It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan UN bid 'provocative' - US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Taiwan UN bid 'provocative' - US

news.bbc.co.uk

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says Washington is strongly opposed to Taiwan's plan for a referendum on United Nations membership.
Ms Rice said applying to the UN in the name of "Taiwan" was a "provocative policy" - it raised tensions in the Taiwan Strait "unnecessarily".

Taiwan has failed to join the UN under its formal name, Republic of China.

Beijing regards Taiwan as its territory and has blocked its attempts to regain a UN membership the island lost in

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i am supprised at this as i would have expected the US to back taiwan on this as they already recognise them enough to arm them to the teath and have a defence pact with them.

is this just showing China has the US under some sort of control stopping it from going to Far with taiwan?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've said it many times on this board and members have ignored me when I said China's economic power over America is so huge that the policy towards Taiwan has changed.

When President Hu of China came to Washington and Bush said, regarding Taiwan, not to "damage relations between China and the United States".

America has gone from "we'll be there for you" to "shh, we can't upset China"

But, to be fair, Taiwan is not an independent sovereign nation so it cannot join the United Nations.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
SO the U.N is mad the Taiwen refueses to comply to a Murderous Regiem a communist baby killing child enslavement country,walmart children slaves/workers that produced poisen food and lead toys.

Gee I wonder why the people of Tawain would not want to be under such kind cuddly people.

Prob cause they get run over by a tank like Teniman Square.

Im sorry why is the UN mad?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOplayerhater

Taiwan is split over independence. Some want closer ties with China, due to the booming economy.

Don't believe all the comments from the pro-independence movement. Not everyone wants it. Nationalist would rather have ties with communists.

And, if you read the link, the United States made the comments not the United Nations. I don't think the UN has even made a statement of Taiwan membership. The security council would not back it anyways. Russia, China (maybe the US) and the two European Union members (UK and France) would not back it and will veto.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What comments from what pro indapendence movement am i believing?

Teniman Square you can youtube that. is a a fact sorry.

Lead toys Fact sorry.

China and planned parent hood kill millions of fetus each year. Fact

China employs Children for walmart martha stewart kmart etc. Fact

China is a communist nationalist party. fact

China released lead toys for yrs on the market. fact

china produced toxic food that killed americans. fact

so what comments was i reading this is all main stream news.

next time you want to battle try thinking first.

and I understand UN policies just fine

And another point is the UN is in NY city USA you are darn right what the US says or UN says is one in the same.

why do you think the UN is in the usa they run it.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOplayerhater

I know what Teniman Square is and the comments were about the independence movement in Taiwan. So please do not twist my words

china produced toxic food that killed americans

That's a bold claim that i cannot find a source to (which I am not surprised)

so what comments was i reading this is all main stream news.

Can I say, with a name like NWOplayerhater why are you believing the mainstream media? If you hate the NWO, you should be against them

[edit on 21-12-2007 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Try googling china toxic toothpaste next time try thinking.

the other poisen food stories should surface with this search.

I am not a library man.

when I speak i do not spew bs like you.

oh and heres a link im sorry you are bad with pc's and can not work google I must do it for you let me hold your hand my son.

www.therawfeed.com...

www.rense.com...

burnedoverdistrict.blogspot.com...

So what am I believing next time you want to battle Try thinking first!

I am sorry you tried to poke holes in my comment i just stated fact don't hate the player hate the game yeehah!

Heres the offical FDA.gov report on it.

To this CRAZY conspiracy theory of poisen food that does NOT excist.

www.fda.gov...

[edit on 21-12-2007 by NWOplayerhater]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOplayerhater
www.therawfeed.com...

www.rense.com...

burnedoverdistrict.blogspot.com...

LOL

rense is NOT a crediable source and a blog? please don't make me laugh.

when I speak i do not spew bs like you.

Read countless threads I've made, including an interview with George Galloway and the July 7th truth team. It's called real posting and research, not using rense.com

Plus, I have contacts with MP's, MEP's and other civil servants. So I think you call that soliding material.

And can I point out, no matter what you try and say, I've had numerous new members try and talk down to me. I don't do "battles" with someone who has only been here 5 mins.

No offence, you don't even stratch the paintwork.

I don't feed trolls. Welcome to my ignore list

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Oh my...

Well back to the OT, I'm not surprised by this at all.

The US has been tilting away from Taiwan since Nixon, and the trend continued with Reagan and Bush Sr.

During Clinton & Bush Jr's administrations, the US has cozied up a bit more to the Taiwanese - no doubt this has something to do with the growing importance of the Taiwanese electronics industry to the US economy, and in Bush's case, neocon ideology.

But the US still takes a hard line against any Taiwanese moves toward independence, and if the Taiwanese tried to declare independence, I do not think the US would intervene in the inevitable Chinese military response.

If China forced the issue and attacked without provocation, I am sure we would come to the aid of Taiwan.

But if the Taiwanese force the issue themselves, I don't think the US will do much but perhaps raise a diplomatic ruckus.

[edit on 12/21/07 by xmotex]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Im sorry the FDA must not be a crediable source you sir dont know when to admit defeat.

www.nytimes.com...

the NY times must be fake to.

You claim to do real research I doubt your info and you sir are fake.

if you did one Ioda of research you would see I am 100% correct.

So I guess you need to rethink your research tactics clearly the are flawed, Much like your replies.

you are rude and to slow to handle google i mearly nicly gave you a link to help you and you pick a fight.

Your family must love you around christmas I can tell what kind of person you are.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by NWOplayerhater]

new topics

top topics

join