It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are but a dot.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I put this here since i do not know where else this would fit.

I came across this youtube video that was banned from being broadcasted:

In the end where the angel said "Life itself is only a vision, a dream. But nothing exists except empty space and you, and you are but a dot."

The same way the angel created life from those clay figures and gave them a conscious, maybe we are nothing more than little creations made by a kid with a very advanced chemistry set and we just don't know it, the same way the clay people were confused about what was happening to them.

Or maybe we are all in a dream, and whenever you dream at night the beings in your dreams are living out their lives and YOU'RE god. The 8 hours of sleep you get might feel like..um..lets say 11.2 billion and 20 billion years (approximate age of our universe) to the inhabitants of your dream. Then, once the dreamer wakes up the beings in his/her dream are suddenly gone and wiped out. But what makes the dreamer so sure that he's not in a dream of someone else's?

My universe could just be a little dot in a mess of little dots being created by other consiouss beings, like humans. The universe you percieve as you read this might be created by someone else too.

Also, what makes us so sure the world we live in isn't like some sort of "ant colony" for a 10 year old kid for his school project? The kid could have bought his colony and set it up 2 minutes ago, yet those 2 minutes would feel like billions of years to us.

This also brings me to another idea. Our universe could maybe be so small that we're living on a quark of another, bigger universe. The space between the quarks would be what we percive has zillions of light years, aka our universe. If that's true, the atoms that make up our body would have even more "mini" universes living on them.

Well, this is all the weird psychological ideas I've had floating around in my head about the world around me. What do you think? Am I going crazy?

[edit on 12/21/2007 by Hyzera]

[edit on 12/21/2007 by Hyzera]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Oh but what an awesome dot I am.

What I am or where I came from is nothing compared to the thanks I give to this life I have been given. I may just be a dot, but Oh what an awesome dot I am.

edit for speling....

[edit on 21-12-2007 by mrwupy]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

Why was this broadcast banned?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by adam_weishaupt

Most likely the network that banned this didn't think kids were ready for the angel's 'wisdom'

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
really? this was banned? i saw this in grade school once, it freaked everyone else in the class out and that particular part of the video was barred from viewing... i don't understand what's so bad about it.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyzera
In the end where the angel said "Life itself is only a vision, a dream. But nothing exists except empty space and you, and you are but a dot."

I swear I thought I heard the angel figure say "...and you are but a thought." That would actually make more sense, fitting into the context.

And I agree... I thought I remember seeing this before, but then again, alot of things we grew up reading and watching have been banned from schools.

But hey, good video! Hope to find the rest of it now...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is a very thought provoking thread, gotta give that to you.
It really makes you think about humanity and how big of a role we play in our world and the expansive universe.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
ok I listened to the ending about 10 times and I am almost positive that its not "dot " but actually "thought" .. " you are but a thought" ...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Yea I just listened to it again and I heard thought not dot, which does work better with the whole aspect of the video and humanity.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I just listened to it again and whoops, I guess the angel did say 'thought'

Changing title and editting post now.

Edit- Nevermind, I can't edit first post anymore.

[edit on 12/23/2007 by Hyzera]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Dot, Thought, Word, same thing.

A single noun signifying a tiny manifestation.

A dot/thought is what we are.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

haha, it sent a shiver up my spine. I think this cartoon is geared more towards adults than kids.

new topics

top topics

join