It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the new KITT of Knight Rider.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I don't know if the Ford Mustang is a good enough to be used as KITT. I was hoping for something more...um hi tech new looking car.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
I was hoping for something more...um hi tech new looking car.

Wait 'till you see it transform.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

You mean like transformers?
LOL I know what you mean, its more like that one show that shows the Dodge Viper with all its hidden gadgets and weaponry.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Oh yeah, "Viper." I remember that one.

The new KITT and other cars (Karr?) are going to transform like that Viper or even like the 80's cartoon Mask.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Are they really going to remake Knight Rider? Why can’t Hollywood just leave things alone? I remember watching a few episodes of Viper lol

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

sweet

i like Night rider and cant wait for this come out in the US or UK

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Does anyone remember Knight Rider 2000? They had like 5 cars and lived on a giant plane. There were 2 motorcycles, an SUV and 2 sports cars I think. They all talked.

It failed after 2 seasons.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Does anyone remember Knight Rider 2000? They had like 5 cars and lived on a giant plane. There were 2 motorcycles, an SUV and 2 sports cars I think. They all talked.

It failed after 2 seasons.

it was called Team Knight ride

Knight rider 2000 was a film where a woman got shot in the head (police officer) and got a part of kit put into her as Kit was taken apart and sold for scrap and so on.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
it was called Team Knight ride

Knight rider 2000 was a film where a woman got shot in the head (police officer) and got a part of kit put into her as Kit was taken apart and sold for scrap and so on.

I stand corrected. I never really watched the show unless it was 3 in the morning and the only thing on network TV. I'll have to find out about Knight Rider 2000 though. I can only imagine the suffering that woman would have to go through if Kitt's voice was in her head all day every day.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Here's a link to the Knight Rider 2000 wiki page.

Here's my favorite part....

The Knight 4000's features

The Knight 4000 has most of KITT's original features including a few new and improved systems.

* Voice Activated Controls - The Knight 4000's dashboard is less "cluttered looking" than KITT's original dash with most of the controls now being completely voice activated rather than having to push a button.

* Virtual Reality Heads-up Display - Rather than dash-mounted CRT displays, the Knight 4000 utilizes a virtual reality heads-up display (VR-HUD) that makes use of the entire windshield as video monitor.

* Microwave Stunner - Much like the new non-lethal Seattle police sidearm, the Knight 4000 is equipped with a microwave stunner that can bring down a criminal by disrupting the central nervous system and rendering them immobilized.

* Thermal Expander - The Knight 4000 is equipped with an offensive weapon which consisted of a microwave projector that caused the temperatures of targeted objects to quickly rise and either ignite or explode.

* Fax Machine - The Knight 4000 can print out faxed messages from a dash mounted printer.

* Amphibious Mode - The Knight 4000 can float and maneuver on water much like a boat. The system was actually a major improvement over KITT's original hydroplane ability which during the original series was prone to malfunctions during its experimental phase.

Wow..... A fax machine in the dashboard....

I love it when old movies think they have a handle on what the future will be like.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

i can just imagine
but then again she ends up working with them and replacing mike or what ever his name is in the show.
so she has to listen to it alot lol

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm glad I missed that series, it sounds like it would have sucked alot, and a fax machine in the dash :bnghd: I liked the old tv series so I might give this one a look see.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
KITT should be sleek, not bulbous... A black Viper would have been a better choice (despite the other show), or even a new Vette'....imho... I hope it still has the Cylon-style light going back and forth at least, and the original's voice, or one similar would be a plus....

The HUD is a no-brainer choice of course, but the interior should still have the femme fatale of the week going "Wow, what kind of car is THIS?" when they get in....

Just to change it up, they should drive into a tour bus versus a semi....a much better base on wheels....

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
that car looks just fine to me...
you guys should go on ebay and under the automotive section and see all the 'kits' to make your car look like Kit. it's like a whole subculture deal going on.

i dig night rider man....i try to watch the reruns whenever they play em...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I don't know, It would be like redoing Smokey and the Bandit, but the Bandit not having a Trans Am. I would have accepted a 2002 Trans Am Firehawk as the new KITT ... maybe a Bughatti Veyron
oh wait, I bet Ford spent lots of money for this obvious advertisement of the Cobra. At least the original there was no obvious signs of it being Pontiac or a Trans Am (emblems and such).

Oh, and I found this very scary from a previous post:

* Microwave Stunner - Much like the new non-lethal Seattle police sidearm, the Knight 4000 is equipped with a microwave stunner that can bring down a criminal by disrupting the central nervous system and rendering them immobilized.

* Thermal Expander - The Knight 4000 is equipped with an offensive weapon which consisted of a microwave projector that caused the temperatures of targeted objects to quickly rise and either ignite or explode.

It stood out more than the fax machine, that is hilarious though

top topics

join