It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Tazed at Best Buy!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Tazered for doing nothing at all.

Man o Man that was a great laugh.

Bring on the WW3 lets end this world

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOplayerhater

Funniest name ever. Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha.

Yeah, you know what? I almost agree. Humanity is so driven with hate and ignorance that we'd almost have to end it early to spare those very qualities that makes us human. It's a sad day when you can't even go buy an IPOD without having to go through the "don't taze me bro" scenario.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well, you know, those yoga instructors can look kind of threatening sometimes. What with all those lithesome moves and all. Perhaps she started repeating 'om' and the cop thought she was putting some voodoo on him

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

God, haha, you cornball.

There is a good point in this, though.. The least threatening people of society are getting tazed for non-compliance. That kind of sets the precedent for who's at risk of being next. As much as I am concerned for the safety of the police, it really irritates me to see everyone and anyone being tazed all the time.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
ROFL DFB, I knew you'd like that. I think alot of pd's are scraping the bottom of the barrel for cops these days with so many of our people in Iraq. There is no doubt tazers are way overused these days, but they do have there place. The few incidents I have had with cops have always been positive, speed etc., I treat them respectfully and they respond in kind. Even caught a few big breaks. The small amount of azzhole cops out there give them all a bad name. Sidenote: That cop in middle Ohio who repeatedly tazed that woman in has been fired and she is expecting a settlement.
edit clarity

[edit on 21-12-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Another case of some F---- up cop that has no brains or balls.

I hope that someone kicks him right in the jimmy, takes his tazer and gives this piece O'turd a 50,000 volt enema...

Please let it be me....

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Stories like this depress the hell out of me.
I am friends with a few cops. They are honest and decent.

I live in New Orleans and they stayed here during Hurricane Katrina.
When the order came for the gun grabs, they ignored it.
Yes, they arrested criminals.
They did leave "looters" who were taking food and water alone.

But it saddens me that while there are bad cops who do this, it gives all of them a bad name.

Same thing with the fracas that occured yesterday down here with protestors who were storming police barracades in a violent manner.

New Orleans police officers aren't permitted to carry tasers. Who was doing the tasing?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ambient Sound

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
I've said this before, but everytime this kind of thing comes up, I find myself reminded of various parts of Clockwork Orange for some reason.

Yeah, especially the part where Alex's former droogie thugs are hired as LEOs and subsequently beat the crap out of him.

But now, so they don't have to break a sweat and muss up their hair, they just inflict pain through tasing to force compliance.

It's so much easier on the thug/LEOs that way.

The sad truth is, I fear law enforcement and our own government much more than I fear any criminal or terrorist. The same type of cop who tazes people at the drop of a hat or at someone getting out of the car too slowly, is the same type of cop who will be right there behind the next Hitler.

Damn, you got that right!

I'm just waiting for someone's pacemaker to get fried or someone die from a unnessisary tazing. It will happen.

It has happened!

People have died from unnecessary tasing.

Best Buy Blows!

Be like me; boycott 'em.

apc

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I wonder just how much weight a length of knotted small intestine can hold.

I caught some show the other day. No idea what channel, but it was reality TV police academy style. I was mildly disturbed to say the least. Completely militarized. Down to the haircut for most of them. Big surprise so many pigs come out of those bunks.

>
Oh, the Copwatch people talked about in the article are worth a visit. copwatch.com. They have bumper stickers. I'm buying a few.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by apc]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

...police brutality, as common as it has always seemed to be, continues w/ these nu police state technologies. Sickening as that is, could the billy club be worse? Either way, "to protect and serve" right? Hardly, w/ the amount of cases being reported lately. The brains of these people need to be thoroughly checked over before letting them on the force, let alone corruption of the higher-ups -- how to root this out? Without congresses' help, it'll continue.

Also, w/ the pharma crimes increasing in the youth and the barrage of violence in games, entertainment, gotta nip these cases in the bud.

...on the edit: thinking about this, billy club is not worse, *they* might think twice before beating a woman, but a stun gun? Proves how cowardly most of these servants of the law are.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Oh, that's a good idea

Why aren't there "CopWatch" departments in cities? I mean, there is a police department buildings, right? How about CopWatch department buildings?

I think that would definitely help tone down the level of corruption, don't you think?

[edit on 21-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Yeah, you know, there's a big difference between a "citizen" and "policeman", right?

So...why hire the weak policemen that would use tasers instead of solving problems in other ways, then?

[edit on 21-12-2007 by TheoOne]

apc

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

There already are copwatch departments in every city: us.

People scream and yell, but who actually does something about it? I do. I'm even developing a couple products to make it easier for others to do the same. We're not dealing with ideas or policies here. We're dealing with action, and action can only be countered with action. So act.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You get what you pay for.

These people are under-payed, under-educated, and over-worked.

Because in our political culture we make everything a "war" (think "war on drugs"..."war of crime"..."war on ____" ), they begin with that viewpoint.

We *ARE* potentially the enemy...and too few of them have any reservations about treating the average member of the public in that manner. If you really think about it, it's actually sufficiently encouraged by government, the media and the public.

The situation is further complicated by the notion that, as an immobilizing tool, tazers offer the most effective means of control without too many physical consequences. (Of course, there are plenty of examples where that isn't quite true...) But what no one really knows is the degree of the negative "social" consequences.

It is obvious we have another big problem on our hands.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Cop's today, especially female cop's, are taught not to use their hands any more: They use Tazers instead of direct contact to effect an arrest. In the old days a cop would march over and take ahole of the person and turn them around and cuff them. If the person resisted, then there was a fight, with the cop usually winning due to training and night sticks, slapjacks, blackjacks, leaded gloves, Mace and plain old get down and dirty slugging. It was a man's game, and now women are playing it too, and thats OK..But in cases like this, the lady cop did not want to take a chance on getting her self in a position that was not totally on top: She , like most thug cop's today, would rather make you twitch and suffer on the ground Tazered than to discuss their ' orders '.

If you do not instantly obey, then you get Tazered and then you get cuffed and hailed away. You will always be charged with ' resisting arrest: it is a standard tack on charge that means that you did not immediately fall down trying to obey the ' commands ' of the cop. That cop had NO RIGHT to arrest the lady, as cursing at a cop is LEGAL. It is NOT disorderly conduct to curse a cop: Unless the woman was SUBSTANTIALLY disrupting the store business, say by closing down a lane and screaming for no reason, then she was NOT breaking any laws.

Cop's use the ' disorderly conduct ' and ' obstructing an officer ' charges totally wrongly 99% of the time. The charge gets thrown out but in the meantime the life of the citizen has been harmed. The cop gets away with it. Coward cops like this woman in this case are a disgrace to cop's everywhere and to humanity in general. Too weak and cowardly to take a chance on having to use her hands and actually do more than RUN HER MOUTH, she uses too much force, and will again!! Her bosses love it!!

Cop's today have huge ego's and a bad attitude..most were school bullies( or picked on by same ) and have a chip on their shoulder that they get off by abusing the people. If you do not INSTANTLY bow and scrape and put your face on the hot pavement or dirty floor and beg for your life, they will shock you and beat you and shoot you, and all of those cases have happened lately; murder by cop is the worst kind, because justice will never be done , and the killer cop's and the sadistic freaks that love to see others in paion, like the cop in this story should be doing hard time in a prison instead of getting kudo's for torturing the innocent..sick. This is a sick nation.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Sorry, but this just seems like the cause du jour. Not trying to say that people aren't hurt unnecessarily, but this type of behaviour has been going on with police in the US for a while, and I can't help but wonder why it is that the taser issue is getting so much coverage right now.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenixhasrisin

Because people don't like it, I guess. That's why it gets so much news coverage.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Whats with all the taser incidnets lately.....I reckon they should take the tasers away and give them pepper spray or mace. I know it doesnt work sometimes but its much safer I guess. Although I do admit some of those people do deserve the 50,000 volt shock

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Some people do, but not in this case. The lady was falsely accused and then punished for it. Doesn't make any sense from start to finish. What cop can't subdue some scrawny lady through verbal or even physical means? For my job, we have to go through a training seminar that is paralleled with the same control tactics the police use, and there was no need to deliver a 50,000 volt shock to this woman, who was obviously upset about all the unfounded and unfortunate events that were unfolding around her.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Whats with all the taser incidnets lately.....I reckon they should take the tasers away and give them pepper spray or mace. I know it doesnt work sometimes but its much safer I guess. Although I do admit some of those people do deserve the 50,000 volt shock

Oddly enough, back in the 90's, there were constant stories about the abuse of pepper spray and what not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join