It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain the [ats][/ats] tags

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Can someone explain how to use the [ ats] and [ /ats] tags? Are they used to display an image? Which icon points to them?

[edit on 21-12-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The "ats" tags are used for images that have been uploaded through your member center or hosted by an ATS approved server. Enabled host sites currently include: files.abovetopsecret.com, photobucket, imageshack, and tinypic.

For instance,
[ ats]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats48631_colbertav.jpg[ /ats]
shows my avatar, uploaded into my ATS storage :

I don't believe there is a button to code it, as there is for other images.

[edit on 12/21/2007 by eaglewingz]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Can someone explain how to use the [ ats] and [ /ats] tags? Are they used to display an image? Which icon points to them?

[edit on 21-12-2007 by jsobecky]

They are html commands. It's basically computer language which interprets the the information in between the commands and in turn presents the information into desired form(I think i just confused myself).

So, like how I'm quoting you up above, it's just [ quote] to begin the command and [/ quote] to end it(of course without the spaces). You always have to end the command.

There is a lot you can do with these commands, you just have to know the language to do it.

For example, to embed clips from youtube the html command on ATS is [ yvid], or to quote an external source it's [ ex]. Just do a search on ATS and you should be able to find all the html commands they use here on ATS.

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized you are asking for something very specific.
, My bad.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Conundrum04]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Actually this was a very helpful thread.

I was wondering the same thing about the image tags.

Both of your explanations were good.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Conundrum04

Actually that was pretty helpful, but if you'll allow me a little friendly good natured nit-picking, I can clarify a bit.

What's at use here is known as BBCode, or short for Bulletin Board Code.

What is BBCode?
BBCode is a special implementation of HTML. Whether you can actually use BBCode in your posts on the forum is determined by the administrator. In addition you can disable BBCode on a per post basis via the posting form. BBCode itself is similar in style to HTML, tags are enclosed in square brackets [ and ] rather than < and > and it offers greater control over what and how something is displayed. Depending on the template you are using you may find adding BBCode to your posts is made much easier through a clickable interface above the message area on the posting form. Even with this you may find the following guide useful.
Source | phpBB | BBCode guide

There's a very helpful guide at the above link to help you get creative with your posts.

Each board sets their own parameters, and can have custom BBCode, like the YouTube video linking code that was mentioned above.

And of course there's Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links.

Not to mention We Now Have YouTube and Google Video BBcode and ATS!

At any rate,

[size=200]Have Fun!

[edit on 22-12-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm not really a fan of the new image(ats tags) with scroll bar.

I've continued using the img tags, as long as I remember to size the image appropriatly. Usually the images worth viewing in high resolution deserve their own link anyway, not worth viewing in that little box.

[edit on 12/22/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

The problem with the old [ img] tags is that they open up to a dead end page instead of the full size image, at least thats the way it works with my photobucket acct.

Allow me to demonstrate:

With [ ats] tags:

And with [ img] tags:

Click on them and you can see the difference.

It'd be a shame not to see the whole image of that fine example, don't you think?

BTW Image courtesy of: CanadianDriver | Classic Pontiac GTO has role in XXX movie starring Vin Diesel

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well, thanks to all of you. Very informative for me!

new topics

top topics

join