It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my little bro's best friend(14 yrs) has hodgkins lymphoma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
wtf you know?

this kid is 14. my little brothers best friend. really nice kid. don't get in trouble, likes sports...typical 14 year old except he is a good kid.

so his lymph glands were swollen in his groin. he ended up having some sort of surgery and they biopsied the glands and sure enough, hodgkins lymphoma.

he does not know yet as his mom wants to wait till after xmas to tell him..(how the hell do you tell your 14 year old that anyway)...

i just can't believe it....

just like that...go to the doc and turns out you got serious problems...

from what i read on the wiki, if you had to 'pick a cancer' to have, this is one you'd want.....with chemo and rads it has a 93% success rate....at least that is semi good news.

poor kids life just got flipped upside down and inside out and he don't even know it yet.....

sometimes life blows...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Man life can be so cruel somethimes man. My prayers go out to your brothers friend and his family.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm sorry, man, that is SO rough. Being young might give him an advantage though, in getting through it.

My mom had non-Hodgkins. It came back twice, she ended up having a bone marrow transplant and radiation, and chemo, and she's been clean for nearly 10 years now.

I won't pray for the kid, but I'll hope for the best for him.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
it's a bummer man.....
as if life is not already hard enough, 'life' has to toss a nice curveball to the kid in the way of friggin cancer.....

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The small bit of good news here is tht it's treatable and no longer the "automatic death sentence" that it was when I was a child:
www.mayoclinic.com...

He will be going through chemo, and needs good information and support on how to deal with that.

If your brother needs info to pass along to him or his parents (in easy to read English) about studies or treatments or whatever, please U2U me and I'll do what I can to help.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

That's becoming more and more the case, thank god...

Boondock,
My hopes and prayers to your little brothers freind. No one, least of all a little kid, should go through that...

[edit on 20-12-2007 by seagull]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Boon,

Yeah, life can throw a curve.

Thing is, deal with it early.

I went for a pulled muscle,
wound up with a bone disease
and both hips replaced.

When I got dx'ed, I allowed 24
hours of grief. Then called the
doc and asked when.