It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith Blinds

page: 1

join
share:
Lug

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Faith is a wall.

It is a wall of our own design which protects only those who are the purveyors of faith and who would gladly leave you vulnerable to their unGodly intentions.

Break down that wall of faith and you will have to confront the questions which arise within yourself.

Take nothing on faith. Ask every question. Force yourself to search for answers and take no advice from others unless they provide for you more questions to ask of yourself.

Faith is nothing, ever be nothing, and will give you no true solace your whole life long.

Be your own judge between good and evil.
Take responsibility for your own actions.
Treat the world, and everything in it, as if it is your own body.

There is no seperation between God and your own consciousnous. Take off the blinkers and you will eventually come to the truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I pretty much disagree with most of what you've said. To me, faith is an open gate, not a wall. I tend to look at it that people without faith have a wall built around them (figuratively) that makes them blind to see a beautiful hidden reality.

Also, by asking questions until I found suitable answers, it actually built my faith stronger not destroyed it. Faith has given me plenty of solace and the only time it did not, was when I had many questions - losing faith. I am very secure in the condition of myself, who I am, and how I feel about others - all because of faith.

The problem with judging what is good and evil is that no two people believe the same thing about what is right and wrong, therefore you are not being true to yourself if you only judge what is right according to your own rules. This then tends to make one irresponsible of their own faults and actions.

Originally posted by Lug
There is no seperation between God and your own consciousnous. Take off the blinkers and you will eventually come to the truth.

Actually there is a separation between God and man. If there were not, then our trials and testing would be over with. In time, that is going to be lifted for everyone, but for some it has already been shown. Faith is the only way to see it.

join