It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Navy’s vice-admiral Nikolai Maksimov confirmed that Northern fleet will run operation in c

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Russian Northern fleet headed by Kuznetsov aircraft carrier will run operation in Central, West Atlantic, and with separate plans that include South Atlantic.

It was announced that the primary goals of these exercises is to “fly the flag”, polish military readiness of the fleet, and also control of the situation in key regions of the ocean.

The fleet went to see on the 5th of December of this year with planed patrol duration of 71 days.

www.lenta.ru...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iskander

LMAO, fly the flag my a##!!

By doing this there sending a very clear message to the world, the Russian navy is once again a true blue water force, able to project power outside home waters.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tonka

LMAO, fly the flag my a##!!

For Russians “flying the flag” means that they finally got all of their nuts and bolts together.

By doing this there sending a very clear message to the world, the Russian navy is once again a true blue water force, able to project power outside home waters.

This is in Russian so I’ll do my best to translate correctly;

"Впервые после длительного перерыва планируются серьезные мероприятия по использованию сил СФ как в Центральной и Западной Атлантике, так и, может быть, по отдельным задачам - и в Южной Атлантике", - сообщил командующий.

“After prolonged intermission serious plans are in the works to use naval forces in Central and Western Atlantic, also, for separate missions in South Atlantic.”

По словам Максимова, флот возвращается в традиционные районы национальных интересов России. Целью таких походов является "демонстрация флага", боевая подготовка экипажей, а также контроль за ситуацией в ключевых районах океана.

“By Maksimovs word, navy is returning into traditional Russian areas of national interests. The goal of such expeditions is “demonstration of the flag”, military drills for the crews, and also a control over situation in key regions of the ocean”.

That’s the best I can do translation wise, but the message is loud and clear. Russians are back and they mean it

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I wouldent be so quick in misprizing the russians like some of you do. They virtually gave you the shape and alot of the technology for your subs. The Russians are something you allways can count on ^^.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
[edit on 26-12-2007 by Vargas]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vargas
I wouldent be so quick in misprizing the russians like some of you do. They virtually gave you the shape and alot of the technology for your subs. The Russians are something you allways can count on ^^.

Well d***. I guess the USS Albacore was just a clever deception plan, and we got that whole 'bodies of revolution' hull-form from the Russians, who more than likely derived it from their extensive World War II submarine experience. You learn something new every day.

Sarcasm aside, and realizing that I can't speak for anyone but myself, I take the Russians *very* seriously. They have some top-drawer engineers, and they've done some *really* innovative things. I just don't assume that "Russian" and "better than everything else" are synonyms.

As for the Russians being something you can always count on....you should talk to a T-72 crewman, or a crew chief for one of the Cold War era MiGs. Yegad. A better quote would probably be "Quantity has a quality all its own."

top topics

join