It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brent Spiner (Data) Interview - ATS MIX Special Edition 07

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
To Brent

1)Is Carla Gugino looking for a fella?
hehe!

2)How close did 'Threshold' get to actual standards of procedure regarding the threat of an 'alien invasion'

(That's if the researchers were on target re: deniability.)

3)How much did you NOT look forward to that make up for DATA.

cheers. T

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Pure awesomeness!

1) I would like to ask, were there any LOL moments on Star Trek that stopped filming?

2) How did Mr Spiner create the persona of Data and as an actor how difficult was it to act as a robot that could show no emotion?

Thanks ATS for giving us this opportunity!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I would like to know his thoughts and feelings relating to robotics and cybernetics, since he spent 1987-1994 + movies as such a being.

Does he have an interest in this field or, as they say, "I JUST PLAYED ON ON TV"?

If Brent does have an interest, does he feel this field will ever produce units that would be considered 'LIVING BEINGS'?

Thanks for the chance to hear one of my favorite actors on my favorite webiste!

Dorian Soran

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If you're going to ask him a ST:TNG question why not ask him what he hated the most about it? Or what he hates being asked about it the most. Give the man a chance to vent.

Or... what question do you wish people would ask you but they never do?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Was Data based on C3PO and is he a star wars fan?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Was Data based on C3PO and is he a star wars fan?

XL5

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I would have to ask, if he could go back in time, would he had signed up for the Data role. Also if he had the choice, would he be Mr.Wizard, Doc. from Back to the Future or an electronics/mechanical Eng..

I'd also have to ask why Threshold was canned and if celeb's have thier own sort of club where they look out for one another.

I'm sure "they" (including Brent) get tired of people thinking of them as fictional characters and getting called by the fictional name! You could never know who your real friends and lovers were/are.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have met him before I took his picture and got his autograph when he came to the UK. I did not speak to him there was no time to do so, but would not mind asking some questions even so.

Will ATS say the time and date of the event? I would also like a peep at how things develop along the way and ask a question.

But forget TNG questions because he is not in BTS section but I would like to know why he is here so the right questions can be asked.

I have one or two and would not mind if he anwers.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What is the one role/character you would NEVER!, no matter what inducement(s) you were to be offered, would you play? Why?

What role/character do you, or would you, find the most intimidating to play; although you'd kill for the chance? Why?

Do you think that the prevelence of ever more special-effects driven film productions might somehow spur a resurgence of interest in live theater, a sort of a "retro" backlash to the spectacle that the movies have become?

And finally; What "Conspiracies" do you give credence to?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by benign.psychosis

Especially since Patrick Stewart has done so many other things.

I agree, I would leave the data questions alone.

You could always do a james lipton type interveiw.

I didn't realize he was in the aviator. I am looking through his biography.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here is a BBC News interview with Brent Spiner that focuses primarily on Star Trek. The interviewers are, of course, Idiots -- which is quite natural for the Ministry of Truth, I've noticed. Nevertheless, it should certainly be viewed by those who haven't seen it already.

Originally posted by FredT
I think the guy is probably sick of the "data" questions.

People forget Spiner also played Lore and Dr Noonien Soong. He doesn't seem too sick of the Data questions on the interview above. He seems proud of his work on The Next Generation -- at least he said he was -- and so he rightfully should be. The work there by the good Spiner is legendary. I doubt any actor on this Earth could have played the role of Data at the exceptional level that Spiner did. I'm not just talking about the big, important scenes, either. Every little part and subtle nuance was utter brilliance. It is the mark of a great actor to make his audience almost forget that he is watching an act -- and that, for me, is exactly what the Spiner did.

pluckynoonez
Sure. A fun interview. Nerd Alert!

Here you have uttered a most horrendous blasphemy. May you become injured somehow, gross Sir.

Mr. Rabbit, I have no questions for Brent Spiner, but I would just like to say to him Thank you.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hey Dave sounds like this interview with Brent Spiner should be good.
The question I have, and Mr. Spiner may not want to answer or respond to is.

Ted Moustakis bought the poker visor worn by Data.
Now Mr. Moustakis has launched a law suite against Christie’s auction house, apparently this prop is fake.

According to the lawsuit, Spiner recognized the visor as the one that had been sold by Christie’s and told Moustakis that it wasn’t the real deal. The actual visor had been sold by the actor himself some time ago.
www.kansascity.com...

Mr. Spiner do you expect to be called as a witness for Mr. Moustakis. or do you have any comment.
I completely understand if you just say mind you own freaking business to me

My question aside, thank you Mr. Spiner for taking the time to visit and converse with us. I hope you have had the time to look around ATS.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Brent Spiner always comes across as a nice guy, would love him to answer the following question;

Given that you've played an iconic character in science fiction circles, I'd love to know which other iconic part you would love to have played had you been offered it - and which ones that you've turned down that maybe we don't know about?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ive heard that Brent Spiner is pretty adept with MUSIC!!!

He has a lovely voice!

What are his future goals/asperations in 2008, and will viewers see a reprisal of past 'infamous' roles in the up-coming next while?

Mr. Spiner...

I want to congratulate you on you past endeavors, and would like to see you in 'more prominent' roles' in the near future!

With this interview, would you say a quick hello to TheDuckster?

I know your time is limited with ATS Mix.

Very much appreciated,

Love,

~Ducky~

[edit on 4-1-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I would like to know if he prefers doing television more than Broadway shows. I would also like to know what made him try out for the part of DATA and who else tried out for the part. He does have a beautiful singing voice. what genre of music is his favorite to perform?

It would be interesting to know his thoughts on some of the things discussed here at ATS.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I am thrilled to have Brent here on ATS as a guest, I will check out his site before I make a comment or question, however sice he has decided to do this interview can you find out if he would like to become a professional member to kind of get him on the forum to stay rather than just hit and run? I love him and all the movies that he has chosen to do, what a find! And Brent if you read this, Welcome welcome welcome! Antar

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Johnny and Dave?

When are you guys going to interview Mr. Spiner? (Set Date?)

I know that you're 'accumulating' data (pardon the pun) and wanted to know 'round-abouts', as to the date you guys are going to go 'head-to-head' with the man.

??????

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think I would have to ask him that if he was abducted by alien fans of his who created an android body for him, would he turn it down?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I would like to know a few things about Brent Spiner...

1) How was the production of Superhero (Released later this year), was it a fun/comical role or was it a serious one?

2) Was acting for the Star Trek Games the same as the TV show, or were they kinda boring and monotonous?

3) Do you have an active 'online' role in forums, discussion groups? IE Are you an internet addict?

Thx

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thank you, Mr. Spiner, for agreeing to do this interview - your work helped enrich my teenage years and still does to this day. I have 2 questions for you:

1. Mankind's technological progress is speeding up towards a point called by some, The Singularity, where progress becomes infinite, and true artificial intelligence will be created. Do you think self-improving AI will treat us with respect or indifference? Also, would you be opposed to having an AI entitiy designed in your image?

2. Do you think that mankind has already been visited by aliens, and if not do you hope first contact will happen during our lifetime (or are we even ready for such an event)?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join