It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voice Posting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Not sure where to put this, I believe this is the place...

Ok so I had a thought, I know that we have podcasts and all, but what if it were possible to post video/voice responses in threads to people's posts?

Of course I could see obvious abuse of a system like this, but I mean if it were closely regulated it could be done.

It seems a lot easier to simply say things than to type them, by doing voice/video responses to threads a member could surf the net for sources and do research while recording their response and mentioning their ideas and opinions.

Right now it's just an idea, what do you guys think? And I'm not sure if this has been brought up before...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Thats an interesting idea, i'm sure it could be feasible given ATS has the bandwith and server capabilities to do this....

But as you said there would have to be a very strict monitoring of this capability. Will it be allowed for everyone? OR will it become an item to purchase in the ATS store?

Great thought, never occured to me to think of that. Flagged.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Actually I have a doubly good idea now! I know that there are a lot of ADs on ATS, well to get rid of ADs and to be allowed to use this feature, members should pay to become like Super members or something, extra bandwith, no ads, voice posting, and a lot more goodies.

Bring some income into ATS you know and make all these things plausible. By incorporating a payment system, only a few members will have these abilities, thus making it easier to monitor voice posting.

Just a thought of course...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There's no way the admin is going to force members to pay to use certain features. I just can't see that happening.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Force?

Where is force in use? Either you pay or you don't. All attributes stay the same as we have now, the fee is just a way to better maintain control of the voice posting service so that it doesn't get abused on a large scale as it would otherwise.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's not a 'pay or you don't' thing, it's a 'pay to use this special feature' thing. If the fee is purely in place to prevent abuse, then there are other, probably much better, ways of limiting member participation.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
We have a voice, talk till your blue feature called podcasting. I've made over a hundred of the darn things. It's simple, easy and very rewarding.

Sticking a podcast into a thread would be not only disrupting, it would keep you from sharing your opinion with those who have slow connections or simply don't want to hear you. Many computers are still in family rooms or such.

You could always make a podcast and link it into a thread if you like, seems like a lot of effort though.

Still, this is just me,

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Right I thought of that, but I was just thinking that there could be a hierarchy of members with this feature, it's not needed, not necessary and it's pay-for as well. Could be that no one wants the feature, but it's there as an option.

And yes, it is a matter of you either pay for it or you don't because if you don't want it, that's ok you haven't been hindered in any way shape or form or have not been prevented from making posts or spreading your ideas.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I don't think I would want to be seen or heard to post, I like taking the time to carefully consider my meticulous and well reasoned response to questions of import.

Which is another way of saying I'm a slow typer, I'm anal about my presentation, and I don't want to have to get tidied up to express my opinion.

Besides, when I speak off the cuff, I have a bad habit of finding my foot in my mouth.

Not a pretty sight, trust me.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Who says you have to respond immediately, you're not on a timer you can still take the time to research and think out your response.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

What Mr. Wupy said... (Hi Wupy!
)

Springer...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Even though I know of an obvious way around that, I can see that this idea isn't supported.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hi, I started a similar thread awhile back.
I think message boards will evolve into video feeds but I guess judging by the response from my thread and this one we are ahead of our time - LOL

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Better than a podcast or mp3 file playing on ATS..... Get a youtube or google video account and upload your voice or video and embed the video with ATS link thing. Be sure to have an ATS splash screen on the start of the video with your copyright notice. And in your video editing you could ad an ATS logo ID into the video so if it gets ripped by content thieves it will have your logo.

Just a thought!............

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
No, that's a great thought man. Perhaps maybe we could get help from the webmasters, if they endorse members making youtube videos and linking them, maybe they can create like a generic code and splash screen everyone that's a member could use, you know for those who aren't too savy on the tech.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The only way this would work is if the members had to write their posts first as song lyrics and rock out a tune as they make their audio reply, and all members responding to the post had to do it in harmony, and all posts in every thread had to kind of go along in a musical theme to create a rock opera.

Yep, thats the only way it could work.

Conspiracy Post Superstar!

new topics

top topics

join