It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No response to alert about possible content stealing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I posted an alert about content that appears to have been stolen from another forum, and which appears here on ATS. I sent a second alert when no response was observed. Now, 24 hours or so later, the content is still on ATS, and other than the automated replies you get when you post an alert, I haven't heard anything, and the content is still on here. Given the recent threads about ATS member's content being stolen, and the rapid reaction from ATS, I must say I'm somewhat saddened by the absence of action when it is us that may be in breach. I'm hoping this has been a mere oversight by the staff. I figure posting a thread such as this is the best way of getting at least some sort of reaction. I'd hate to see ATS being quick to jump on someone else, but slow to move when it is our own backyard that needs tending.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I have found the alert button doesn't work all that well. Just send a U2U to a mod directly.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The thread has been trashed as it was nothing but a joke.

The OP DID contain links and external quote boxes directing back to the originators.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Actually, he contained links to the original news article. As I pointed out in my alert, the commentary from the OP was direct cut and pastes from multiple member comments at another forum, with no attribution, hence my alert. Glad it finally got fixed up...

new topics

top topics

join