It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONS: What the White House Wants to Hide

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

That is an interesting take on the attacks and will check out your thread.

Regarding the Flight of the Bin Ladens, I agree that the flight out of the US after 9/11 is strange and had to be by presidential order. How did they know they were in danger? But on the other hand it also goes against the prior knowledge theory IMHO. If Bush & Co. or the Bin Laden family knew the attack was coming, they would have left the country prior to the attack. It is one of many unexplained aspects of 9/11.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Marrs

Hi Jim,

I've read the news articles about the book by Gerald Posner several times, since they were published in a variety of sources. Yet the connection to the book and the contraversy about the tape escaped me until you posted. So, thank you for that.

Not to take away from the focus of this thread, but I've been meaning to ask someone a question about it. Perhaps you can help me. Its about Mushaf Ali Mir. What are your thoughts about him and the claim that he had connections to OBL? More importantly (to me), do you know if he was related to Hamid Mir?

Thanks in advance,

makeitso

[edit on 12/22/07 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Don't forget that the bin-Laden family did have real lives here. For them it was probably like being the last Englishman in Berlin when the Blitzkrieg reigned. They probably didn't really know anything, or very little about the operation. OBL probably told Bush, "look, when this goes down, I want you to look out for my family." Nobody was about to spill the beans and start raising red flags by getting people out of the country before it hit, especially since it would be easier to get them out afterwards anyway.

(I suddenly get a flash of Airforce One taking off as the aliens blow up Washington DC in the film Independence Day. "Nice, very nice.")

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Question for Jim, or anyone else: Assuming for a moment that Zubaydah's three telephone contacts were murdered, why were they murdered and by whom? Have there been any developments in the investigation of their deaths?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If the binladins leaving were not a set up as part of the unfolding bigger picture, don't you think that they could have left in a much less conspicuous way?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Interesting piece of related news:
NY Times

9/11 Panel Study Finds That C.I.A. Withheld Tapes
By MARK MAZZETTI
Published: December 22, 2007

WASHINGTON — A review of classified documents by former members of the Sept. 11 commission shows that the panel made repeated and detailed requests to the Central Intelligence Agency in 2003 and 2004 for documents and other information about the interrogation of operatives of Al Qaeda, and were told by a top C.I.A. official that the agency had “produced or made available for review” everything that had been requested.

The review was conducted earlier this month after the disclosure that in November 2005, the C.I.A. destroyed videotapes documenting the interrogations of two Qaeda operatives.

A seven-page memorandum prepared by Philip D. Zelikow, the panel’s former executive director, concluded that “further investigation is needed” to determine whether the C.I.A.’s withholding of the tapes from the commission violated federal law.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This points out the huge problem you have with tapes. I am sure Zelikow is aware of this. You see, a tape is unable to testify "NOT under oath," as the President and Vice President did. If a tape were able to testify "NOT under oath" then the Industrial Light and Magic guys could get to work on it and it would be made available.

That is the advantage of a LIVING President and Vice President. They can testify "NOT under oath" and therefore, unlike the tapes, they do not have to be destroyed. It's very simple really.

Somebody should invent a living tape that could testify "NOT under oath". My two cents worth.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

That would depend on how the information leaked out in the first place. Was it an intentional leak, or good investigative journalism? Does anyone here have have a link to where the information actually did come from about the bin-Ladens flying around after the attacks? Perhaps there was even something on the destroyed tapes about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Howdy Behindthescenes,

You asked about the Israeli involvement in 9/11. Please see pp. 120 to 134 in my book "The Terror Conspiracy: Deception, 9/11 and the Loss of Liberty." This section addresses Israeli foreknowledge, the Art Student spy ring and the laughing Israelis arrested while filming the destruction of the WTC towers.

Jim Marrs

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Howdy Makeitso,

Sorry, but I can barely pronounce some of those Arabic names much less untangle the family ties. So I can't help you concerning the two Mirs. Buut I do know that the Pakistani ISI is a product of our CIA which trained and armed them. Pakistan is well known as our stauchest ally in the region because we have controled this country through the ISI for years. When Ms Bhutto appeared close to winning election and diminishing the power of the ISI and President Musharraf, she was taken out.

Jim Marrs

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Howdy Jackinthebox,

As to how the Abu Zubaydah leaked out, I am not certain. But my best guess is this: Gerald Posner once told me of his tight connections to the CIA. I think that while preparing his book, a CIA leak informed him of the strange case of Abu and he thought it would make for an interesting insider story for his book without realizing the full ramifications of revealing that this top al Qaeda chief was actually working for the Saudis. Of course, once it was out, he cannot back away from it. This belief is solidified in my mind because Posner reported on, but found no significance, in the fact that all three Saudi princes and Marshal Mir all died unnatural deaths within weeks of this information becoming public.

Jim Marrs

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
A picture is worth a thousand words...

its pretty standard that men are that close to each other in the middle east

a sign of affection is not a gay thing, its a bonding thing

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Howdy Antar,

I think the bin Ladens who were flown across the US during the "no fly" period were caught as much unaware of 9/11 as the rest of us. But both they and their friend in the White House quickly realized the seriousness of Osama being the accused mastermind and they being in the country susceptible to subpeona or, worse yet, media queries. So the decision was made to spirit them to Boston where they left the country as soon as the trans-Atlantic flight ban was liften.

Jim Marrs

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Thank you, Jim. I will look it up.

By the way, have you ever tried to talk to anyone from the helicopter toy company on the issue?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I notice that this whole "destroyed tapes" issue has now been swept under the rug. It has suffered the same fate as the missing emails and witheld documents by Cheney.

But hey, it is good to know that Brittney Spears has lost custody of her children and that Tony Romo is vacationing with Jessica Simpson. Pay no attention to the corruption of your own government.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Howdy indierockalien,

RE: "The Dummies Guide to Ending Apathy"

There’s an old saying that you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink. Myself and many more like me work long and hard, usually with little reward other than being called a conspiracy theorist, to bring the water of knowledge to the public. But we can’t make the public drink of it. We can’t get the public to wean themselves off the corporate-controlled mass media that only pushes the Party Line. We can’t get them to visit little-known websites or read alternative publications.

It’s an uncomfortable fact of life, my dear indierockalien, that you cannot count on some mentor/guru to provide you with wisdom nor live your life for you. We must all learn to think for ourselves and pave our own way through this three-dimensional existence.

So quit waiting for that “Dummies” book to come out and start gathering information for yourself (Google and Wikipedia are wonderful tools but even they cannot be totally trusted) and then use that God-given organic computer called your brain to figure things out. I know this is not as easy and fun as watching the NFL or ABA on TV, but in the long run it will get you a lot closer to wisdom.

Jim Marrs

P.S. to jackinthebox: You’re right on point with your comments. See, and you didn’t even have a “Dummies” book to guide you.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

All I can say, Jim, is that you're right. You're absolutely right! And it is no fun at all. You get more questions than answers. And what you learn sometimes gives you headaches because sometimes learning something new goes against and undoes some of what you know. Time then needs to pass for the information to be digested and assimilated into a new personal world view. Also, learning such material brings with it the potential to suffer mental and emotional paralysis. Just what does one do when newly discovered, factual and true information shatters the old paradigm that one subscribed to? Watching the NFL is a whole lot easier and a whole lot more fun. That's for sure.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
a sign of affection is not a gay thing, its a bonding thing

Except Shrub does it with Putin (who he calls Pooty Poot), Blair (his poodle), and anyone else who is prepared to. Like his dad touching fingers all the time with his "sworn enemy" Bill Clinton. Skull and Bones group masturbation etc. I am guessing has as much to do with being so comfortable touching other males as any SNAG tendencies these vile men may be alleged to have.

I think there is a more than even chance that secret society based bisexuality has more to do with the hand holding than the old excuse that it's normal in the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
OT: Mr. Marrs, are you going to give a response in the John Lear: Agent of CIA threads?

It seems a bit silly to chase CIA spookery all hither and yon when you have it sitting steaming right here on ATS.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Jim, I've been a conspiracy theorist My entire life. I do mean My entire life too. Well, since I was six years old. I was taught specifically to understand how government works, the policies, protocols, and procedures of the cover-ups as well as the "appearance" of fulfilling their "civic duty" for the people who elected them. I was perusing ATS this morning and happened on this thread of yours and saw that some of it aligned with what I've been talking about elsewhere.

G.I.Jane vs Rendition...Hollywood vs Reality...Training vs Torture...WATERBOARDING

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

Murdering The Free Mind With Papercuts...Astronauts, The War On Terror, Hitler...and YOU!!!

The first thread there deals with the CIA Rendition Program, which is in essence the "New Air-America" that is a branch off of the program where the CIA smuggled drugs, guns, and money, oh excuse me, were in the import/export business buring Vietnam.

The second thread there has to do with Blackwater and their brother companies over in Iraq and even here on American soil in order to bypass Posse Comitatus, after having been overseas they will have experiences how to do that within our borders.

The third thread has to do with the conditioning of the mind through the use of sublte manipulation of the people's fears and insecurities to "protect" them from the "unseen enemy."

Below are some more threads I wrote :

The Straw Adversary...a "terrorist" in our midst

A "Cingular" mind...kind of like a "Singular" mind of the New World Order

The War on Terror...Stealing The US Constitution...Privacy Is The Last Refuge Of Revolution...

The first is about utilizing "terrorist" as a "Red Scare" tactic like Senator Joseph McCarthy, Hitler, and FDR did during their times.

The second one is about mass-marketing and media and the utlization of them in order to manipulate those "sheeple" who are oblivious to it.

The third is about utilizing the War on Terror to stick the US Constitution through the paper-shredder and subjegating the people to rule of government without a say in the process.

I thought you might like to read through them and I would appreciate it if you would give Me your thoughts on them either here or even in the actual threads if you have the time.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join