGGIN GAS WELL IN A NATURAL FORMATION!

The so called "extreme security" is due to crossing into other peoples land leases and blocking access to a high pressure gas well... wow people.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats
That is a beautiful picture.
Did anyone notice the devil that is also in the picture?

[edit on 22-12-2007 by Dont Hate Rats]

Yes, it is Evil, the red Indian is evil, while the red neck European the robbers are angels, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt Kilby
IMHO you have to be stupid to think its man made, seriously who (in ancient times) would say lets build a huge hill that resembles a head that you can only see from the sky just in case we ever fly up there.

Ummm ever hear of the Nazca Lines in Peru? We KNOW those are man made and THEY only show the pictures from the air... and we know they didn't have airplanes...

Here is what those same lines look like from the ground

Please explain to me how they made these pictures to look so great from the air... when they cover more than 80 km (50 miles) between the towns.

The Nazca lines are a series of geoglyphs located in the Nazca Desert, a high arid plateau that stretches more than 80 km (50 miles) between the towns...

en.wikipedia.org...

So who is STUPID now, hmmmmm?

:shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join