It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AA12 Recoilless 4 Guage Auto Shotgun: 300 Rounds Per Minute.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
liveleak.com: AA12 Auto Shotgun

This thing is amazing. It makes regular shotguns look clumsy and hap-hazard by comparison.

"Can be dropped in the ocean and used later on"

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Wow - neat scattergun, I want one for Christmas!

from Wiki: "MPS also claimed this gun requires zero cleaning or lubrication"

How does that work?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There's already a thread about this. Which had some pretty good discussion on it already that you all could contribute to.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The AA-12 is quite simply the single greatest small arms development since the M-1 Garand. The majority of firefights are under 300 yards. Welcome to the near domination of firefights by the AA-12.

The rounds available for this thing are so sickeningly devastating its just a matter of time before the UN declares it "illegal" and an "unfair advantage" because the US and eventually the UK and Australia are wiping the battlefield clean with it.

It will become some kind of an issue at the UN. Just watch.

Dump the AR. Standard issue the AA-12 with an optional 7.62 attachment w/12 rounds standard for anything past or waay past 250 yards. Sight them both through an upgraded ACOG. Simple piston driven underslung 7.62 in a bull pup design so the barrell lengths can match without really giving up anything.

Yes carrying those big AA-12 drums around is a pain but more than worth it. Would you rather have an M-4 out in the desert that you gotta friggin take apart and clean every time you stop? Weve gotta get past having to "double tap" nearly anybody to put em down. True, in very very weird coincidental situations one may have to double tap with the AA-12 but when say a conscript type soldier ie insurgent is running away in terror because of the sight andor sound of it and there is almost NO cover from it to a well trained supplied and armed professional enemy ie say Chinese PLA for example is running away in terror because of the sight or sound of it and there is almost NO cover from it then.....

Thats what I and my veteran Marine friends call a real Main Battle Weapon...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

This thing is amazing. It makes regular shotguns look clumsy and hap-hazard by comparison.

Damn - makes my Mossberg 500 look like a toy. Only problem is what
happens when rednecks start toting these around in the gun racks of
their pickups. Won't be a highway sign left in the country!

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
AA-12 lust is growing daily. I too have the ol Mossberg 500. Gotta stop wondering how to make it at least semi auto. Semi auto(non pump)shotguns are a bit out of my price range. One day....sigh...

The Future Weapons episode with the AA-12 just makes me salivate. Those mini-grenades it can fire.....ooooooo...

I kind of am very suprised this is an American gun. I thought razors edge innovation like this now only came out of Germany(HK) Belgium(FN) and sometimes Russia(Saiga).

Better for us. The build quality and ergonomic design is genius.

A very welcome ray of hope through the absoloutely dismal idiocy of no-bid contracts a perfect example of which is Colts no-bid contract that they have on the current M-4. Thats right, by contract with Colt the DOD CANNOT take seriously any bids from other competitors no matter how much better the competitions rifle/carbine is until the contract is up in 2009.

So smile when the blowback into the chamber jams your gas tube AR giving an enemy quite the "golden moment" to fill you with 7.62x39mm from the ol "ballistic crap machine" the rediculously recoiling Kalishnikov as you quickly fumble for the Clinton clipped M-9 Beretta that you know has nearly a 50/50 chance of jamming or not feeding at all.

Now that Ive posted that and read it you know what? The AA-12 is just to good to give to our troops en masse. Sometimes I wonder whos at war with who here?

The AA-12 in its current form took over THIRTY YEARS to design morphing into the stainless steel light recoiling beast it is now. Oddly enough it did indeed start out as a modified AR platform! I would say only time will tell how succesful the AA-12 is but it isnt time that will tell but desk jockeys at the Pentagon or some idiot politician that will tell. It was not veteran soldiers or weapons experts that got us stuck with the superdumb gas tube AR it was Lyndon Johnson watching watermelons get blown to bits at a demonstration during an outdoor picnic in the sixties. LBJ was so impressed by the wicked looking black rifle that he right then and there in what was a completely unfair non competitive demonstration in which only the AR was present "Hey Mr President, watch this!" chose the AR over its non present competition and absoloutely stunned officers involved with the program to replace the M-14 with something a bit lighter.

The AA-12 did develop of the off the arguably ergonomicly perfect yet inherently piss poorly engineered gas tube dumping layer after layer of blowback right into the chamber dooming untold numbers of US servicemen for forty years platform but of course that disastrous anomoly isnt present on.

The End?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Strapping Young Lad

Well, just to say, Americans have all kinds of excelent innovations all the time, just like this. Simply look at our aircraft like the F22 and F35, our B52, our Kiowa Warrior, Apache Longbow, Blackhawk, Huey, M14, OCIW...

However, I have some questions:
What rounds are you saying would lauch long range and accurate from an auto shotgun?
How costly is it?
How modifiable?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Future Weapons is all about hyping up weapons of all sorts.

the AA-12 is not the first and definitly not the last attempt at an auto shotgun, the Jackhammer, Striker (Street sweeper) and HK CAWS are all attempts at the same concept.

Even a Saiga 12 can do the same job, the AA-12 has a drum but the Saiga is capable of taking a drum too, so that point is moot.

It would have advantages in some CQB enviroments but it WILL NOT replace any assaut rifles since it does not have the range required.

The explosive rounds is a nice touch though, you can really reach out and touch someone with that, but since it's a standard 12ga round there is nothing new there....

where did it ever say it was a 4ga?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I wonder if they have experimented with rifled barrels and slugs? It seems like a very versatile and devastating weapon with a ll the rounds available in 12 ga.

does anyone have any idea what the AA12 costs $?

How about an AA12 with a drum full of taser XREP rounds?

www.taser.com...

Video of it

www.taser.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I dont think you would duck hunt with it ..LOL I want one . That would Give any burglar /Intruder a heart attack or messy pants.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well first, what do you use Assaults Rifles for and what do you use shotguns for?

I don't think a Shotgun could replace an Assault rifle, but it's up in the air for which shotgun and which assault rifle is best.

The AA-12 to me would be a welcome addition to any fire squad's world. It's uses in taking point inside an urban situation could be endless.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Its awesome, but the problem is its designed FOR the military.

I doubt we'll see a civilian version of this. Say goodbye to defending against tyrannical police and military forces if need be...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

just watched a video off the above said weapon in 12 gauge and i want one for my birthday. looks like just the thing for squirrel hunting

Mod edit: please no all cap typing.

[edit on 1/27/2008 by kinglizard]

new topics

top topics

join