posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:55 PM
Some tips for the newbies about how to make a proper cache. Types of Caches and the technical aspects of how to seal containers for underground and
deep woods storage. What types of Items should you store? Where? How? Lets start at the beginning, because even seasoned pros are cache rich with the
wrong items and containers that are unsuitable.
What do you cache?
1. Items that you either don't want to have taken from you by other folks that decide they need them more than you do and will get rid of you to
2. The basic elements that may help you to survive when no other help exists.
3. Anything you don't want to be forced to share with others even within your group, or that they may conspire to steal from you.
4. Anything that needs special care or environments to maintain its usability.
5. Any ongoing items set aside for future generations. Time capsules if you will.
Lets break this down further with specifics.
1. Salt is King! Quantities of bot iodized salt, and large quantities of curing salt. Salt will become one of the most valuable commodities.
2.Gold and Silver. Along with a cheap hanging balance and a sharp chisel. Look up pieces of eight. No one will trade full rounds. 2 bits 4 bits 6 bits
a dollar. Be prepared to cut and weight gold and silver bars,coins and rounds.
Best to have all coin stock so the origin/quality is clear.
3. Ammunition as in the other thread will be liquid gold. There may even be a time when most firearms are discarded due to lack of ammunition.
4. Certain electronics. Yes they will live through atomic blasts and EMP blasts if kept a certain way.
6. Seeds stored in rotation to keep fresh.
7. Groups of pocket knives, pipes, small mirrors, razors and tobacco twists. Hudson bay trade items are the same items that should be cached for
Next installment: Basic yet proven cache technologies