It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Face On Mars!! Check This Out!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well, I was going over Cydonia (Mars) with a tooth comb yesterday and zoomed into some areas that seemed intriguing. I was out of luck in finding anomalies worth a second look. But after a break when I got back, I zoomed into an area towards the bottom of the ESA image and then flipped it 180 Degrees. Lo and behold! It seemed like a half human-half animal face embedded into one half of a rock formation!!

At least it seems to be a face to me. I know there are going to be many here who’ll insist it’s just a natural formation, some with the bunny-in-the-clouds stuff, imagination gone wild and so on! Of course, it could be any of the above! But then, could it also be another face on Mars?

I haven’t the faintest idea if this has already been discovered by someone else. Haven’t seen it anywhere on the net so far!

OK, here goes…

This is the source image from ESA:

Courtesy: ESA/DLR/FU Berlin (G. Neukum)

This is the area toward the lower edge of the image that I’ve flipped 180 degrees. Do you notice the ‘face’?

And this is the zoom of the ‘face’ which I have darkened a little to bring out the relief further.

So what do you guys think? Whatever it is, to me it sure looks like a relative of the famous face on Mars!

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

It looks to me like whatever it is, is stuck in the rocks and screaming to get out! Thanks for sharing this with us.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Mike I've seen you have copyrighted the picture, good job. You don't want anybody stealing it again, I understand why. Anyways, it could be another face on Mars, its not as clear as the famous one, and I am pretty sure it's natural. But keep looking, I suggest we all look, I know there's somethinf fishy going on on the red planet, and we're close to figuring it out.

-Jimmy-

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Mike I really enjoy your posts and the research that goes on behind them however, this time I think you may be grasping a little. I'll qualify that and say yes it does look like a face; but I'm not convinced that my mind wasn't already pre-conditioned to see it given the title of the thread!! Keep up the good work though because it is entertaining and I do have an open mind to these things - most of the time!!

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Looks to me like somone is grabbing at straws. IMHO

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sorry Mike, but i don't see your Face. Not without a lot of imagination.

The only Face i see in the first Picture looks a lot like the old Cydonia Face.

That is a nice Face but it is just some lights and shadows i guess.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by imothop35]

[edit on 21-12-2007 by imothop35]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sorry Mike, I think this one is a stretch. Either it's nothing, or this was an earlier attempt at a face and the Martians got much better later after a few art classes.

[edit on 12/21/2007 by Hal9000]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I was going to read this, but I think I will wait until someone else posts it on youtube and reads it to me

I kid, good find.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
or this was an earlier attempt at a face and the Martians got much better later after a few art classes.

Spot on Hal!!
I know this darn thing's a stretch. But what the heck, we could be looking at something that's more than a hundred thousand years old! This one seems really weather beaten, what?

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Kinda looks like a face, Mike, I agree.

I guess the interpretation of this (and any other visage) is up to one's own imagination, I guess.

My only suggestion to all interpreters would be to read a bit about Pareidolia here and here and simulacrum, here.

Both of these terms refer to the very natural human psychological process by which our brains are wired to seek out and "find" human-recognizable features in inanimate objects (yes, such as in clouds, toast, and rocks).

This is not a dig on Mike, per se. I actually respect his thoroughness, research efforts (where does he find the time?!?), and his wonderful attention to detail. But, like the rest of us, he's only human. And, as proven by many clinical tests, he will be drawn to see faces because, from infancy, humans are attracted to anything that resembles a face (or other easily recognized feature) and the neurons in our brains can not help but "find them".

So Mike may pooh-pooh the whole bunnies-in-clouds/jesus-in-toast/faces-in-rocks rejoinder, but there is no way to argue against it since it is as much a part of his brain as it is the rest of ours.

Not to discourage you Mike - keep looking - and keep sharing these wonderful images with us! They are fascinating to look at and highly entertaining to discuss in the forum - you're an asset to ATS!

By the way - I'm not sure you can claim a copyright on a photo already under copyright protection by another entity (Courtesy: ESA/DLR/FU Berlin (G. Neukum) ) - you may want to check into that just to cover yourself.

Carry on!

[edit-fix link]

[edit on 12/21/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
While I think it does look like a face and a rather decent one at that (I cant believe I'm seeing what Mikesingh see
) if you squint your eyes and let imagination flow, I would take into account orientation. North is to the right on that pick, meaning the "face" is at an odd angle compared to it, to the point of not being a face at all with north up.
Edit: well north is left on your flip.

I mean such a massive alien structure obviously meant to be looked at from space (theoretically) would be aligned to the planet somehow IMO. Doesnt have to be along the north/south line of course, but that's the most obvious.
(assuming it was built by advanced aliens that is)

So I just say vivid imagination in the end

[edit on 21-12-2007 by merka]

[edit on 21-12-2007 by merka]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If I try really hard, I see the face of a lion....w/ little ears and wiskers! Maybe because im a Leo and love lions?

See:

compared to:

Sorry for my crappy arrows....my tablet isnt plugged in!!!

Great find!!

[edit on 21-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Kinda looks like a face, Mike, I agree.
I guess the interpretation of this (and any other visage) is up to one's own imagination, I guess.

Carry on!

Thanks Outrageo! Yeah, as I said earlier, it is a little bit of a stretch! But heck we're not gonna find exquisitely carved statues on Mars, just yet!!
We may be looking at weather beaten stuff thousands of years old. But as you say, it could be an overactive imagination!

And about that copyright. I've checked. The original pic has been initially acknowledged, (Courtesy: ESA/DLR/FU Berlin (G. Neukum). If one then zooms parts of it, marks, or annotates it, then the work is yours! Provided of course, the original image isn't defaced in any way!

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by imothop35

Actually, the face you circled was the first thing that stood out to me as a possible face.

Maybe we could see a close-up of THAT.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I like it Mike

I have seen more of such examples in some MOC images. Maybe when I have the time, which is a problem the last month, I will post some if it.

cheers!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the pics! It does look like a lion, and the details are cool, The whiskers and the ears look like a lion! That's cool that you found it! I always love talking about the Face On Mars!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but that Mars character is bloody two faced isn't he?!

I'll get my coat...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The face circled by imothop35 IS the Cydonia face

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 21/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thank you internos.

I wasn't sure about that Picture and about that face i circled. i thought it probably would be the famous Cydonia One but could not find another picture to check it out (i am always stunnend about how fast you find those images) . But now there is no doubt about it anymore.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Whoa boy. Somebody needs more work at work or a new hobby. This is getting ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join