It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain to release 160 UFO files

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think that potentially this is one of the more interesting UFO stories of 2007.

It seems that following persistent requests from various researchers (particularly British researchers Gary Anthony, Dave Clarke, and Joe McGonagle) the British Ministry of Defence has decided to release all its UFO files - or at least all the files it admits to having...

The website of those researchers has some material relating to this decision, and gives the following summary:

1. There are a total of 160 files managed by DAS and DI55 which will be released. These cover a period from the late 1970s up to 2007, including a series of files containing FoIA requests and their responses on the subject of UFOs from 2005 to present. ...

2. It is expected to take 3 years to review, redact, and release the files, but release will occur in batches as they become available. It is currently intended to process the files in chronological order.

3. Personal details of officials and members of the public will be redacted, but the unredacted versions will be released under the terms of the Public Records Act, normally after 30 years.

4. The files will not be generally published on the MoD web site, but will be released to the National Archives in both paper and digital form. TNA will publish them on-line, but there will probably be a fee charged for their download in accordance with existing TNA policy.

5. It is likely that the MoD will respond to many future FoIA requests about UFOs along the lines that publication is scheduled via TNA, and the requester will have to wait until the information is available from TNA (covered by section 22 of the FoIA, "Information intended for Future Publication").

6. The first tranche of documents are expected to be released during spring 2008.

I think congratulations are due to those involved.

This information goes beyond, and updates, that in the thread I started in April entitled "Now Britain is to release UFO files"

Many members of ATS will also remember another relatively recent thread "France releases UFO files", which included links to a large volume of documentation released in France this year.

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

[edit on 21-12-2007 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Wow! Is there a site we can download or view these documents?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Very kewl IK. Thanks for the heads up.
I really believe we are being prepped for disclosure slowly and methodically.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
First it was3 nights straight of UFO talks on CNN, now two Japanese government officials openly admitting they believe in UFOs and now this. I wonder whats going on.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Listen to william cooper if you want to know what already is going on

And check out this pages:

www.wanttoknow.info...

wanttoknow.info...

exopoliticsradio.com...

www.serpo.org...

[edit on 21-12-2007 by abovetech]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eRauzed

I think these are controlled leaks... something to the effect of trying to get the public sub-consciously prepared for something that may happen. With out openly stating that the ufo reality is an ET threat, i think some governments may be getting ready for something to go down.

I dont mean that ET is necessarily a threat but in the last week there has been more going on to do with government disclosure than i've noticed in the last couple years since i started getting involved. And ufos dont make cnn very often.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Maybe we made a bigger splash on the fifth of November than we thought we did... Nah, probably not but it's nice to think about.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Is this really good news, or have we forgotten how these type of documents are generally released? Anything that is of importance will be blacked out, so I'm not all too excited about this release of UFO files.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm not so sure Impreza if it's the guts of the material that's important rather than the multinational gov reports that the ufo phenomenon is reality, documented, and now being spoon fed to us in little gerber jars. I too, Wired3 felt that something big is going to go down.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

What happened on 5 Nov ? Are you referring to the democratic debate?

Thanks, wondering if I missed someting significant.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by senshido
What happened on 5 Nov ? Are you referring to the democratic debate?

Thanks, wondering if I missed someting significant.

Oh, nothing significant.. you just missed The Revolution

I'm quite surprised you didn't notice it, there were some big banners on the site at the time.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

Ok some sort of press conference in NY, seems to be some social web convergence with regards to ATS..ok thanks.

You know, I may of missed the ad banner because I disable third-party cookies..

Happy holidays everyone.

Btw, to get back on OP topic, the Bentwaters case is 27 years old this month...there was some video taping of that apparantly. We know if that's gonna be released by the british MOD?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I could have sworn I had edited my Original Post include a link to the relevant page on the website run by Joe McGonagle, Dave Clarke and Gary Anthony - but I can't see it there.

The relevant link was:
www.uk-ufo.org...

This story has now hit the main stream media.

The Telegraph Newspaper's website has an article entitled
"MoD to open British UFO X-files", which includes the following:

Top-secret details about hundreds of sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects are to be released for public viewing in response to the nation's continuing fascination with the subject.

When the French government released all its UFO files earlier this year, the dedicated website promptly crashed due to the number of people trying to access the information.

Mr Pope said he expected to see similar a flurry of interest in the files, which he predicted would convert some sceptics.

"Whatever people think about UFOs, these documents are fascinating and show how the MoD has researched and investigated this mystery for nearly 60 years, without an answer," he said.

A Ministry of Defence spokeswoman confirmed the documents would be released from next year. "There has always been a great deal of interest in this subject," she said.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

[edit on 23-12-2007 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

you are correct,the people are being prepared and its a good thing as far as my understanding goes.

what must be must be regardless of what preceeded.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by welivefortheson]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Another mainstream media website has picked up this story, again quoting Nick Pope. (The article seems to be based on the earlier Telegraph story at the link I gave above).

The new article can be found here.

LONDON, Dec. 23 (UPI) -- The British government will soon release previously classified details regarding hundreds of reported sightings of unidentified flying objects.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I posted this again about 8 hours to late....Sorry bout that it is an interesting link
... Man I hate being the slow kid...

[edit on 24-12-2007 by Sentinel 1]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This story is continuing to spread through the mainstream media.

The website of "The Sun" (one of the UK's most popular tabloid newspapers) also has a story entitled "UFO files set for release" as this link.

THE government is set to release top secret files on hundreds of UFO sightings.

Over 10,000 UFO sightings have been reported to the MoD since the project was started in 1950.

After the cases were probed, around 5 per cent are still unexplained.

Kind Regards (and a Merry Christmas to you all),

Isaac

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

the Sun IS rupert murdoch,he has the final say on everything.

he ether believes ufo's to be a commercialy lucrative subject or hes pushing an agenda.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

I agree, probably not a lot of info in the selected group being released.

OBTW, didn't France release a lot of documents recently? I remember I could never get in to download the files because it was so overwhelmed with people trying to get the documents. Did anything ever come out of that release? I'm guessing not since I haven't heard anything.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Nick Pope is going to be interviewed by AboveTopSecret's own Dave Rabbit and Johnny Anonymous on the ATSMIX Show. The following is a link to the thread you can ask Mr. Pope your questions that he will answer on the show.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join