It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the whole "F.A.S.T." Interstellar project a hoax? Some evidence provided here

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Guzzeppi

yes, I have seen your satelite comparions before, but it really does not look anything like an ordinary satelite with two solar panels on each side. It seems more like a craft with a large/main back-section with the engine and a wedge shaped forward section.

Something like this:

One of the crafts also looked something like this>

[edit on 23/12/2007 by iohen] - Follow-up images, all taken from the intro to Jose Escamila's Interstellar movie and enhanced with Photoshop. ALL ARE DEFINITELY NOT HUMAN-MADE SATELITES. Atleast not any standard configuration that I would know of.

Seems kinda silly, right? Well, we'll see about that

[edit on 23/12/2007 by iohen]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by iohen

It could be that the panels were at such an angle as to not reflect sunlight. Do you have better proof of a space ship other than a scene from startrek? Until I see proof, I will stand by my assumption that these are satellites or a complete hoax.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iohen

I just saw you added more pics, so I stand corrected now. This is all Gridkeeper did, show pics and video with no coordinates or how to replicate his setup. That is what is needed to find the answer.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Guzzeppi]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rggeorge

What are you on about? Jose said it HIMSELF, he needed the plans and what not to raise the capital to continue.

It is usually better to READ the information before making big assertions or being"appalled".

Springer...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by iohen

You may want to do a little research into the many odd designs of satellites.

www.aiaa.org is a good place to start.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Hello Guzzepi,

Chandra has a periapsis* of 16.000 km compared to the ISS with 350-400 km and with such a small telescope (250-300 mm), I guess you would have some problems filming it.

chandra.harvard.edu...

periapsis : en.wikipedia.org...

Peace,
Buck

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

Thanks Europa733.

Do you know the limitations of their supposed setup? From what I read, It goes way beyond the parameters of a normal 8" scope. Without more data, how can you come to the conclusion that they could not film Chandra?

Guz

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Hello Guzzepi,

Just an exemple with a similar telescope : "This is a single frame capture from the JVC camera at x10 zoom and 1/50 second exposure with an 18mm orthoscopic on the LX200 at f6.3. It measures 36 pixels which suggests a size of 35m at 860km. " www.zen32156.zen.co.uk...

Same telescope with the ISS now : www.zen32156.zen.co.uk...

As you noticed, Chandra is +- 18 times further than the Lacross satellite picture shown in the first link and that is if it is taken at it's closest distance to the Earth. This is why I do not think that he was filming Chandra. But you still did a good job in finding something that looks like one of the "objects"

Now, if they lied and used a much bigger telescope, that is a different story, but It would have to be a very big one but I am not even sure about that !!!

Peace,

Buck

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Europa733]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

(thanx europa. is what i wanted to know, actually.)

and i dont' think you'll find a 'dragon' amongst the known satellites.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister Triangle

The reason Jose was Banned is on this thread -
Link
Scroll down until you find the post by SO near the bottom.

I'm putting this here so as people are directed here from other boards they will at least find a link to the truth.

You can't threaten people and expect to be welcome. I'd never come here if threats were allowed. Who cares if he is a celebrity of some sort.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

He threatened to punch someone out because that person was calling him Jose E-"Scam"-illa.

I don't know; some of us might be able to let something like that slide and say nothing about it, but Jose, being the proud family man and the fighter that he is, took it quite personally.

Did he overreact and do something inappropriate? Sure, but haven't we all at one time or another? Wouldn't you be pissed if your good family name was being slandered like that? While all the Mods looked the other way and did nothing about it?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

I've managed to make it through my life without ever resorting to threats of physical violence. It's called maturity. This whole ridiculous war between him and gridkeeper is well, ridiculous anyway.

As to these photo's. So much drivel. Much as the Rods are not worth attention. I do think he was a victim in these Interstellar photo's. I'd agree with that. That does not however explain passing off photo's of long exposures of insects, which most photographers have cursed from time to time, as an unknown life form. Quite odd really. Not a story I would try to sell with a straight face. Everyone is still waiting for the high speed photo's. He should have answered the request within minutes if legit.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
As to these photo's. So much drivel. Much as the Rods are not worth attention. I do think he was a victim in these Interstellar photo's. I'd agree with that. That does not however explain passing off photo's of long exposures of insects, which most photographers have cursed from time to time, as an unknown life form. Quite odd really. Not a story I would try to sell with a straight face. Everyone is still waiting for the high speed photo's. He should have answered the request within minutes if legit.

This is getting a bit off-topic, but my understanding is that he has already done the experiment that people were demanding. He has set up a high-speed camera next to a regular camera and filmed Rods, and found that they still look like Rods at the high shutter-speed. (I think there's even footage of this in UFOGSED.)

Of course, we'll never find out for sure now, now that he's BANNED....

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

You need to read the other threads involved. As I recall he was asked many times and never did post anything. Whether that means anything or not? It justifies scepticism in any case.

He has all the other Boards on the Net to post too if he wants to make his case. Also ATS does allow some people to return under these circumstances but a threat of violence is is pushing the limit I'd think.

In any event I just wanted to put the link to the other thread to give the whole story instead of an adulterated version that is bound to surface.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I am not happy about Jose being banned from ATS. I honor him for the courage he' shown by coming here in the first place. Eventhough some may think he was just using ATS as a marketing campain I do not.

It can be very dramatic for someone to be thrown in the dragons lair and interviewd as a prisoner. He didn't read the forum rules and was being harsh in one of his first posts, so what, so was I and I'm still recovering from it
. But what do the warnings mean to Jose? I mean its not about points for him I think.

Well and he held his word about not to use bad language after he got warned. Hm, I too am sayin something in U2Us that I wouldn't post here, but it's mutual and I don't tell on anyone, neither do I expect anyone to tell on me. If the words aren't hanging on a thread, it should be private, I guess?

Se he was banned exactly becouse of this. And still, if ATS would offer him a place amongst us again, I don't think he would accept anyway. I am a businessman myself and in his place, I wouldn't even bother answering some of the accusations made here by some of the members.

I know the mods have to satisfy some of the comments, but I myself wouldn't use conditions that involve time limits or any non-scence like that.

The man has a life, maybe he was a victim to this whole thing or not, who knows. This thread is about a picture he supposedly received from JLW, which has been clearly pointed out as a hoax.

Still, his legend lives on...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
You need to read the other threads involved. As I recall he was asked many times and never did post anything. Whether that means anything or not? It justifies scepticism in any case.

He did eventually start putting some stuff on Youtube and linking to it here, right around the time he got banned. There was one video of a Rod going in and out of the Sea, another one of a Rod flying much slower than usual, about the speed of a typical bird.

It's too bad we'll never get to see how much more he had for us....

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister Triangle

Paragraphs are your friend.

If anyone sounds childish here, or like a pack of wolves or whatever you said(I have a hard time reading Walls of text), it's you.

Are you his sitter, Jose is a grown man and can defend himself.

Trust me the way you came across you did your pal a dis-service.

I also believe you came to this forum thinking it was like every other forum that oohs and ahhhs over every light in the sky. Sorry. There's plenty of those out there that Jose can bring his "stuff" to and probably make some money.

Our Motto here is Deny Ignorance: We are not skeptics(well mostly, we are just in search of the truth), and we'll investigate and dig as deep as we(ATS) can until we(ATS) can prove something passes the "smell test" so to speak.

I'm greatful ATS is here, because if it wasn't Project Serpo, UFO's over Haiti, Caret (still working on that one, see we are not mosters that shoot everything down), would all be makeing money and publicity off Hoaxes.

It's a shame ATS wasn't around when Billy Meier was at work, he woulda been shut down cold. Probably saveing alot of not so wealthy people some money, that could have been better spent. *shrug*

Maybe some here were a little hard on your friend, but we are human too, and after being taken for rides on numerous occassions(i.e the above examples of hoaxes) people become a little wary to jump right on the yea, I believe that! bandwagon. See where I'm coming from.

If you wan't Jose's evidence scrutinized by experts (yes we have them too), then this is the place to be. Up and running at this point would prove only one thing....., you know.

I hope you stick around and debate your points in a more calm manner. ATS has been around a looong time and seen alot, to say they've been around the block is an understatement. So if you or Jose can convince the majority here, that be a pretty large notch under your belt.

I hope you can do it.

Good Luck, and Merry Christmas!

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Nola213]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
So if you or Jose can convince the majority here, that be a pretty large notch under your belt.

I hope you can do it.

Well I don't see how that can happen now - seeing as how it's against the T&Cs to post material from a banned member by proxy

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by stikkinikki

I did, however, just ban "Gridkeeper" for hoaxing.

That's something we DO ban people for.

It's amazing to me how ignorant one must be to come on the biggest website of this genre and risk millions of people seeing your "wares" as a hoax.

I guess they figure if they can get some free publicity and Google search prominence while they are here it's worth it. Well the problem is now when you search Google for this topic you'll see the dreaded ATS [HOAX] tag on it.

Oh well...

Springer...

Looks like Jose needs to open the checkbook!

That will never happen.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by gauncents]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The more I see on this subject, the more I lean towards a hoax.
Props to ngchunter for doing experiments for us.Although the photos (ngc's) aren't exact replicas of JLW's photos, they have enough resemblance to me to consider JLW debunked.GK was silent on the challenge proposed by Springer as well.
I'm sure GK will wander back to the other dozen sites he's a member of and peddle his wares.I find it funny that JLW can't post his own videos and needs to go through another party.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join