It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-Year-Old Charged With Possession Of Weapon On School Property

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

10-Year-Old Charged With Possession Of Weapon On School Property

www.local6.com

According to authorities, school employees spotted the girl cutting her food while she was eating lunch and took the steak knife from her.

Students told officials that the girl did not threaten anyone with the knife.

The girl was arrested and transported to the Juvenile Assessment Center
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
so this little girl eating her dinner like 1,000's of other children in North america will now have a zero tolerancefelony record.

Doesn't anyone see were we are headin as a society. People say cameras and tracking devices are only for those that commit crimes or break the law. Are we all saints do we all know all the laws that we have to follow? Why didn't the teachers just take the knife tell mum or dad they shouldn't let her have food that needs cutting at lunch time. Problem over.

Does anyone know if the authorites punished the girl and family further?

www.local6.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I get your point, and this situation is ridiculous in many ways (e.g. her parents, and the school officials' reaction), but no district attorney that enjoys his or her job is going to charge this little girl with anything. How this made the local Orlando metro news, I don't know - but knowing the way that the metro Orlando area is heading... We should all be glad they had nothing *worse* than this to waste their time reporting about.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I don't know what will or has happened to this girl. I do know that things were different when I was in school. I carried a knife with me every day since I was in the third grade. Depending on who the teacher was, some did not mind. I know that's not how it works now. If it was the students parents that sent her to school with the knife, all I can say is between both of them, they probably should have known better.

sty

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This reminds me of my childhood in the communist Eastern Europe.. lucky they did not have computers/cams back then..
As i spent my childhood in this kind of environment, my brain is sort of recognising "patterns" in totalitarian government .. and o.. how I recognise them when we talk about US!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

Sty
nice post. Thanks for sharing. I hope more people will realize what you said. May I ask where you are at now? Geographically speaking that is.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
When I was in Highschool most male students had a knife in their pocket or in a sheath on their belt. Nobody said anything . It was the norm back in 1980.

As a teen when I would go hunting I openly carried my weapon/shotgun/rifle walking down the road and when a police officer saw me he would just wave . I would not even try it now or else you would have 10-20 cops on you in about 5 minutes.

The lawmakers/congress/politicians has just gone frikking nutz with censorship and with the PC bullcrap.

Now this child will have a juvenile record of carrying a weapon until she is 17-18 yrs old.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

Nailer
When I was in school the knives were never that openly displayed. On rare occasions when some one was caught with a pocket knife they got in trouble. I do agree with what you said about the censorship and pc bc.

top topics

join