It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanford Tech Offers 10X Jump in Battery Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Stanford Tech Offers 10X Jump in Battery Life

www.electronista.com

A new nanotechnology development should produce a major increase in the power available from lithium-ion battery technology, according to a report from Stanford University
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The article claims this new technology in litium ion battery, which is currently being filed for a patent, could let your laptop run 20 hours on a charge

Good news especially for ATS/BTSers who spend numerous hours here on a daily basis.

One thing the article does not address is the explosion potential that have plagued the current batteries, will the increase in stored power increase the explosive potential?

I have never liked laptops because of their limited "uptime" due to the battery life but this would change everything.

I hope that they test this thoroughly to remove any risk potential and get these out to the consumers..

I just hope the 10x life isn't calculated into 10x the price when it reaches the store shelves.

www.electronista.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
WOW cool article, thanks

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I really hope these new batteries to make it to the consumer market. Being a consumer who uses a note book I would like the twenty hour charge. However doing a quick search I found dozens of threads that talked about potential new battery designs. They have not come into being. There was also a DARPA challenge for the creation of a new battery. So I do hope this new battery will come into being.

new topics

top topics

join