It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thread of Mindless Banter!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I sure hope this thread is appropriate in the current climate of "pointless" threads.

I'm often on here at high and low online participation, being a nightshift worker on the otherside of the world it can get pretty lonely on here sometimes.

Sometimes i'm online and there doesn't seem to be much happening, you know you make a few posts, no reply's after 1/2 an hour or so, you've read all the other threads that take your fancy, what else is there to do.

I figure it would be nice to have a thread that anyone at anytime could just jump into and engage in some mindless banter with other members, i'm really good at mindless banter.

Today was my last day at work for the year, we had a nice old piss up and now i'm sitting at home half cut with one eye on the telly and the other on the computer. All i can say is, Woohoo, three weeks off, it's been a bloody long year. I'm heading up north on sunday to Alice Springs which is about a 20 hour drive. I'll be up there for 8 days, fossicking, four wheel driving and a bit of shooting too hopefully if my mate gets time off from the mines.
No i am not going to try to sneak into Pine Gap!! For those of you that haven't figured it out yet i'm in Australia.

I was born up there but only get back once a year these days which is a pity cause i really miss the simple, easy go lucky attitude that exists up there.

Been absolutely pelting down here today as well which is pretty ironic considering were in the middle of one of the worst droughts ever. Our state government was even considering taxing rain that you collected in rain water tanks or dams if it exceeded a certain amount, true, how bizarre is that.

Anyway, anyone else out there bored silly drop on in and let us know whats goin' on in your neck of the woods.

Told ya i was good at mindless banter.

mojo.

i was kidding with the "pointless jibe at the beginning Mods.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
A RAIN tax? Now I've heard everything! Wow.

Me and my kids are about to hit the road for the 400 mile drive to my dad's for the weekend. I'm tired just thinking about it. Thank FSM for portable DVD players -- last trip the kids did better than I did. I tend to get really tense and bored.

So I'm going to be offline until Monday evening. I'll come and pointlessly banter more then.

Happy non-denominational holiday!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Thanks MM.

DVD player we had in the car is trashed. Plays the picture but no volume, it keeps the kids amused for about, oh, 5 minutes.
The drive from here (Adelaide) to Alice Springs is mostly flat desert country, particularly up around Coober Pedy were they filmed a movie about Mars i think, or some other inhospitable planet. Its endless red plains dotted by thousands of mineshafts and tailings.
About the best we can come up with to keep the kids entertained is a little game we call "Spot the squished animal". You get double points for native species and minus points for introduced species, very rarely end up in the positive.

Have a great trip MM and look forward to catching up with you when you get back safe and sound.

Happy alcoholic guy in a red suit day.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hey Mojo.

I'm always up for some pointyless chatterizing.

Just got back in a while ago, been out doing a little bit of shopping with the wife and child. We got bored with shopping, so we took a walk along the habour and looked at all the lights on the buildings, took a few snaps had some noodles and then got the train home.

Nearly midnight now... I'm done with work for the year (apart from next Friday, gotta go and see some people about some things and stuff). Just staying at home for the X-mas period.

To everyone traveling: have a good and safe trip. If your staying at home have a great time too.

MonKey

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hey Chikey,
its nice to be done for the year even if its only for a few weeks. The fun part is nursing my head through the next few weeks of food and drink.

My eldest daughter is flying off to see her Grandparents today, its her first time on a plane on her own, i think were probably more nervous than she is at the moment.

Hope you and your family have a great chrissy and new year as well mate.

Mojo.

top topics

join