It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hypnosis for paranormal abilities (good idea or not)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I got to thinking about writing a script for hypnosis that would allow you to become more sensitive to the paranormal. Basically you would reprogram your subconscious for this. There might be a good reason though your conscinous blocks this out like maybe you couldn't handle it mentally. A lot of sensitive people wish they weren't. I'm afraid of opening a pandoras box. but on the other hand you might become more spiritual and not pay attention to this materialistic world. Tell me your thoughts good or bad.

Thanks,

James

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by james99099

Hm.....personally this is a touchy situation because you mentioned it would REPROGRAM our subconscious for this. Will this reprogramming allow US , the individual, to be in control? What if our subconscious is linked to the Great Divnity, and if we were to reprogram it, would we lose the gifted one-ness consciousness that we can access to? Sorry for brining a sort of religious question in; essentially what i am conveying in this part is that everything is at least sort of, like, in tune with SOMETHING. What it is , we dont know; what we do know, is that there is a connection to something greater. Personally, dont you think we might lose that connection.

Another thought, can you explain more as to HOW we may become more sensitive? Like hear dead peoples voices or see things because we programmed our subsconscius to become more susceptible to these frequencies? I would like more insight to this please, its very ambigious.

Interesting thing you brought up, i would like to hear about it more, if you may.

Thats all i got

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jarheadjock

By "sensitive" I think he means being able to sense or become more aware of psionic energies.

I've tried listening to the hypnosis file "SuperHumanMind2", it's supposed to allow me to "speed read", help do TK, and telepathy. I've been using it for 2 days and so far no success.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

Well for those kinds of things, it cant be rushed! Take time and clear your mind, it'll ease into your subconsciousness for sure.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I've had the idea to go under hypnosis to remove some mental blocks placed by others, so that I can fully access my... true self. I know what's there, other people know what's there...

It's like fumbling around a blackened room. You know that things are there, and you know where those things are, but you can't get to them.

Same thing.

Tried it a couple times, too. Besides swarms of shadow people and massive headaches, nothing.

Things can't be rushed, everything comes to its own with time.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
ok your subconcious weeds alot of erroneous info day to day. However if you start telling it this info is important it should surface. You can't really be specific like hone on on 27 hertz. It is more like saying "I want to be a better person" just a general idea. I think our six sennse is programmed into our genes. It was more helpful in caveman days when we depended on it to survive. Either it has faded away or we suppress it when we are growing up and we are not supposed to talk to imaginary friends. there is no reprogramming as this lost ability is within us. Just like athletes some are born with great skill. Just like The numerous famous psychics edgar cayce, etc. But just like athletes we all have this ability some just better than others. where is this superminds2 hynosis file???

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think this is is a pretty good idea.
personally I am some what spiritual, I have had occasional senses of other beings while in certain areas.
But I would still like to become a little more sensitive to these and maybe have some more experiences.
If you do figure out some way to do this please tell me about it

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The more I practice self hypnosis the more sensitve I become to the paranormal and I am not even trying. If you take down all your blocks all at once you might shock your system when you start seeing everything you were not all of a sudden.

You could end up catatomic or like a victim of PTSD or I could just be worried and nothing negative will happen because of the awakeing but it is something to think about.

I am not against the idea I just think that slow and stead my be the best course. Instead of all in one day maybe over the course of a month or two. I have found that multiple sessions for the same thing get better results anyway.

top topics

join