It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could move anywhere in the US or Canada....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Where would you go and why? I've lived in Cleveland for 44yrs and have seen it declining the last 5 yrs or so exponentially. Jobs are becoming like hens teeth and the crime/murder rate has skyrocketed. They couldn't even get enough police recruits this training quarter because nobody wants to go on the east side, worse than Baghdad.
I've liked the moderate temps here, not a big fan of high heat or humidity.
Made up my mind to spruce up house and sell this spring.
Your input is very much appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Move to Oregon or Washington State. I've never felt more at peace than when I lived in those states. The air quality is ridiculously different than the junk you're breathing in Chicago. Oregon has no sales tax (maybe not even a state income) which is a plus as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Anywhere in the US or Canada... Manitoulin Island just outside of Little Current, or down the other end in Gore Bay. Second choice, anywhere along Hwy. 69 between Parry Sound and French River.

Googmap for Little Current here.

GoogMap for Parry Sound here.

GoogMap for Nobel here.

GoogMap for French River here.

You'd need to see it and visit with people to understand. God's Country.

Mira

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ahhhh...
Good question.
Anywhere you say?
In the U.S. I'd say anywhere in Montana, Idaho, North Dakota, or Alaska. Specifically Alaska, Montana, Idaho, North Dakota. In that order. I'd love to live in Alaska, or even visit before I die. It's so beautiful. The mountains, the wilderness, the bears, lack of people, the northern lights, the lack of people, and of course the photo opportunities. (I'm into photography.)

Canada, now thats a different story. Anywhere in the Yukon Territory, the Northwest Territories, or Alberta, in that order. Again, the scenery, wildlife, and lack of folk.

In case you haven't noticed, I've spent a lot of time deciding where I want to spend the rest of my life.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Thank you kindly folks. I'd rather deal with bears and wolves than road animals on I480 anyday. I appreciate the input.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Move to Oregon or Washington State. I've never felt more at peace than when I lived in those states. The air quality is ridiculously different than the junk you're breathing in Chicago. Oregon has no sales tax (maybe not even a state income) which is a plus as well.

I can attest to the wonderful air quality. I'm a Oregonian born and raised, but if you don't like rain, this isn't the place for you. It rains, and everything is very beautiful and green. I will say that we have amazingly beautiful summer's here. But we get a lot of rain!

I've always had a desire to see what's happening in Montana. I think in 2008 I'll make it a priority to check that place out, it's not that far of a drive for me. Idaho is also a neat place if you are of a conservative nature.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think I already live in the greatest place (BC) and I plan on spending the rest of my life here.

If I absolutely had to move, I would want to live in Nova Scotia. It's so beautiful there and the people are super friendly. If I spoke better French, I would also give some serious consideration to Montreal.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I really like the Florida Keys.

Great fishing
Parrotheads
Hurricanes
Boats
fun in the sun
Close to South Beach
BVI

New Mexico is very nice but it is very, very cold now.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think I'd like to live in Halifax.

Lovely place, great people.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
At this point in time, I would love to move to Seattle, I went there this summer and just enjoyed everything about it, though I dont want to move to America, so I guess that would have to be my second choice, if I move anywhere in Canade, well I want to move to Penticton, which is in BC, I have spent many a summer there and well its just such a nice place, plus I have a lot of friends there.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Somewhere in Florida where it never gets below 65 degrees. There are so many nice places in Florida i wouldn't even know where to live. NY kinda sucks, wayyyyy too many people.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
For someone whos has been few places, I might need to travel several years to scout out a perfect place.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Easy......Hawaii!

More specific: Maui

No worries!!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Well I would simply move west again. Western North Dakota is my favorite place in the world. I don't want to live in a town, so I would have to own a ranch perferably south of I-94 half way between the interstate and South Dakota.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

all i would do is visit the US
Vagas,Miami and Ny
i would never live there as the currency is weak and whats happening to the housing and other effecrs in the country,
not saying the UK is perfect

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I like Denver well enough, but I'd like to visit San Fran, Seattle, New York, DC, and Atlanta. Oh, and maybe live in Canada for a bit.

new topics

top topics

join