It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd "UFO" over plane.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I was Google Earth touring around my home town when I came across this odd image.

Photo

As the image shows an airplane flying near shore, over the water, of Point Des Pins a beach area near by. A bluish object seems to be either in front or over the plane. As you can see by the shadow over to the right the object projects a shadow along with the shadow of the airplane.

What could this object (UFO) be? Any thoughts, or comments welcome.

Merry Christmas everyone, since I have your attention.

[edit on 21/12/07 by Rhain]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Sorry can't seem to get imageshack to work with me on this...will try once more.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Looks to me to be just a little puff of a cloud.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Yes it does. If you go to the coordinates on bottom of the picture you will fine that its a very clear day. Could it be engine smoke? Then I would say this guy is in trouble. The bluish colour is odd as well. Exhaust maybe?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am still looking for a sensible explanation of what that bluish object is. The day is not overcast from what I can see on the map.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It does look strange but I'd say its just a camera anomaly. Theres plenty of them on Google Earth.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

[edit on 12/21/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by eRauzed
It does look strange but I'd say its just a camera anomaly. Theres plenty of them on Google Earth.

I agree with you there are a lot of anomalies in Google Earth, but what keeps my interest is the fact that this one has a shadow.

Thank you for your response, appreciated.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Any person who says they know for a fact there is a God is saying they know everything about the Universe. How could anyone honestly say that?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain
As the image shows an airplane flying near shore, over the water, of Point Des Pins a beach area near by. A bluish object seems to be either in front or over the plane. As you can see by the shadow over to the right the object projects a shadow along with the shadow of the airplane.

you're right, it does appear to cast a shadow along with the plane... perhaps it could be something after all...

there's a story about a man who disappeared in australia... he was flying a small plane over water and encountered something similar, then he just vanished... watch the beginning of this show for a quick version of his story (it's an old Unsolved Mysteries episode and Frederick's story lasts about 12 minutes)...

Disappearance of Fredrick Velantich

Originally posted by gauncents
Any person who says they know for a fact there is a God is saying they know everything about the Universe. How could anyone honestly say that?

well, i don't believe in the christian version of God or anything like that, but take a look at these pics and tell me there isn't some form of higher power out there somewhere... there must be a "god" of some kind...

Hubble Deep Field

Hubble Ultra Deep Field

eh?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by m3rlz

Unintended consequence but interesting response.

That is in my signature and I had deleted my post and forgot to delete the signature. When I first looked at the photo I thought it was dunes and then discovered it was ocean and deleted my dumb remark. Worked out better anyway

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Thank for your interest anyway.

I also want to add that this picture from Google is of the St. Marys river which divides Sault Ste. Marie Ontario and Sault Ste. Marie Michigan.

Here are the co-ordinates for Google 46°30'18.29"N, 84°32'40.46"W

I have never witnessed a UFO and am thrilled that I found one in my back yard so to speak.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It looks like it could be a cloud of smoke, but to come from the airplane it should be behind and not in front of the plane.

Good find, it's the first really interesting thing of this kind that I see, all other "UFOs on Google Earth" are usually easily explained.

This could also be easily explained, but not by me.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you for your reply. I don't think this mystery can be solved. Just a UFO.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

The shadows in the wave troughs suggest the sun is above and to the right of the camera but the shadows appear to the left of the plane and the blue spot. My guess is that the shadows are fakes, and maybe the blue spot as well. Google jokester at play?

PSP

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Could it been a reflection of the windows in the front of the plane?

just my 2 cents

PSP

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

The shadow of the airplane is in the same direction as those from the nearest trees, so I think that it is really a shadow.

For those without Google Earth, this can be seen in Google Maps using this link.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Google Earth or Google Maps the siting is the same. The bluish UFO casts the shadow in both. If this is a utility anomaly ok but what if it isn't.

The shadow is cropped out of the picture, please click picture to see the full pic.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

I know that they are the same pictures.

Because of that, and because not all people have Google Earth but all people who have an Internet connection and a browser can see Google Maps, did I posted the Google Maps link.

new topics

top topics

join