It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HPV vaccine hoax exposed.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Shrug. My personal position is that I have yet to see data that definitively links HPV as the de facto, primary cause of cervical cancer. I have definitely seen data that circumstantially links it with cervical cancer.

I would hesitate before I took a vaccine from a company known to have developed drugs that cause cardiovascular/liver problems (the FDA does *not* have your best interests in mind all of the time) to combat a virus that can in many cases be eradicated by the immune system.

While only 3,670 cervical cancer deaths will have occurred this year (according to the National Cancer Institute), there will have been 366,000 women killed by Heart Disease (that's 32% of all female deaths in America this year -- data obtained from the White House and corroborated with other sites). Until I see definitive proof that Merck is not unleashing yet another drug with cardiovascular risks, I think I'd avoid the vaccine. Condoms prevent HPV transmissions 70% of the time. And, for the record, abstinence works 100% of the time (and it's free).

I am by no means a hard-line anti-vaccine person. But from the high pressure advertising for Gardasil, you'd think that every woman in America is going to develop cervical cancer within the hour, and that is simply not true. Very few women will get the disease (only 11,000 or so new cases out of 151,000,000 or so American women) and fewer will die from it.

The FDA has screwed us over several times in the past (in conjunction with Merck quite a few times). I think it would be prudent to wait awhile before suddenly beginning to take their word on anything again. The FDA pushed the diabetes drug Troglitazone on to the market and later found out that it causes drug-induced hepatitis and liver failure. They pushed Merck's anti-inflammatory drug Rofecoxib (aka Vioxx) on to the market and Merck itself withdrew it after the lawsuits started rolling in on the drug causing cardiovascular problems as well as liver failure (and at least 2 deaths). Lumiracoxib was also subsequently pulled from the market. There are also doubts about the safety/usefulness of the Hep-B vaccine for infants. The FDA, on a routine basis, makes no safety studies of dietary supplements (hence the persistence of ephedrine on the market for so many years, which allowed for an increase in meth production).

So pardon us if we don't give much of a crap about what the FDA says -- they have demonstrably proven over the years that we simply cannot trust them without corroborating data from sources external to their organization. In 2006, the Union of Concerned Scientists conducted a survey and found that the FDA pressured its scientists to exclude or alter scientific data related to the safety and effectiveness of various products. Of the 5,918 polled FDA scientists, only 997 responded, and 18.4% (that's nearly one-fifth, or approximately 184) of the respondents reported that they "have been asked, for non-scientific reasons, to inappropriately exclude or alter technical information or their conclusions in a FDA scientific document" -- 40% of the respondents "fear retaliation for voicing safety concerns in public" (source). I highly recommend reading that information, since there are other statistics that I did not quote.

/tn.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by teleonaut]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
articles.mercola.com...

As described in a 1993 journal paper published in The British Medical Bulletin, anti-fertility vaccines were being engineered “incorporating tetanus or diphtheria toxoid linked to a variety of hCG-based peptides.”

The authors of this article state,

"The fundamental principle behind this approach to contraceptive vaccine development is to prevent the maternal recognition of pregnancy by inducing a state of immunity against hGC, the hormone that signals the presence of the embryo to the maternal endocrine system.”

Free tetanus vaccines that were offered to young women of childbearing age for years in countries such as Tanzania, Nigeria, Mexico, and the Philippines, were found to contain human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (hCG), which causes spontaneous abortions if the woman becomes pregnant.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join