It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome! Simply Awsome.....And Stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So I was sittin here doin' some thinkin' and stuff. So I says to myself, Self? What the heck is happenin' and stuff?
Huh?
What?
Like I'm feelin' kinda funny and stuff.....
Hmmmmmmmmmm...................
This time of year is always full of crowds, traffic, pushy shoppers fighting to grab the last of one particular item, men with panic in their eyes as they realize they only have a day or two left to do their shopping........ Yep, good times.............

Huh?
C'mon!
What the heck?

Like I'm feelin' somethin' and stuff........
Can't put my finger on it.............
Hmmmmmmm................

C'mon brain! You better be doin' some good thinkin' and stuff, or I'm gonna stare into the Shiny nose of the Rudolph on my front lawn for an hour and give you a sunburn................

Hmmmmmm..........

Wait! I got it!

I'm like Ebeneezer Scrooge and stuff! I found the spirit!
Yeah!

Like I have an extra angel lookin' down on me from above and stuff!

And like I have another angel as well.

Hmmmmmmmm.......... and like I have a little dude who believes in me entirely, and can't wait for Sant to come and visit. There is NOTHING that is cooler than that! We spread out the reindeer food on the front lawn, leave cookies and milk for Santa, read The Night Before Christmas, and put him to bed.
'Needs Assembly'.
The scariest word in the world of toys...............
'Needs Assembly'. *Shivers*
Yep, like I'm gonna be up til the wee hours puttin' together his toys and stuff. YEAH! Like I put on the Christmas Story marathon, crack open a nice bottle of whatever and embibe. Then I sit in front of the fire, and assemble away.
Why is it that there is always at least one thing that doesn't line up as it's supposed to when doin' the assembly and stuff?
You know? This makes me do some more thinkin' and stuff.
Cursin' and stuff.
People complain about it. Hmmmmm................

Let's see I can be sayin' 'flippin flappin mutha flippin sum a bchn piece of doody....'

Or I could be gettin out my sledge hammer and crushin that toy to bits and stuff.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...........

So then after everything is put together, and laid out under the tree, and I've removed the cookies and milk, I make a couple of 'footprints' out of black colored sugar leading from the fireplace to the Christmas Tree.

Then like I'll pour myself one more drink, sit down and watch a little bit of television before my little Dude comes rumblin' in like a freight train!

Yep. I'm feelin' the spirit. I'm like all warm and fuzzy and stuff.

Happy Holidays everyone!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This thread makes me have flash backs Lombozo...to the assebly and stuff
Rest assured darlin, when your little dude gets much bigger and stuff..you can say "Gift Cards & Money and Stuff" and be all done with it. That might ruin your Christmas eve ritual and stuff- but kids are just so much easier to buy for when they get bigger
Just provide them with the means, and they will go do their own shopping & stuff

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
ahhh the memories...

laying in bed, eyes wide open, it's 11pm, then midnight then 1am... where's Santa, I know he's coming, where could he be...

Then the noise starts, the clang of a tool box, drawers opening and closing, boxes being torn open... and then there's my Dad... cursing like one has never heard before, "assembly required" yup that was the trigger that started it all...

After a while I'd fall asleep and wake up to a Christmas morning with all the toys and stuff all ready to go and my dad was none the wiser that I'd heard the whole event unfold the nigth before.

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Assembly. What i hate is the one screw that is left over everytime i put something together.
And its not one of the ones that comes in the little pack of spares.
I reckon theres a guy or gal that works on those toy production lines that slips in that extra screw and sits back at home with a cold beer and laughs themselves stupid just thinking about all the panic they've caused.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Oh geez..the STUFF I used to do..but not really into it any more.I used to make a big deal out of the holiday..House Decorated completely, baking dozens of things, guests over for dinner and drinks...
For the kids, I have used a stick to make reindeer tracks, and sleigh tracks..(They never knew), did the reindeer food thing, went outside their window with Jingle bells and a flashing red light...(Oh yes I did)
Of course the milk and cookie thing..every year, and carrots for the reindeer.
When we had a wood stove, I even took soot from it on my fingers and then touched the cookie plate and milk glass, leaving the finger prints behind.
I have always made sure that "Santa's " gifts are much fancier.

Oh my..that's just awful.I have done none of that this year.Just not into it.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm glad diamonds are "no assembly required". All the boxes in boxes in boxes wrapping will make for a warm Polar Bear and a shivery fiancee' come Xmas morn. Attila rocks. Purple Jesus anyone? LOL. Now, if I can just get Jake assembled and warm.

Polar Bear Diamonds Canada.

Hint, hint.

Mira

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mira_of_lurk0more
I'm glad diamonds are "no assembly required". All the boxes in boxes in boxes wrapping will make for a warm Polar Bear and a shivery fiancee' come Xmas morn. Attila rocks. Purple Jesus anyone? LOL. Now, if I can just get Jake assembled and warm.

Polar Bear Diamonds Canada.

Hint, hint.

Mira

Awesome honey..just awesome.Good luck with Jake!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Get that young fellow a toolkit next year..!!

"Look son!
A FULL SCALE MODEL of a Bicycle!
It's even ridable!!"

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Santa can't come to Hong Kong anymore the Commies won't let him in!

But I had a word with a *wink wink* fella I know up at reindeer HQ, there comming in low (under the radar) and dropping my little man's prezzies into the pool.

I'll go down at about 6am and fish them out. I could leave wet footprints on the floor, but the wife would flip!!

OK gotta go and play air hockey with said little man!!

Have a great day peeps

MonKey

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mira_of_lurk0more

"Diamonds. That will shut her up"

(Ron White)

Semper

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Only till she finds something she wants more....
(AccessDenied)

join