It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CON in Consparicy Theory.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
In College, I learned a really cool trick. I use to write papers of about what ever I felt, and through a quick search I could find suporting infomation on ANYTHING I wanted.

Research

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
And before anyone thinks of moving my thread because it isn't a "consparicy theory", I'd like to point out that it is.

The consparicy, actuall and real use of the term, is that there are parties out there pumpping lies and spinning confusion by making them believe their lies, their consparicy theories, so they can have a bunch of people fall into their agenda.

Their agenda, at best would be "Sell Books and Videos".

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well, any relatively sane person who's not a bandwagon jumper definitely will tell you that you have to read all sides of an argument about a so called conspiracy in order to make an informed decision on your beliefs towards the situation.

I also trust my gut a lot. There have been several times where I'll have this burning suspicion about something in my head, and come to stumble upon a bunch of info on that exact thought I had, and it rings true, but sorry to say, not all of it IS true, not everyone has good intuition to follow, and the solid facts are very hard to find because there's so much we don't know.

There are a lotta really hard to believe conspiracy theories out there, but I guess we've gotta at least take them for a test drive and see how we feel about them, because if you don't consider a wide variety of ideas, no matter how outrageous, what good info or free advice will you miss?

I like to think outside the box, but even with some crazy things that have happened, I can't let my imagination get away from me. Give it an inch, and it will go a mile... that's what I'd like to say.

But skeptics are the same way. Most make me sick... so I dunno, I'm on the fence here. I can be skeptic, but to be dismissive of any idea right away would be ignorant, even if you have "knowledge" or beliefs that contradict an idea.

As much as I believe 9/11 was an inside job, if there was irrefutible evidence to show me otherwise, I would say "Ok I was wrong."

As for aliens and the paranormal, that's a different story....

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Too bad conspiracy theory is plagued by gullies and scumbags, though. They make the real mysteries look bad. Gullies believing anyone with a frisbee and a camera, and the scumbags being the guy with the frisbee and the camera and who's selling a book about how the frisbee in the picture is actually a Plejaran who gave him a cool plastic raygun toy to play with.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Yes, but my point is it's self enduced consparicy theories. You've stated you follow your gut and you have an idea and you look and find.

Of course you're going to find that you believed you would.

The very nature of mankind is to see what they want to see and find evidence suporting their theoires.

This is the self serving bias. Without first realizing it is there, how can anyone truly expect to find "the truth"?

You are very logical. That's easy to see. However, a good amount if not the majority of those that follow after consparicy theories are not mentally stable. They can't even see the common understandings in the shared reality so how is it they are suposed to do the checks and ballances required to come up with as free of biases personalize understanding as we all should be searching for? They Can't.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
First off, I'm going to trunkcate what can be classified as a consparicy theory.

ANYTHING THAT OUR GOVERNMENT DOES IN THE PERCIEVED BEST FOR NATIONAL SECURITY is not a consparicy. IT IS THEIR JOB!

I don't believe in consparicy thories. I believe mankind is closer to a monkey, and all the best thinkers don't want to consparize.

Have you ever had a group of 5 friends try to order one pizza? It can't be done.

The consparicy is that too many people are fooling themselves.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hey was that a joke? When you first joined you pretended to be an archangel? I just thought you were crazy.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories either. I believe in conspiracy fact. If we are just dumb monkeys, then wouldn't it be concieveable to fool everyone all the time?

Wouldnt it be concieveable that, in all actuality, we have NO IDEA what is going on?

But isn't it also concieveable that someone should try to find out what is going on so we can stop behaving like stupid monkeys and become better than that? We aren't gunna evolve by happy mistake, are we? This is why I think conspiracy theory is a bad title. It is not so much believing in stupid stories that anyone with a clever mind could make up, but the true philosopher will always come to realize that he's living in a lie.
You aren't taught that by anyone, though. You have to realize it on your own.... and for some people, "conspiracy theory" sparks their train of thought towards independent analysis of the stupidity around them.

Sadly, for some it just sparks another loyalty to fanatic dogna.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
the conspiracy, to me.... is that somehow us dumb monkeys got ourselves into a situation where we submit control over to people who are supposed to know what's best for us, and the simple fact is.... they don't have a clue either!!! they may be sitting a little bit higher in the tree, but they are still of the dumb monkey species! They don't have any more insight on the fate of man than we do.

National security is a joke, man. Their jobs are a joke. How can we expect stupid people to defend us stupid people against more stupid people? What's there to defend? Stupidity? In the end, it's all a ploy to consolidate power. Power is for the stupid, because you would have to be stupid as stupid does to think that having power over a bunch of stupid people is a smart thing. Stupid to the power of stupid only equals more stupid.
Give that stupid in control of stupid a bunch of guns and money... let me tell you... the stupid only multiplies.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
... the true philosopher will always come to realize that he's living in a lie

Yes, but the liar whom is lying to the philosopher is the philosopher.

That's the enlightenment.

We as creatures love to feel we are on the outside looking in, but

maybe we need to stop looking outside ourselves to realize where the true issue is.

That's the Enlightenment.

We are the Liars that Lie to Us. (you are the liar that lies to you).

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Hey was that a joke? When you first joined you pretended to be an archangel? I just thought you were crazy.

I love a little verbal presdigitation. I waggle my left hand, and when eyes are looking, distracted, the real magic is done with my right hand.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

the conspiracy, to me.... is that somehow us dumb monkeys got ourselves into a situation where we submit control over to people who are supposed to know what's best for us, and the simple fact is.... they don't have a clue.

Ah yes, but the conspiracy IS that you percieve control is submited to those that would like you to believe they know what's best for you.

I've never heard anyone elected under the campign statement "I know what's best for you." have you?

They themselves are fully aware they have no clue. You are aware they have no clue. You however percieve that control is given over, then no power is exchanged.

They are simply trying to keep the peace between a bunch of savage monkeys. They monkeys in suits say, hey all monkeys don't bite eachother or you will have to be inprisioned.

The job isn't an easy one. It makes me realize that is why most stupid monkeys that think themselves to be interlectuals sit around bitching about what is wrong instead of making a well thought out plan as to what would be right.

We, are a group, we are one people under one nation under one God. Those in "power" over us only makes laws to hopefully keep our civilation civil. They levy laws and penalties, and they try to uphold them.

I am part of this we civilation. I don't smoke weed. I love to smoke weed, but I don't. Why? Because I have a civil responcability to try to up hold the values of law set before us all. Some don't. Some in power don't follow the same laws they are elected to surve. The world is not perfect. The government is not perfect. It's just the best we got.

The lie therefore is that all these "hidden things" are going on, when the place they are going on for sure is within the mind of the perciever. The lie is within.

Maybe these things are or maybe they are not truly going on, but it is your own responcability to uphold the laws set before you. That has double meaning.

God has set laws before us all, the singular unit of mankind, these laws will not be lacked upon, so if one of your brotherhood are cutting cornders breaking the laws of God thinking they are getting away with it, don't get agravated pointing a finger unless you want to to break another one of those laws, rather feel bad, or better try to help your foolish monkey brother out of their error.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalienNational security is a joke, man. Their jobs are a joke.

That's a lie you tell yourself. That's a consparicy that you put out to blind your eyes.

National Security is no Joke. It's parranoia, maybe, but there's only one thing worst then a group of stupid monkeys that are highest up on the bannana tree, and that's the other group of stupid monkeys down below with nothing to eat but sand and nothing else to do but throw rocks.

As a world, we are all one, but it is until that time when each man wakes up and realizes it we will have suffer the stupid monkey dance.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
eeek hehe my god I had a good giggle reading that
thank you.

The stupidity of people.

That is a really interesting thing isn't it?

Sometimes I sit in wonder about how to get ahead in this life, I wonder whether prayer does any good, if not for the sake of making me feel better temporarily.

Sometimes I sit in wonder about how we as a people are going to get ahead.

The other day I was driving down the freeway and it was reasonably busy. I thought hmmm, everybody has somewhere to go and something to do and god help anything that gets in their way.

Then I thought about a motorcycle accident I saw a few months earlier on a similar stretch of road, and I thought about how people made their way around this guy, his bike, and the 2 trucks he bounced off of like it was nothing. Meanwhile this guy is laying there dying (it was a fatal accident) I wondered and still wonder how many people shed a thought for him and his family as they rushed their way to work worried about getting in on time to get their 'Grande Latte Enima'.

Some times I view the human race as a bunch of ants, stepping on the dead bodies of their peers, nay clawing at the dead bodies of their peers to get to the top.

We as 'conspiracy theorists' or entertainers of conspiracy theories are but a small minority of the larger whole. Whose to say that 'they' (if there is in fact a 'they'), haven't already planned for our small minority and haven't already plotted out the information that we discuss.

I wouldn't say that people are stupid, just that they are comfortable. The lie, or what i perceive as the lie and they see as the truth is their bread and butter now. They go to work, they pay their mortgage, they watch the 6 O'Clock news and feel bad for all those poor people that those bad things happened to, then they have their calorie rich meal and go to sleep.

Some even entertain the thought of self improvement and take up part time study or an investment property or some sort of fitness program. But these are few and far between as this is not nearly as comfortable as the daily cruise.

Life sort of reminds me of a tour bus that takes you past a bunch of different things (opportunities) it is up to you whether or not you want to get off and complete every single one of them or whether you want to close the blinds and make it to the end.

/end of exceptionally off topic rant/don't really know what that was.. just some thoughts of mine.

top topics

join