It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am the Evil one the oil companies want Dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

We don't need a fusion reactor, or anything else you've seen on Star Trek. We have micro solar technology and self charging electric motors. We're scamming over the fine details of this all and making drawing uninformed conclusions to a fairly simple technology. The electric car has been around since 1888, I don't see why creating one with out now existing "green" technologies is so hard. Somebody needs to spill the beans and let the nature of the beast takeover. I'm disgusted by the greed and/or helplessness of the human race, especially those with the power to create CHANGE.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I know that, but I also know a few things about physics. I want to see the calculus behind this self-charging electric car. If you put some energy into a generator, that energy goes into running that generator and cannot then run the car. It is a trade-off, which also cannot be 100% efficient.

I can of course imagine a generator attached directly to axels of the wheels, but that would still take energy from movement which reduces energy gone to the movement.

Solar panels of course help somewhat, but those aren't efficient enough to give enough energy to increase battery life that much.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

They have a system that utilizes friction from the brakes to recharge the power to the motor. And my idea of solar panel technology just isn't "on" the car, but maybe some sort of little recharge tower comprised of this new solar technology constantly storing energy for when you make it home to recharge. I'm a fairly simple mind, but the details and means seem to be pretty simple.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Electric car, my Aunt Fanny. There are plenty of electric cars out there, and hybrids are partially electric, using the small gasoline engine to charge the batteries. Nobody's putting a stop to electric cars except consumers, who find them woefully underpowered, slow, deadly dangerous in crashes, and worst of all, unsexy.

Charges itself while it drives? What's it got, a sail? Even the Toyota Prius uses its motor/generator to recharge the batteries as it coasts. No new technology there.

And yeah, gas is expensive, but what's my electric bill going to look like after charging my car all night?

I don't see why the oil companies would want the OP dead. Everything he's offering is already available on the open market.

Electric cars have the potential to be lot faster than gas engines. The torque on the electric engine will dust the gas counter-part. As for the electric bill, a decent set of solar panels, with a battery bank to store the incoming daily sunlight, and then charge your car with that energy courtesy of the sun. While you are at it, you could also use some extra solar panels to create hydrogen from water. That would be worth not having to pay for gas ever.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by rawsom

They have a system that utilizes friction from the brakes to recharge the power to the motor.

Allright, I can live with that. Usually energy that is reduced from movement turns into heat, and you could of course use it to recharge batteries. But what happens when I drive at constant speed for a long time? Surely one is not using brakes all the time, those aren't always on. You can't get anywhere fast if you have to press brakes all the time.

I suppose this helps a bit but I do not believe that recharging in this way is very efficient, it doesn't produce enough energy fast enough.

Several tecniques combined could do the trick, though. You'd had to use this, solar panels, miniature wind turbines working with air friction, energy from turning the wheel, energy conservation when going downhill and all other kinds of things to achieve long enough battery life. It can be done, but it is not easy and won't create a car that has no need for recharging overnight.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Finally somebody on the same page.

Why is everybody else so far behind? It's so very simple. I don't understand why people are putting these ridiculous limitations on technology they know nothing about.

"It's impossible because I say it is, though I haven't researched anything about the technologies regarding the subject."

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

Exactly. A combination of energies should do the trick. You'd have to imagine a world where electric cars were common place, that would mean an abundance of supporting markets as well. You could have constant solar power on the car, environmentally safe solar powered "filling" stations, and your braking friction, and maybe even energy from the perpetual motion crowd. It's not like you'd just have to "give up" because of one minor inconvenience. And as far as electricity is concerned, the possibilities are endless.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminis

So If John Delorean could try to play with the big boys why cannot this be sponsored by another manufacturer, or some type of cooperative imagined in the future? Has the patent for the design already been sold? I am confused. Did this idea die like the idea for sending an electric current through water perculating through titanium beads to make hot water at 1/3 less cost as traditional oil based/fossil heating methods?? Or Tesla's ideas??

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Finally somebody on the same page.

Why is everybody else so far behind? It's so very simple. I don't understand why people are putting these ridiculous limitations on technology they know nothing about.

Not at all. The reason I never respond to these threads is because I take it for granted that alternatives to oil are useful, feasible and effective for cars. This question has been solved long ago (not even taking into account that the scarcity-in-oil-propaganda is probably fake as well). I am also a fan of stuff like teslamotors etc.

We are just not responding because its self-evident. And this is for once, a real conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Well it was supposed to say think but the first automaker that has a car like that will be the only automaker in a very short time. Automakers have a lot of money too and they like to make money.

Edit to add do you really think any automaker would pass up the chance to tell CARB to do themselves. Get a grip in the last 30 years we investigated thousansd of people with great inventions. IF and I say IF we could get them passed the liability lawyers we would just steal them and deal with the details later. Thats the way that big automotive companies work. You are not living in the real world you idea only works in your head. Do you know what a CALORIE is well it's the base of all energy consumption. Start with the basics and learn your math and come back with some numbers.

mikell who has seen hundreds like you $$$$$$

[edit on 21-12-2007 by mikellmikell]

[Mod Edit: removed excessive $]

[edit on 21-12-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well give us a hand, Sky.

I was just on Telsa's sight... Those cars are beautiful, but I don't have the 100,000 grand to fork over for one of those hot little things. I'm actually kind of disappointed they're relying so much on the "plug in" recharge method. I guess if you can buy one of those cars, you can afford the electric bill and all of the environmental woes that stem from it. They should definitely come out with a solar tower system that can be installed along with your 110,000 dollar car.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

They should definitely come out with a solar tower system that can be installed along with your 110,000 dollar car.

They supply a solar rig for an extra charge iirc, or at least has one in development as of a year ago

[edit on 21-12-2007 by kyote6]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kyote6

Sweet, do you know what all that entails?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

alright. some random thoughts:

* Teslamotors is to show that you dont have to be a tree-hugger in order to have an electric car. They can also be fancy. Their red sports car is only the beginning.

* Those who oppose alternative drive systems are scared of loosing money.

* Those who preach scarcity of something (such as oil) are often preaching it for the money (if something appears to be scarce you can ask more money, money, money, money for it)

* Even GWB himself (believe it or not) stated that "In the future you should only be allowed to drive in big cities with electric cars". I forget the link to that speech, but the reason he said it is because a HIGH PERCENTAGE of fuel is wasted in the stop-and-go traffic of inner cities.

I pass the conversation to you.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

And as it starts... Tesla is definitely the forefront of this inspiring technology. I've been waiting for someone to create a controversial disturbance in the automotive industry. Get some of these major manufacturers straight SHOOK. I'm sure with success, they'll put out the version for the rest of us who have never tasted caviar.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I believe that within our lifetime it will happen. We´ll get sick of oil-based politics. Ive been toying with purchasing an electric car myself, but most of them look so ugly (as if intentionally ugly) I am not buying yet.

Just keep drumming up threads like this so that it hits as many viewers as possible.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
A bit much on the thread name right? I guess thats the key to getting a lot of hits. But seriously please give us something that we can all agree on that you are someone special. You state the evil oil industry wants you dead so you must be a major player in the ongoing supression of alternate fuel resources to the public. I mean please dont take this as an attack, I only want to understand why I should just believe you out right. Whos trying to kill you? Who wants you dead? Show us some stills or some drawings. Maybe parts of documents that you gained through the whole ordeal. This would get many on your side here and maybe some help or understanding.

also.......

The major auto makers already have viable solutions to oil so what is the hitch here? just want to believe you thats all.

Take care

edit=gained

[edit on 21-12-2007 by geemony]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer
While you are at it, you could also use some extra solar panels to create hydrogen from water. That would be worth not having to pay for gas ever.

Have you seen the prices of solar panels? It would take me more than 10 years to just pay off the investment in the panels before I actually saw any return on my investment, that's without having to recharge a car every night.

Two words:

Im Practical.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Nikola Tesla died broke...

In November and December of 1887, Nikola Tesla, a Croatian engineer, filed for seven U.S. patents in the field of polyphase AC motors and power transmission. His motor produced alternating current and his transformers stepped up and stepped down the voltage as required. Westinghouse believed in Tesla's inventions, installed, them in the Adams Station and brought electricity to Buffalo.

He tried to give us an electric car that ran on transmitted electricity...

George Westinghouse asked Nikola... "Where can I put the meter on this device?..." and that was who killed the Electric Car

waterpoweredcar.com...

Even today few outside websites like this know much about the man even though there are hundreds of patents ...

Yet everyone would be much the worse for it if we took the tesla coil out of every car and turned off that AC power

Do it for the 'good of mankind' sounds noble in talk...

But mankind pays you back by stealing your inventions and making the money YOU deserve....

You DID know that Tesla invented Radio and Marconi stole it?

And on that note... we had an ATS member post his concept for a fuel cell on Pegasus...

I have never heard from him since... anyone know where Beer Guy went to?
That is one of the disadvantages of anonymous boards... no way to check up on someone

[edit on 21-12-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well, what's money anymore?

I can tell you right now if I could have all the riches in the world, or liberate mankind from all forms of restraint, I'd choose the second. That's not just "talk" either. I would back that up with my life.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join