It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eagles Turn Down Super Bowl, Prefer Grand Ole Opry!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Much like the Philadelphia football team of the same name, Don Henley’s Eagles will not be playing at the Super Bowl next year. The Eagles turned down an offer to perform at the big game, and since Henley didn’t say why, we can only presume either they didn’t want to perform in front of a billion people or they didn’t relish following up Prince’s scorching halftime act from last year (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers will be doing the honors, instead). Or, perhaps, they have totally different aspirations, like playing Nashville’s Grand Ole Opry. “That would be an honor,” says Henley.....

Link to this utter crap!

I'm ashamed and saddened by this decision. What happened to you guys??
You were the best ever IMO, and now you've turned into a bunch of hicks. Whatever happened to sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll.........you know, life in the fast lane?????

Afraid to follow Prince???? Puhhhhhhlease!

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
THis is totally consistent with Henley. THey don't need the "exposure" a venue like the superbowl will provide. They are established and choosing a musical venue like Nashville’s Grand Ole Opry over a sports venue like superboring is a wise choice.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Did I hear someone saying his Puprleness' name...

Prince rocked the SB and no one will ever, ever, Eeeeever, have a performance like that...

Rock on Prince

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Not a slam on Prince at all because he did rock the house, but the Eagles ain't afraid of that!
They belt out Hotel California and everyone will be saying "Prince.......who's Prince?".

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I hear ya...

Believe it or not, "Hotel Clai" is my least fav Eagles song... my fav is
"I Can't Tell You Why" and as of a couple of months ago, I found a remake of it thats better than the original...

Vince Gill tore that song up...

new topics

top topics

join