It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armageddon – What Will You Do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
To reply to this post requires visualization and serious thought.

It’s 2008. The Rapture occurs and all children are removed from the world. All adults found to be faithful are also removed but the numbers are far less than expected. They do not just “disappear” either...their bodies are left behind but their souls have left their bodies. You have lost at least one person you love.

In the sky appear millions of aircrafts that are “UFO” in nature. The government tells you that it’s an alien invasion. You’re told that you must stand behind the flag, or be killed.

Rather than Aliens, it turns out that Angels are flying the crafts. They then materialize into human vessels on earth and begin battling evil - offing all those who oppose them.

There are earthquakes, floods, hail and fire. There is chaos in the streets. Your own neighbors are now raping, pillaging and killing one another for food and water.

Armageddon has begun and you’re one of the one’s left behind.

You now realize that is IS God behind what is happening and not exterrestrials and your government is lying to you and has been lying to you all this time because they knew it was coming but kept the truth from you.

If you are Christian and left behind, you are told that to be Christian will mean instant death because you’re now an enemy of the government. On top of that, you don’t understand why you’ve been left behind. How do you feel? What are you thinking? What do you do?

If you’re of another religion or belief system you now realize that your religion/belief system was wrong. What do you do? How do you feel? What are you thinking?

If you’re atheist you now realize that God does exist after all. How do you feel? What are you thinking? What do you do?

[edit on 21-12-2007 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I just read about that now believe it or not, and before we get to that part we have the war of Gog and Magog and some other plagues to contend with.

Remember it's not one climax of events there will be 21 plagues in all so you will either experience it, be in the rapture and escape it or worse. What ever happens you will be lucky to even reach Armageddon.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
If you are Christian and left behind, you are told that to be Christian will mean instant death because you’re now an enemy of the government. On top of that, you don’t understand why you’ve been left behind. How do you feel? What are you thinking? What do you do?

To add another possibility to that. Let's speculate that the Anti-Christ is "christian" and later claims to be the second coming of Jesus Christ, GOD on earth, deceiving nearly all of the unregenerate left behind church, destroying all of his adversaries. When in reality his adversaries are also made up of genuine christians.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Anyone willing to imagine the scenario and timeline that I originally posted and respond to that? Anyone? Anyone? Beuuuuulerrrrr?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Actually there is another thing where I think that Christians will actually be protected by all this and am not sure how that all works out but God will save his people even from Earth quakes.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Actually there is another thing where I think that Christians will actually be protected by all this and am not sure how that all works out but God will save his people even from Earth quakes.

Amen.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

To reply to this post requires visualization and serious thought.

It’s 2008. The Rapture occurs and all children are removed from the world. All adults found to be faithful are also removed but the numbers are far less than expected. They do not just “disappear” either...their bodies are left behind but their souls have left their bodies. You have lost at least one person you love.

In the sky appear millions of aircrafts that are “UFO” in nature. The government tells you that it’s an alien invasion. You’re told that you must stand behind the flag, or be killed.

Rather than Aliens, it turns out that Angels are flying the crafts. They then materialize into human vessels on earth and begin battling evil - offing all those who oppose them.

There are earthquakes, floods, hail and fire. There is chaos in the streets. Your own neighbors are now raping, pillaging and killing one another for food and water.

You now realize that is IS God behind what is happening and not exterrestrials and your government is lying to you and has been lying to you all this time because they knew it was coming but kept the truth from you.

If you’re of another religion or belief system you now realize that your religion/belief system was wrong. What do you do? How do you feel? What are you thinking?

If you’re atheist you now realize that God does exist after all. How do you feel? What are you thinking? What do you do?

Interesting scenario and one that I have imagined as well, although a great while ago.

I believe the catechetical maxim of "...Resist Not Evil." would seem to be prudent. If I were one of the raptured I would object and opt to stay and help those resistant to truth. If Christians were to be executed then I would probably cut to the head of the line. I say this all, 'tongue in cheek' of course because everyones perspective would probably change somewhat when confronted with physical death. Its unfortunate that the only real way to convince anyone of sincerity of belief is to make ones self a living sacrifice.

Its the same old song which gets a little redundant, especially when the point is continually being missed. I think this Anti-Christ figure will in fact be God or rather God usurped, which is a little difficult to explain since no-one is able to oppose the will of God - at least in theory. Yet, reflecting on Revelation we see things get so wildly out of hand that God has to make an official appearance to prevent total oblivion which is what the Dark One seeks, which mind you seems to number more than one.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Sunnydays]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well, the first thing I would do is decide on one of three possible safe destinations which I have been considering for some time now. No I won't reveal them here....if the nephilim are lurking about I certainly don't need them to know what I have planned, now do I?

I would snag my girlfriend, who by the way happens to be of pagan beliefs, and explain to her that we need to head for the hills because we are in the middle of the apocalypse. Major cities will be a bad place to be when the spit hits the fan.

So anyway...we head to an undisclosed location and try to ride the storm out. Of course we could be in trouble if the tribulation is really going to last for about 7 years. Since we are born and raised as consumers and have no survival skills, we would probably be hard pressed to last more than seven months. Hmmm....that could be a bit of a problem.

As far as the spiritual aspects that have been mentioned in this thread, I think I would probably do what any sane person would do at that point. Pray.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

If the set conditions were indeed true;

I would hopefully seek GOD and pray he reveals to me where I went wrong and hopefully be brought to repentance, from the delusion I once believed. Then prepare to die.

[edit]

Concerning the feeling and thinking, tis a hard one to speculate.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by WiseSheep]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Firstly flee from the Government,even Christ fled on occasions.If they want my head they can have it,though will not offer it on a platter,they`ll have to come get it.

How would I feel/think and do being left?....no doubt I`d feel disappointed in myself and would think I need to do better between now and when I eventually have to stand before Him and hope and believe I would be counted amongst His own.

But because my SO and myself are similar we would probably be left behind together so a large amount of my thoughts would be toward protecting her and I can only do that by protecting myself as well.Other wise I`d gladly offer my head in place of another's if the right circumstances arose for that to happen.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
[Yawn]. I wouldn’t worry too much about DOOM and GLOOM. I’m sick and tired of living to the tune of fear in my life right now and anything that happens to come from ‘out of this world’ and beyond my current understanding would be, well, rather entertaining.

If I was at least informed as to why I was left behind, I would have been better prepared. Then I wouldn’t feel so betrayed or go nuts from information overload. In other words, I would do what others would do for me – help each other in times of the most need and run for them yonder hills!

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I just wanted to pop in and thank those of you who took the time to seriously consider the scenario and share your thoughts and feelings. May Father bless you and guide you and may His will be done.

Pikypiky - If you're a person of faith, it's not doom and gloom at all. If you aren't a lover of the things of this world and the evil that resides within it, you see it as the start of a new beginning and the return of your Saviour - something you look forward to with anticipation.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I would realize god does exist and that the christian religion was true but still wouldn't care for worshiping either god or jesus and just get on with life the best I could.

But hey this is just fantasy right!

Why come up with these scenarios anyway? Do you think that if we (non believers) pretend that a god exists for the sake of argument that we have in some way come closer to converting? How would you react if we put up scenarios where you find out that your religion is wrong, jesus didn't exist or god was just a figment of your imagination?

G

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
shihulud Your right I don't see the point and one thing I do know is that you don't need to be a Christian or a believer in GOD to achieve spiritual enlightenment. Buddha didn't need a spaceship and his his teachings are non-theistic and therefore he didn't believe in GOD, Jesus or Christianity. Wishing that kind of scenario on anybody certainly sounds like doom and gloom and fear mongering to me. Thankfully it is only fantasy.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by kindred]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
When the end times/Armageddon does actually arrive I will walk around and look at the shocked looks on the faces of the spiritually arrogant, the falsely pious, and the self righteous, when they realize that they have been left behind to deal with their SINs like the rest of the Sinners and hypocrites.

Rapture is for the pure in heart and has nothing to do with religion.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaaRapture is for the pure in heart and has nothing to do with religion.

AMEN!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

True Christians will only be caught up in heaven just prior to the Great Tribulation where a cosmic calamity of the whole universe will happen. This will be on the 7th trumpet and on the 7th plague. Just like Noah's flood, a global flood to wipe mankind transpired, only 8 were spared. This time, the whole universe will be affected.

The Great Tribulation is not satan's wrath, where he makes war with the saints, as commonly believed. Satan's wrath is prior to the Great Tribulation.

Christians will be intensely persecuted and put to death during the reign of the anti-christ for they did not accept his mark or worship his image. But, they will still spread the gospel and stand firm to the faith till the end no matter the cost. We will fight this evil deception and control.

However, God will not leave us without any help. God will send His two prophets during this time. They will prophecy for 3 1/2 years. They will tell people who persecuted the Christians to stop killing them and persecuting them. To stop worshiping idols, the image of the beast, to stop sexual immorality, to stop practicing witchcraft. This will be rampant when the beast reigns. This will be the age of superstitions, counterfeit miracles, great deception and control of mankind through deceptive control of religion, a new world order. This will also be the age of great technological marvels and material wealth. Merchants around the world will be made very wealthy. The world will be under the sway of the evil one. He will lure you with material wealth, money and false security, only you will bow down and accept his mark and worship him. Just like he tempted Jesus, he will use again this technique to lure mankind.

On the other hand, he will greatly persecute those who did not accept the mark and worship him. They will be persecuted, thrown to prison and be put to death and they can neither buy nor sell.

The two prophets of God will warn people to repent. Unfortunately, the world did not, and the plagues ensued. Many people will be killed by these plagues.

Armageddon will happen on the 6th Trumpet and the 6th plague, where the world's entire army will be gathered . This will be facilitated by the two prophets who will dry up the Euphrates to prepare the armies of the world, to gather them for war.

They will fight the 2 witnesses. 2 against the entire army of the world because these 2 prophets tormented the world with the frightful plagues and devastated and killed many. The power of God will be on the 2 prophets. To anyone who harms them fire proceeds from their mouth and devour their enemies. 1/3 of the world's army will be leveled. Still, they did not repent.

The beast steps in, a fight ensued between the 2 prophets and the beast, but the beast overpowered them and killed them. The world shouted for victory "Who is like the beast? Who can make war with him?" The world gave gifts, celebrated, in a party mood, they drank, make merry, as if it was New Years day. For they celebrated the death of the 2 prophets of God. They saw the dead bodies of the 2 prophets and they did not even bury them. They spat on them and kicked them.

However, after 3 1/2 days, the breath of God entered them and they stood on their feet. The world was in total shock and terror. After that, the 2 prophets were transformed and caught up in heaven. This happened at the end of the 6th trumpet and plague. All true Christians will be caught up together with them, the dead first, and then followed by those who are still left alive.

After that, the GREAT TRIBULATION. The stars and constellations, the galaxies thereof will fail to give light anymore as if they were swallowed by a super sized black hole. The galaxies will start to be in chaos. The stars will supernova, the planets will shake. The sun will be in a violent phase, giant sunspots appearing unleashing its full fury spewing huge superflares and CME's. The Earth's magnetic field will fail and the magnetosphere will disappear exposing the Earth to harmful super solar winds which will fry the atmosphere. The atmosphere will recede like a scroll. Oxygen level will fall. People will suffocate to death and exposed to harmful solar and cosmic radiation - xrays, gamma rays, and ultra violet rays. Extreme temperature will arise scorching the Earth like an oven. The foundation of the Earth will shake and unleash super earthquakes and super tsunamis. Islands will disappear, leaving the big continents only which will split and crack into divisions. Huge hail from the asteroid belt will start to fall on Earth. It will be the worst hailstorm.

If this was not shortened, no man will survive. But for the sake of the house of Jacob, the 144,000 who was left behind, God will stop this great calamity.

They will finally cry out to Jesus to save them. They will come with weeping and mourning. With them are the great multitudes from different nations, tongues, languages and tribes who have cried out to Jesus to save them as well. These are the ones who came out of the GREAT TRIBULATION and accepted Jesus as their Savior.

Jesus will come with His heavenly armies, all His saints who was persecuted and killed. He will come with a vengeance and wrath to those for the beast and his armies. He will come with such brightness and brilliance, that the sun will be overwhelmed by His glory.

His heavenly armies will swoop down to slaughter the armies of the beast and to those who worship him and has his mark. No one will be spared. Everything which causes offense will be rooted out of His kingdom.

After that, the millennium. Where nations will start to heal and the deception removed.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
A serious reply:

Okay... look at this from the point of a non-believer. Some...THING has just stolen my two little children. They're nowhere and everyone else (politicians, military people, everyone around the world) has children stolen.

...and then...

In the sky appear millions of aircrafts that are “UFO” in nature.

At this point, every parent out there is up in arms. Knives, rocks, whatever.

The government tells you that it’s an alien invasion. You’re told that you must stand behind the flag, or be killed.

The soldiers have lost their children, too... so everyone in every country is going to be very patriotic and against these invaders.

Now, let's look at this from the other viewpoint. Suddenly these alien beings show up and start possessing human beings. They begin killing anyone they determine is evil, including people who say they're Christian.

Since they're supernatural, this takes place very quickly -- before there's time for much of an organized revolt. So the only ones left are now the Christians who supposedly are not evil according to whatever Biblical standards they're using -- Pagans, Jews, Bah'ai, Buddhists, agnostics, athiests are all dead.

That's a Christian problem. Remember, the angels have killed off every thing they determined was "evil." So it's the good Christians (the ones the angels didn't kill) who are doing this.

No, because the angels would have declared me evil and hunted me down and killed me. I'm an atheist.

But the angels stole their children, too, and the angels killed anyone who was evil in the government. So how's your scenario work?

If you are Christian and left behind, you are told that to be Christian will mean instant death because you’re now an enemy of the government.

You're told this by other Christians? So now there's a war of "good, 'angel-approved' Christian" versus "good, 'angel-approved' Christian" except some of the "good, 'angel-approved' Christians" are in the government and they're telling non-governmental "good, 'angel-approved' Christians" this.

If you’re of another religion or belief system you now realize that your religion/belief system was wrong.

Wrong??? Something came down, kidnapped all the children and said (without proving it) that they're safe and Suddenly Christian and then sends down its invaders to kill everyone it disapproves of and sends earthquakes and floods and famine to the Approved Survivors-- and we're supposed to suddenly love and worship this kidnapping celestial marauder?

I don't think so.

What do you do? How do you feel? What are you thinking?

Thinking? All the atheists are dead. Your deity's angels determined that we would not convert and stalked us and murdered us. We're gone. It's the "good, 'angel-approved' Christians" who are left behind for this treatment.

They wouldn't dare leave us alive. We'd revolt against child stealers and troops of homicidal beings who march around killing our friends and neighbors and acquaintances and family members. All over the wold, people would run out and try to kill these vicious death-bringers, and it would be a great slaughter.

I dunno why "good, 'angel-approved' Christians" would be left behind to loot and kill and pillage and rape each other. Maybe your deity enjoys wars and spectacles.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Somewhere between the 6th and the 7th trumpet I'll be smashed like a bug.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Somewhere between the 6th and the 7th trumpet I'll be smashed like a bug.

Thats on the 7th trumpet. Thats why God stopped it for the sake of the house of Jacob. Otherwise, the world is a goner.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join