It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Really That Busy ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Database.class.php: Unable to connect to database: Too many connections

Kudos to ATS if I can't log in because the servers are too busy.
It worked on the second try, but do we have so much traffic that it's clogging the arteries ?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Its a conspiracy to make people think that there is more activity than anticipated by the administrators. Someone will use that to justify buying more equipment in the future, I guarantee.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

That, is quite possibly, one of the most ridiculous things I've read in weeks.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

i admit its me i have a couple million Bots that search this site every day
i get paid to do it so in my defence its not my fault

im only pulling your leg

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I am NOT!! SO, but there are several possible reasons for an error.

All of them technical networking reasons that I will not go into.

The point is that either a server or data base was overloaded...for the moment.

This IS ATS, I have no problem accepting that at high peak times, even the new servers can be brought to their knees.

OP, may I respectfully suggest you use ccleaner, and your own antivirus/anti spy wear programs. Free ones include AVG antivirus, avg antispy, avg antirootkit-all free and I would also use spybot search and destroy as well as adawear07.

If you don't have a software firewall zone alarm or komono are good free ones.

Reboot your computer as well as your modem and see if that helps.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I can assure mrmonsoon that I run clean machines, and I'd be surprised if I picked up a bug that caused this.

It happened just the one time when I logged into myATS and SkepticOverlord was asking questions via u2u within a few minutes. Problem solved so far, I've tried to make it happen again and it won't.
It may have been a problem from my ISP or just a glitch in the operating system or web browser. Who knows ???

If it happens again I'll send a u2u to Skeptic with the page information.

Mods, feel free to close this thread.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I've seen that before a couple of times and just thought it was traffic related, it's my understanding this site receives alot of internet traffic because of it's high ranking in the search engines and the unique reputation of the site amung the explosively growing conspiracy community.

But then it could be Evil Bert...

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It's just a glitch.

Trust me.

If you don't trust me,
Ask Bill.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hey since were making noise, heres some of mine. I noticed sometimes a double post appears, SPOOKY. than theres been this thing going on when I am typing my business in the text box and I will move the type cursor to a new line via my mouse click and start to type when my machine goes BOING! and suddenly a drop down box appears from my browser toolbar and I loose focus of the text box so the key board no longer types characters into the text box and every key I hit it goes BOING, BOING, BOING. This happens on an old PC as well as my new quad core. Than a lot of what I typed is misspelled and yada yada yada.

I thinks the NSA, CIA, NASA, .GOV and all the other conspiracy perpetrators are scanning the ATS network.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow

I thinks the NSA, CIA, NASA, .GOV and all the other conspiracy perpetrators are scanning the ATS network.

I'm sure they are, but let's give the Mods and Admin a night to spend with friends and family.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE ATS CHRISTIANS...

top topics

join