It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they going to make a movie about "Chronicles of Amber"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I would just like to know. I read the entire series and it was great. I would LOVE to see this made into a move. The Main character in the first 5 books is genius!

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The Amber Chronicles, both Corwin's and Merlin's, are just about my favorite fantasy series, 2nd only to Lord of The Rings.

The problem with making it into a movie is the same as with most books made into movies, you'd have to leave so much out. Part of the excellence of these books is that it's written from Corwins first person perspective, and Zalazny does such a great job with the tone of the narrative that I don't think it would be as good without Corwin actually telling the story or at least parts of it. To do it right, it would have to be many hours long or broken up into several movies, and I'd rather not see it done than to see it done badly.

Here's a fun question though: Who would you have play the part of Corwin?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
AMBER MOVIE? Yes, Yes, and ... YES!

It simply must be done. There's so much material there it could easily become a 4 movie series. Why oh why can't the Hollywood'ers see the appeal of this series? The appeal is broad from straight Sci-Fi'ers to Metaphysical to Adventure hounds. Heck there's enough suspense-filled action to make 5 movies! I would enve endure embelishments to the story line

My Dream Cast:

Corwin: George Clooney
Merlin: Ewan McGregor
Random: Tom Hanks
Dara: Mira Sorvina
Oberon/Ganelon: Alan Rickman
Brand: Sean Penn
Fiona: Angelina Joile
Bleys: Viggo Mortensen
Caine: Matt Damon
Eric: Robert Downey Jr.
Julian: Ralph Fiennes
Gerard: Ving Rhames (I know ... I know ... deal with it!)
Dierdre: Natalie Portman
Benedict: Russell Crowe
Martin: Daniel Radcliff
Luke/Rinaldo: Kevin Spacey
Dalt: Ray Liotta
Flora: Jodie Foster
Llewella: Debra Messing
Dworkin: Morgan Freeman

'nuff said!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Jumping I here to say I'd love to see this done. With the success of the lotr series, hollywood should look into more successful fantasy series.

The unicorn is a tactical player, but the sasquatch plays for positional strength.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

When I read the Amber Series, Corwin became my new hero..

Fantastic books and it would indeed be a great movie..

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Never heard of this series, who is the author?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

chronicles of amber

roger zelazny

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I'd love to see a movie of these, but I haven't heard a thing. I really enjoy fantasy, and there aren't enough fantasy movies out there. I haven't actually read these books, but I'm slowly acquiring the series, and when I have them all, I'll read them.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

I read the series twice..

One of the best I have ever read and I think you will truly enjoy them

I would love to see a movie based on this series, great potential...

Wonder who we need to write too?

Semper

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

The SciFi Channel (now SyFy, of course) bought the film rights to The Chronicles of Amber many years ago. SyFy got caught up in delivering other fare and never made a move toward production, even though Amber was supposed to be on a shortlist of projects in the works. It would have been a 4-hour mini-series.

Movies might do the story more justice -- say, Clive Owen as Corwin? -- but due to its length it may be better suited to television. It would not be difficult to add embellishments, as was suggested earlier on this thread; Zelazny left a very big and thoughtfully constructed multiverse for writers to play around in, along with plenty of interesting characters. It would make an excellent and highly entertaining series, and would rival the "Game of Thrones" series authored by Zelazny's one-time friend George R. R. Martin.

Unfortunately, due to Zelazny's untimely death his works are fading from bookshelves and he cannot act as his own advocate. Neil Gaiman and Steven Brust both expressed interest in adding stories of their own set in the world of Amber, Shadow and Chaos. Since Zelazny, however, specifically discouraged this, the activity of other living authors who would be interested in advancing the Amber epic becomes less likely.

All an awful and even tragic shame, if you ask me. Much of modern scifi and fantasy rests on work, like Amber, created by Zelazny, who was considered one of the top -- if not THE top -- writers working in science fiction in his time. Could it still happen? I like to think so. Will it? With each year that passes, hope for this gets a little dimmer. By the way, the faux-movie in "Argo," which provides the pretext for the rescue operation in Tehran, is based on Zelazny's well-loved and respected 'Lord of Light.' Perhaps that's a sign that not all hope is lost?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Just twice?

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

I read the series twice..

One of the best I have ever read and I think you will truly enjoy them

I would love to see a movie based on this series, great potential...

Wonder who we need to write too?

Semper

top topics

join