It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Women Claim Sex Abuse At KBR (in Iraq)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

More Women Claim Sex Abuse At KBR (in Iraq)

www.cbsnews.com

A woman who claims she was raped by a fellow employee while working for a U.S. contractor in Iraq told House lawmakers Wednesday that her case is far from unique.

A Texas congressman agreed, saying several other women have come forward with reports of sexual harassment and assault while employed in Iraq for Halliburton's former subsidiary, KBR.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.opednews.com
www.khou.com

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Another sad example of how our elected administration and their corporate buddies try to keep this unlawful activity from being punished.

Just reading some of the stories of these victims gets me angry, one former KBR HR supervisor said in an affidavit:

"During my time as an HR supervisor, I was aware that a lot of sexual harassment went on - it was our major complaint. ... I am aware that Halliburton has a policy of sweeping problems under the rug."

Once again the Justice department uses excuses to keep from appearing before Congress on this issue.

This sounds like the same loophole madness that was exposed when some of the Blackwater killers got immunity a few months ago if my mind serves me, where are the laws to protect these victims?

I don't know but it appears that the administration will do anything to protect their buddies.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Nice found JackKat. Guess this proves the naysayers wrong. What gets me is that these people are making HUGE profits while allowing rape and blackballing rape victims. And the govt covers it up.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

You are right, and since I posted this article here I have looked for some news on the MSM concerning this story but I haven't seen any, I may have missed it but I would think that this would garner more press especially since the target would be the present administration and their ties to Halliburton/KBR.

Maybe they are waiting to get closer to the primaries beginning next month.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Interesting that I was reading from another link (don't remember where) that even the women in uniform were given strick orders to never leave their tents at night alone so they do not find themselves in a compromising situation.

Sad but that is the state of affairs for woman be civilian or military in iraq.

top topics

join