It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Indian Head, Natural or Manmade? Seen from SPACE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

One of the problems with not actually reading a thread is that you can be unaware something has already been identified as to what it is. In this case you missed the fact this is an oil well so what you are seeing is the well heads shadow and there is no hole.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Too bad they don't have a site for natural rock formations that look like...um... other body parts, there's a lot of those out at Joshua Tree as well!!

I collect old postcards that portray human shapes in natural rock formations. The former Old man of the Mountain in NH being the most famous one. Anapomorphisms? Geopomorphisms?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
After reading this whole thread it is now, more than ever, obvious to me where much of the fantasy on ATS comes from. Theories are just invented out of thin air without any evidence. Even when people know what they are looking at, they knowingly blind themselves to the facts and invent new false facts. I'm betting within a few days or weeks their may be a whole new Theory of an underground base, complete with Aliens and evil being done to innocent abductee's. Evidence will be fabricated and within a few months people will argue its authenticity with a straight face knowing they fabricated it in the first place.

I should write a book now and be the first to cash in?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
I don't see why this is any more unnatural then seeing a face in the clouds. You can look at things in hundreds of different perspectives and see faces in millions of different completely natural things. If you chanced upon this image except it was within a different context would it even really resemble anything:

This is an excellent observation and one so often overlooked!
Generally we naturally 'assume' that any interesting mark/structure to be found on planet Earth/Moon/Mars will be be orientated the same angle as the camera that took the picture. I.E North top, South Bottom. This is not always the case.

Originally posted by Donoso
They must have been carved in by super intelligent beings!

Yes and no.. Throughout time there have always been people with ideas/skills well before their time who have contributed towards excelling man in leaps and bounds. Large markings/pictures drawn into the landscape (that can only be seen from high above) have been drawn by cultures from all over the earth. Have you seen the 'huge' markings in Egypt using Google Earth? showing a 'king' sitting on a throne with another picture close by of a bird?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
After reading this whole thread it is now, more than ever, obvious to me where much of the fantasy on ATS comes from. Theories are just invented out of thin air without any evidence. Even when people know what they are looking at, they knowingly blind themselves to the facts and invent new false facts. I'm betting within a few days or weeks their may be a whole new Theory of an underground base, complete with Aliens and evil being done to innocent abductee's. Evidence will be fabricated and within a few months people will argue its authenticity with a straight face knowing they fabricated it in the first place.

I should write a book now and be the first to cash in?

lol Where is your proof they 'don't' exist?

With all due respect, I can point you in a direction that does indicate these do at least, exist..

Phil Schneider Lectures..

Lecture 1

Lecture 2

Lecture 3

Lecture 4

Lecture 5

Lecture 6

Please tell us what you base your source on.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

One of the problems with not actually reading a thread is that you can be unaware something has already been identified as to what it is. In this case you missed the fact this is an oil well so what you are seeing is the well heads shadow and there is no hole.

Sorry? what did you say? Have you read this thread?

The Badlands Guardian is a geomorphological feature located at [show location on an interactive map] 50°00′38.20″N, 110°06′48.32″W near Medicine Hat in the south east corner of Alberta, Canada. Viewed from the air, the feature bears a strong resemblance to a human head wearing a full native American headdress. It also appears to be wearing earphones.

The head is a drainage feature created through erosion of soft, clay-rich soil by the action of wind and water . The arid badlands are typified by infrequent but intense rain-showers, sparse vegetation and soft sediments. The 'head' may have been created during a short period of fast erosion immediately following intense rainfall. The apparent earphones are a road and an oil well, which has been in place only a few years, and will likely become invisible once the well falls into disuse and its superficial features are eroded.

Source

This sure looks like the image of the head is created by depressions in the surrounding hills rather than "Well heads"..

I suppose next you will be telling us that there are 9 planets and not 8 in our solar system?

[edit on 22/12/2007 by Freelancer]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

No. I heard the mention of Oil Well. The lack of an Oil Rig. The lack of any leftover buildings.

Didn't look like an oil operation to me. I know of no oil operations going on on the Canadian border or anywhere near here (I won't say how close I am).

So how was I supposed to know?

Bearer of great knowledge, the hole was an oil well, thank you for bestowing it upon me.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The Stern Man, or Feather Eater

On the machine I'm using, if I had Photoshop, software with which I'm quite familiar, I would have highlighted the following image and included it in my last post.

But I don't, and I didn't, so it took a little longer since I'm just now getting my feet wet in Gimp, in fact this is only the second image I've played with, in Gimp.

So having said it, no sooner done.

I've highlighted the profile of the Stern Man, or as I like to call him, Feather Eater, since it looks like, with his mouth agape, he's about to bite one of the feathers from the original figure's headdress.

His face is upraised a bit higher than the original figure, his eyes are closed and he's wearing a cap with long "ears" and a heavy cloak drawn up tight under his chin, which is billowing out behind him.

He's even got a bit of a goatee.

Do you see it?

What do you think?

I know it's just a quirk of terrain, light and shadow, but it's still pretty cool, don't you think?

BTW, Gimp ROCKS!!

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

goosdawg
... it looks like, with his mouth agape, he's about to bite one of the feathers from the original figure's headdress.

A thought -- to me it reminds me of what's said in the Bible:

Genesis: "In the beginning was the Word"

En arche en ho logos, kai ho logos en pros ton theon, kai theos en ho logos
"In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God" (John 1:1).

This is what goosdawgs'
image that he posted here in it's entirety represents to me. Our reality springs forth from the LOGOS. I think it's MORE than a coincidence that that it's there. This is amazing.

The the mouth of that 'face' that goosdawg highlighted is agape .. as if it's talking... and this is supported by what can be interpreted as THE RIVER OF LIFE RUNS which is running through that profile with its mouth open; it looks like a river -- someone else want to take it from here?

Edit -- ok... look at what some are calling an iPod (earpiece and wire) in the Am. Indian profile and look at that face profile that goosdawg highlighted that's near it that has its mouth open where on the side of its head -- it looks like a river running through it. In other words, we are seeing a "Line" that's running upside both of these Faces and at this point, to say that this too is merely a coincidence...well, anybody got an Advil??

[edit on 22-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
And is it listening through an iPod?? Lol

But in any case, could this mean that 'they' can communicate to us auditorily via electronic means? Think about it.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Any person who says they know for a fact that those images are natural formations is saying they know everything about the Universe. How could anyone honestly say that?

I Wonder if you see the irony in that one

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What should be thought of most extrmely for moments atleast is the possiblility of finding such an errorision pattern on MARS.

Can you imagine how crazy the peoples will be if we were to see pictures from such as these.

It would be insane to try to debunk that one.

Heres is Machu Picchu, i love this place...... Man made or natural?

[edit on 22-12-2007 by IvanZana]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

What's that got to do with this oil well on this natural feature?

I have no doubt there are underground bases in many Countries. So I'm with you on that. I was referring to the Mythological ones of which are are many more than there are real ones. At some point in the creation of the Myth lies and a liar are involved. Or possibly a mentally ill person.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Reading tip: Dead Men's Secrets by Jonathan Gray - Tantalising Hints of a Lost Super Race providing scientific evidence on a global scale that there was a highly developed "super race" that existed before the deluge.

Please don't comment unless you've read the book...

Thank you!

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Sometimes Mod's, one line says it all.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpijkerMuis

His website speaks for itself. If you do a google search it comes up. His initial pop-up defeated three stacked pop-up blockers which is a bad sign. The whole thing is designed to get your email address. He even tries to entice you too give up others emails for a freebee. Nothing but teasers on the site. His list of mysteries are the same as those on dozens of other sites unrelated to him and the information is other places for free. Most are well known and unsubstantiated with proof or testing as they are always presented as fact without evidence or legitimate testing. Whats the point and why trust him?????

Whats the score now?
A pop-up designed to defeat pop-up blockers = -1
Multiple attempts to acquire your email with offers = -1
An attempt to get you to give up someone else's email = -1
No proofs offered unless you make a purchase = -1
Old regurgitated stuff that has been in many books and on many websites listed as the topics covered in the book and presented as if they were in fact his and only his finds = -1

Total = -5 with no positive scores to list.

Edited to ask if you are affiliated with Mr. Gray in any way shape or form including being him yourself or that name being your pen name?

[edit on 12/22/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't need to read Mr. Gray's book to tell you this is obviously not a natural formation!! As anyone can plainly see from my illustration below, there are in fact actually three distinct forms in this geo-glyph. Taken as a whole, they can be decoded.

The Yellow figure is definitely an ancient representation of a Mayan warrior, or possibly Beetlejuice from the Howard Stern show, but I'm pretty sure it's the former and not the latter. Thus it is signifying the Mayan calender ending in 2012.

The Blue figure is just as obviously the man in the moon, representing the aliens known to be living in hidden bases on the moon.

And the final piece of the puzzle/prophecy is the Red figure which is undeniably a classical representation of the transdimensional being we know as The Devil :aka: Lucifer, aka: Satan.

Thus the prophecy is complete and is easily decoded as saying that in 2012, the aliens from the moon are going to usher in the rule of the Satanic shape shifting reptiles over earth, and the beginning of the end of the world.

It's elementary my dear Watson, and if you don't see it or agree with me, then you are obviously a NWO disinformation agent and have no right to post in this thread.

-Cypher

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cypher

I bow to your wisdom Oh Enlightened One

I will punish myself by watching 20 straight episodes of Gilligan's Island as punishment for my Impunity.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I've been through Medicine Hat many times and never heard any reference to this before.I suppose I wasn't paying attention.I've seen this picture but I never knew where it was from.
Alberta is pretty much prairies and I've seen plenty of oil derricks with no equipment around the sites.The gates could just be a farmer's gates in my opinion.
Nice post.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jarheadjock

Are you frickin serious, natural formation?? The features are clearly human, even the head-dress, natural??!!! give me a break.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join