It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China-US in an economic war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Most Americans still have not realized this event yet. Some said that China will drop all of US currency to make the US collapse...on the contrary, they are approaching this a totally different way. They are investing their money in your companies and in the near future they will be a part of so many American companies that your privacy will be theirs to play with.

SHANGHAI (AFP) — Fresh from a five-billion-dollar investment in Morgan Stanley, China's cashed-up government is set to go shopping for more bargains as it takes advantage of the financial turmoil in the United States.
Source

I have done a little bit of research and here is what I have so far:

China is buying treasury bills, and stock ownership which means they will have a significant amount of share within US companies.
In 2005 CNOOC Ltd tried to bid $18.5 for California's firm Unocal Corp. but later withdrew because Washington politicians agreed it was a security risk.
You have not seen the end of China, they will be coming back for more when the US is down. You will see them taking over slowly but surely.

You have more people taking their money from the US stock and invest them in the Chinese stocks. With the extra money, China will take that money and invest it back into a US based company that will surely purchase items from China. Examples: Wal-Mart, Motorola, Intel, DuPont etc.

Lenovo, a Chinese computer company which took over IBM.

As of May 31, 2007, 39.6% of Lenovo is owned by public shareholders, 42.4% by Legend Holdings Limited, 7.9% by IBM and 10.1% by Texas Pacific Group, General Atlantic LLC and Newbridge Capital LLC. Because the Chinese Academy of Sciences, a Chinese government agency, owns 65% of Legend Holdings, effectively the Chinese government owns about 27.5% of Lenovo and is the largest shareholder
Source

You are getting most of your products made from China, and the profits are redirected back into your economy as an investment.

This is an economic war and it has just begun. You will see China taking over the banking industry by paying them off and then they will drop the US currency on US land and purchase everything. Unless China's bubble bursts like the Japanese did they can't be stopped.

Any Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I was just about to post my last thread about China. Getting tired of watching China. I was thinking maybe we should just let them have their way (the communists) and let see what happen. And then you popped up.

Confirming your suspicion.
Cashed-up China set to hunt down more US bargains

The US capitalists will let it happen because of this.
U.S. asset managers could be big winners from booming sovereign funds

It won't be like the Japanese because of this.
U.S. Assets Safe in China, Fed Chief Says. NOT!
China hold too many US interests, not just US bonds but US supply chains.

China WILL capitalize on US complacency!

However, China has weaknesses too.
Chinese anti-corruption website crashes from 'too many hits'

China massive corruption is growing and could bring China down.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Perfectly legal thing to do. Whats your beef? At least they're not...[insert anti-american sentiment]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 3_Libras

I'm sorry sir what nation do you hail from?
The US citizens will be in great jeopardy...their economy will be in the Chinese government pockets. You might not care but I got a lot of family in the US.

new topics

top topics

join