It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers giving disinfo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
about every day i go to my 3ed hour class, and bring something up like the Make My Day law in class, my dumb teacher says "If someone breaks in your house, you can only defend your self with the same amount of force that the person that broke in is using" i wanna slap her and tell her she is giving propaganda out of her ass =/, and how dumb she is most of the time, anyone have any ideas how i can convince her of how dumb she is?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Maybe you should tell her that people have to defend themselves whenever they think they're endangered or under attack. That's the law of mankind: Defend yourself & your loved-ones, with as much force as needed, in order to rebuke & terminate intruders & other types of potential-murderers or thieves.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i have told her something just like that, but then she said "your gonna go to jail if you do that" when i asked her if someone broke into my house and i had a gun and that person had a knife she said "you would have to go get a knife to protect your self, and if you killed him with a gun you will go to jail" thats not what the make my day law says, i think after the chrismas break i will start telling her about 9-11 and try to get kicked out of her class for telling her the truth

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I see what you mean. She doesn't seem as smart as you, and other patriots, who actually know laws like the one we've been discussing. She should realize that people, in general must kill intruders' who have the intent to kill them, with whatever weapon that is available.

She needs to realize that an intruder isn't going to wait for a homeowner to get another weapon, when he or she (the intruder/potential-murderer) has the opportunity to cause harm against the potential-victim (homeowner or anyone like that).

[edit on 21-12-2007 by ahuman]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ahuman

what i really wanna do, is get a huge stack of papers that shows all the facts of the laws she thinks she knows. she even told me that "there is no freedom of speech, the first amendment does not apply in schools" i really wanted to slap her after she said that.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
you could ask her this "what if they apply no force, i just let them steal everything in my house", and "what if they have a gun, technically they are using the force of a finger to atytack me so what do i do poke him?".

oh and i sujest you dont get too worked up about it, she sounds like one of those blind people who will never be able to see the truth, also i think you should argue with her against the freedom of speech thing, tell ask her what shes gonna do. Another thing, if she is christian or catholic you can get her eally angry by telling her that her god promotes genocide in the old testament (its really true) that will piss her off.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by tankthinker]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

what i have told her, "if anyone was to break into my house, that guy is gonna die, even if he doesnt have anything on him" she said "you cant do that you will go to jail"
but i will ask her those questions

i could show her a video (if shes christan that is) it will piss her off ALOT

[edit on 21-12-2007 by seanking177]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
lol what grade are you in, im pretty sure she would never watch a video from you from what you told me, also do you go to a catholic school?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

im only in 9th grade
, if i went to catholic school i would make alot of people mad as hell.
< atheist >

[edit on 21-12-2007 by seanking177]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, you could just give her the definition of "The Castle Doctrine" law.
Grant it, not all states have this, but I believe most have their own version.

Castle Doctrine
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org...

A Castle Doctrine (also known as a Castle Law or a Defense of Habitation Law) is an American legal concept derived from English Common Law, which designates one's place of residence (or, in some states, any place legally occupied, such as one's car or place of work) as a place in which one enjoys protection from illegal trespassing and violent attack. It then goes on to give a person the legal right to use deadly force to defend that place (his/her "castle"), and/or any other innocent persons legally inside it, from violent attack or an intrusion which may lead to violent attack. Within the legal paradigm, therefore, it functions as a type of justifiable homicide.

Castle Doctrines are legislated by state, and not all states in the US have a Castle Doctrine.

Check your state and see what the law is....then quote it to her. She is probably very wrong. LOL

[edit on 21-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
nice, im in 12th grade go to public in toronto, luckily for me all my teachers are open minded and actually try to listen to us. Im agnostic, is your teacher christian/catholic?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

thanks =P

xP in colorado < where i am > its the "Make My Day Law", i have tried to tell her that. i will print the law out and show her it tho xP

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, In the state of California, Lethal force can be used on a intruder, unless they enter your bedroom, or bedroom of someone else in the house. (unless they are armed). so an example of my understanding of the state law in California is: guy breaks in house, stealing your TV, both hands are on the TV, use of your firearm, will be attempted murder. Guy breaks in house, Enters your bedroom, Fire a way. Guy in living room with gun/knife/bat, fire away, suspect is armed and considered dangerous.
If my interpetation of this law is incorrect, please correct me

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

i think she could be christan, most teachers/people in this town is x.x.
if she is christan i can show her "ZEITGEIST" an interesting video

video.google.com...
thats the link if you wanna see it, for free.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Prodigy

wow....thats funny as hell...im gonna go look up that

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
already seen it, i made some christians pretty angry because of it, the thing about your country is that its laws are so unstable, especially from state to state, i totally hate teachers who think they know all the answers, something i can tell you is to never lose your cool, be silent and wait for her to make a mistake so that you can exploit it after, also try making her sound like the stupid person, btw what class does she teach.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanking177What i really wanna do, is get a huge stack of papers that shows all the facts of the laws she thinks she knows. she even told me that "there is no freedom of speech, the first amendment does not apply in schools" i really wanted to slap her after she said that.

I like your methods. That is a great list of things to do, in her class or wherever you can confront her with those facts & present them to her.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

she teaches an extra class that the school was funded to make, the "P.R.I.D.E" class, a stupid thing to move the police state into this town faster.
and a class for kids that have a history of "Failing" classes

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanking177
reply to post by ahuman

what i really wanna do, is get a huge stack of papers that shows all the facts of the laws she thinks she knows. she even told me that "there is no freedom of speech, the first amendment does not apply in schools" i really wanted to slap her after she said that.

This does sound like a good idea, However when you do so, I would recomend that you do so in a professional, polite manner. Beleave me, i think it would make your victory that much sweeter, when all she can do is look at you and say "oh, well, I didn't know that". If you go at her acting like a punk, all that will go away, and she will get the satisfaction of getting you in trouble for being rude and defiant or what have you.

just my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Prodigy

Originally posted by seanking177
reply to post by ahuman

This does sound like a good idea, However when you do so, I would recomend that you do so in a professional, polite manner. Beleave me, i think it would make your victory that much sweeter, when all she can do is look at you and say "oh, well, I didn't know that". If you go at her acting like a punk, all that will go away, and she will get the satisfaction of getting you in trouble for being rude and defiant or what have you.

just my 2 cents
also when i do bring her the papers, i will have a camra with me to record all of it

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join