It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Japanese Cabinet Minister talks about UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Japan's defence minister braces for aliens
www.physorg.com...
Shigeru Ishiba became the second member of the cabinet to profess a belief in UFOs and said he was looking at how Japan's military could respond to aliens under the pacifist constitution.

"There are no grounds for us to deny that there are unidentified flying objects (UFOs) and some life-form that controls them," Ishiba told reporters, saying it was his personal view and not that of the defence ministry.

[snip]

Ishiba said he was examining different scenarios for an alien invasion.
"If they descended, saying 'People of the Earth, let's make friends,' it would not be considered an urgent, unjust attack on our country," Ishiba said. "And there is another issue of how can we convey our intentions if we don't understand what they are saying," he said. "We should consider various possibilities," he said. "There is no need at all to do this as the defence ministry, but I want to consider what to do by myself."

[snip]

UFOs have also made a surprise entry into the US presidential race, with liberal Representative Dennis Kucinich telling a televised debate with other Democratic candidates that he had witnessed one.

Seems like there is some forward momentum for disclosure in Japan? "Personally, I absolutely believe they exist," Chief Cabinet Secretary Nobutaka Machimura said on Tuesday. As noted in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
Now we have the Defense Minister planning for alien invasion scenarios. These are key Government positions.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Strange that this news is being ignored: it's much more important than the one of the japanese spokesman, imho. Besides, he talked about "life forms that control them": even if he told that he was talking about his "personal view", he's the minister of defence of the japanese government, at the end, heck!

[edit on 21/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Yeh I could've used the sensationalist article headline, but I found it a bit misleading.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Nice find.

Seems that japanese politic figures are on a UFO frenzy, lately.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Nice to see how the tide continues to slowly but steadily turn in our favour, with more and more and more and more people who cant be dismissed as "nutcases" taken the issue seriously.

Hard to believe that the pseudoskeptics still snicker and scoff.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What I find interesting is the timing. I mean, they just start getting their HD broadcast of their moon orbiter.... and all of the sudden they want to prepare for galactic war?

I don't think it is that crazy to think that perhaps they didn't like what they saw up there.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437
Nice find.

Seems that japanese politic figures are on a UFO frenzy, lately.

Nah, it`s just that this government has a habit of following one strange misplaced comment with another to top it.

The media posed a couple of questions to the defense minister, as opposed to someone else from the cabinet because he`s the head Otaku, so to speak. Highest ranking Otaku in government, anyway. No joke. That`s his reputation.

The press asked him for a bit of a follow up to last week`s comments, hoping for a good sound bite, and they got it, right down to the Godzilla reference...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There is another thread on this topic, over here. I recommend reading it, I have an excellent explaination of why this is more about terrestrial concerns and threats, not alien.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I showed that article to a guy a work (laymen about UFOs) and he just laughed, said nothing more. This is 100% the reaction of most people outside the community. Unfortunately it amounts to nothing....

Also knowing the Japanese, they are more likely to cal US (whites) extraterrestrial than the real aliens..!

[edit on 21-12-2007 by jainatorres]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

if an alien came along that was manevolent and intended me harm--there wouldnt be much i could do about it other than use the physical strength i am left with or unless i had help--the government where i live will not permitt me to carry concealed weapons or for that matter exposed weapons--this government demands that only the police are our protectors--a joke--by time they arrive its usually too late-they just come to taser you or make out a report of your demise

new topics

top topics

join