It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tokoloshi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis
Have you red the wikki info...lolol. It looks it is a kind of "Super lover"...womans lure it putting food and so...lolol

I wonder why it kills them...Maybe he is too sencitive to the "i have a headhache tonight honey" excuse!!

[edit on 14/1/08 by Umbra Sideralis]

Is it some sort of distant relative, mythology wise, of the one-eyed black bat moth man rapist of Zanzibar?

The Skeptic-Raping Demon of Zanzibar (Popobawa)

Popo Bawa

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have a friend from South Africa and he told me about these creatures, he said his parents used to use the stories to scare him into being good. I find folklore like this quite interesting, but a lot of the time the stories are just... stories. I suppose it's not my place to say anything, though; as I know nothing about the subject.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am also from SA, so I know exactly what you are talking about. I guess every part of the world has their own 'little people' legends, but I dont know anywhere else in the world where people are so terrified of them as they are here.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by malica

Tokoloshi can possible be an animal family of a monkey but well trained
not to leave evidence of it's existance.Reason is that there is no any other
animal that fits to it's discription on this planet earth.So i believe that
somebody saw a monkey family animal and was so shocked that he or
she started telling about a Tokoloshi.On our earthly nature the is nothing
like that.
SEKURU CHIMURENGA

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I live in SA and although I haven't seen it myself, I know two people that claim they have...

One was a black girl I went to school with (Zinchle) she said that you are not supposed to say the word Tokoloshe repeatedly out loud otherwise he comes to see you in the night. Anyway her & her sister, obviously non believers at the time were defiantly chanting his name and that night she awoke to strangled noises coming from her sister. She looked over and apparently the tokoloshe had his hands on her sisters throat trying to kill her. She screamed and her parents came running and switched on the light...apart from marks on her sisters neck their was no sign of the bastard. Naturally, I asked her for a description of the creature and she said that it was a half a meter tall, very old black man, with red eyes and a long beard.

The other witness was my Italian friend's mom - although she didn't call it the tokoloshe (she had no idea what it was), she described the exact same entity, but it did not hurt her - it was just a sighting in her home.

I never understood the bed on bricks thing myself - I would think a large knife under the pillow might be wiser.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join