It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teleportation - The Vault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Is teleportation through psionics, spiritualism, yoga possible? Does anyone have any experiences with it?

I have a strange story about it actually. When I was a kid I was in the woods and got lost I ended up in a yard up my street. In order to get there you need to go through lawns. It is out of the woods and surrounded by a bank and home, not to mention. There is no way you can get there unless you cross a field too. I have no explanation and it's really strange. I'm usually skeptical of psionics but it absolutely happened as far as my memory can tell. But it seems so unbelieveable.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hello

I had a teacher in high school that once told me in private that he was playing hide-and-seek with his granddaughter. He was sitting in his favorite armchair when he said that he completely disappeared. I asked him what he meant by that and he said that he was just sitting there thinking about hiding and he became invisible.

Now I know that isn't teleportation but I would imagine that becoming invisible would be part of the technique. I have never heard of anyone actually physically going to another place by thinking it or otherwise. But I thought I would share that. BTW the teacher wasn't a kook, he was a respected teacher and a very good friend of mine. He wouldn't have any reason to lie to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Very interesting I wonder under what conditions were needed to produce the phenomenon. Anyone have any other stories or done it at will?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
When I was young, others would find me in impossible locations, without having been seen going towards those areas. I guess, as the mind developed, some abilities were lost.

And on a few occassions, when I was in the military, I had a friend who was able to teleport... the way he had described it is that, it isn't so much as moving your body from Point A to Point C, but remembering that your body was already at Point C to begin with.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Weaver

While I dont really believe in it, I have heard a few interesting stories. One was, this guy was on his way home by train and for some reason his train was 30 minutes late. He was expecting an important phone call at 6:00pm and his train being late arrived at 5:55pm. He was a few miles from home and knew he would never get there on time to answer the phone call. While he was thinking this he suddenly found himself in his hallway with the phone ringing (at 6pm), without any idea of how he got there. The strange thing is he lost 5 minutes from when he stepped of the train (at 5:55pm) thinking that he was going to miss his phone call to when he arrived in his hallway.

[edit on 21/12/2007 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I can understand that... since time is merely a construct of the human mind, by being oblivious / distracted by it or otherwise try to alter one's perception , one might be able to send themselves forward or back in time.

I am certain that there are many among us who have had similiar experiences like that in your story. I myself have traveled great distances in a matter of moments, thankful that I arrived on time, but wondering how it happened.

And, just like in the old movie Somewhere in Time (starring Christopher Reeve), one could send themselves backwards in time by sheer mental will.

Could that then be the key to teleoportation? Are timer-travel and teleportation the same? They share the same traits...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

I think he was pulling your leg. I mean how does someone become invisible to themselves.

Otherwise, probably a transient migraine, or temporal lobe epilepsy.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
There's always the character from Mystery Men, who could only turn invisible when people aren't looking...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weaver
Is teleportation through psionics, spiritualism, yoga possible? Does anyone have any experiences with it?

Teleporting requires an instrument, a device to do that. UFOs can teleport. Aliens can also teleport in their city only, using their mind. They are equipped to do that. When coming to surface, they have their device to teleport, but they won't leap the distance, just altering their state of matter. For self protection.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Light of my life

OK, care to share from which version of Altar's "UFO:Afterlight" PC game you acquired that info.

Rad!

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Light of my life

I think since true teleportation has not been readily reproduced by a human-made instrument either, it's quite ridiculous to postulate that one could only do so via one. Science is getting closer, however.
science.slashdot.org.../06/24/068227

It's equally believable that, like theSoothsayer was saying, that the mind already has the power to teleport...we do it all the time in our daydreams. If one was able to connect the mind and body in a very real way, what would stop someone from focusing their energy, blending their mental location into that of actual substance?

If teleportation is possible, it is equally possible there would be more than one way to achieve it.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by banyan]
fixed link

[edit on 22-12-2007 by banyan]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Weaver

I remember reading, fairly recently, the testimony of a man who apparently covered the distance between his and a friend's house - well away from his - literally in an instant. (No devices, not even an intention to do so.)

Alas, I don't remember where I read it...

There are a lot of stories like that around the world. I wish people would report them more often than they do.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
nice thread

from experience, i think part of teleportation has to
do with time.

long ago i got into this fight with some animal twice
my size who tried to ambush me at the stairway which
is the begins at the hallway on the second floor.
You could say that it wasn't much of a fight
because when he took a swing at me, time
crept to a crawl then..

i remember taking one step back, and in an instant
i teleported from one end of the hallway (highschool) to
the near other end of the hallway. (about 40 ft)

the weirdest part was the "wtf" expressions on the crowds
faces from where the fight started. there was also a
dead silence that lasted a few seconds.

the guy who took a swing at me didn't even come after me
it was so eerie.. everyone just walked away.

this was the closest thing that i have ever experienced with
a possible teleportation. perhaps one can conceive teleportation
as a part of time travel.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by AwakenedOne]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
When I was 10, I and a friend were wandering around a bit further from home than we should have been. At a point we came across a seemingly isolated house and got curious. As we got about 10-15 yards from the porch of what we thought was an empty house, a Doberman came out from under the porch. I don't remember a bark or warning but I am not sure if that is auditory exclusion. Anyway, we both turned to run and I focussed on a stop sign a little over a football field length away as asafe spot. At between 2 and 3 strides I was suddenly passing the stop sign. I turned to look back and the dog had made it between 1/3 and 1/2 way to my firend and I watched unable to otherwise act as the dog bit him on the hand. An older kid came out and corralled the dog, talked with my buddy for a few minutes and then my buddy came back to me. It took about 2 minutes for him to walk to me. I know he asked me something and I made some sort of reply but I don't remember the substance of this conversation. I do remember that it took us 20 minutes of power walking to get home where my mom gave my buddy a bandaid after some peroxide. I also remember that I had a strong impulse to put the transport experience behind me and forget about it. I have not yet been able to repeat that expeience. I am wondering if someone on this forum has ideas on how to replicate that. I have posted this on a number of newsgroups ranging from the occult, radionics, satanic, etc.
Note to moderator: I am willing to have my e-mail address [email protected] stored if there is someone who has a good reason to contact me.

top topics

join