It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just wondering what everyone thinks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
God, aliens, ultimate beings, ultimate creator, evolution, big bang ect. ect.

There are so many different theories as to how we all came to be, how the universe came to be and well basically how everything all started.

Now, I'm sure this comes up alot, and until anyone knows for sure, will continue to, but if (and i do beleive in god as well as Ets) but if there is an all mighty being, ultimate creator ect...how and when would he/she/it have become to be?

Let's look at it this way, let's say their is (a) god/ultimate creator of the universe, how in the (world) would he have come to be born/created/materialized.

Also when would it have been and what would it have been like?

the universe (now) is vast and is always expanding, there has been (proven?) to be huge voids ect. so would that mean if there was an ultimate being would they have been just...sitting? in a huge void of blackness?

I mean let's look at it like this, lets say the universe is 10 years old, its year 10, does that mean the ultimate creator did not come around until year 0? And if their is a year 0 then that means the ultimate creator would have had to been created at year 0? So then what created the ultimate creator?

If the big bang theory is real does this eliminate the theory of an ultimate creator or does it mean at the time of the big bang, the ultimate creator was also created...hm

so in essence im just wondering what you guys think, if their is a god/ultimate creator ect. how and when did they come to be and how would they have known they were the ultimate creator or were they (born?) with all the knowledge of how to create.

if year 0=creation of the creator year 10=now what was there before year 0? nothing? hm..

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This questions been posed many times on ATS. Obviously none of the threads provided much closure to the question.

My way of thinking is this:
In the past we thought the earth was flat.
Then we thought it was the center of the universe.
Now we know the earth is round and we are not at the center by any means.
What major discovery will be next?

The approach we take on looking at the beginning of a creator may be totally wrong, and can only be looked at from the right angle once we've discovered something else first.

Because the way we look at it now, something is definately missing. I don't think we're looking at it from the right perspective.
It seems theres a huge factor we haven't taken into consideration.
If it's something we can't comprehend, or something we just haven't thought of yet I dont know, but the approach people use to imagine creating the creator just isn't working.

So I usually just leave those topics alone. If I really wanted to contribute to answering this question I'd have become a quantum physician or something.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
All those things have already been answered with athority

It's called the "Urantia Book".

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
It seems theres a huge factor we haven't taken into consideration.

Pure random?

I havent got any answer. What I would go into theorizing, what really was before big bang? I dont see why it has to be a void. Judging from the little I know of explosives, such a... big bang... would wipe out everything in its path. Could it be that there was a universe before big bang?

If the universe is cyclic (big bang->expand->collapse->big bang), how would we define a creature that survive the cycle, if not by God?

[edit on 24-12-2007 by merka]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

One way of thinking, that appeals to me, is that there may actually be a living race of extra terrestial that know everything there is to know about physics. If such a race also possesses the ability to use their knowledge in pretty much any way they want, it would mean that they are omnipotent in the sense that there is nothing greater that can be done but the things that they can do.

Is this the case in reality? I don't know, and I suppose it won't be answered in my lifetime. I would love to get a definite, deduced and proven opinion about this. Phase of our development propably has to be way higher to answer that, and we do not even know how many phases there are left. By a phase I mean some revolutionary tecnology that changes the entire world.

If we have had, say, 10 phases in development and 20 to go, and cannot even imagine concepts belonging to the 14th, we cannot possibly have good understanding about how a Creator should be thought about.

One of the phases is definitely biology (human anatomy in particular) but we will see if nano technology comes first.

Both technologies already exist of course, but by a real revolution I mean ending of aging, for example. Although we could very well think that medicine was the first one belonging into that category.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It woudln't surprise me at all to know this universe is the creation of super aliens. : )

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rawsom
reply to post by T0by

One way of thinking, that appeals to me, is that there may actually be a understanding about how a Creator should be thought about.

~snip~.

I like this explanation myself

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
There's something else that is, in my opinion, meanigful for human beings. If there's a timescale of a billion years, or one million, it is then meanigless for humans to think about it. There's absolutely nothing else but knowledge gained from understanding events with such timescale..

This leads to a conclusion that time itself is meaningles in timescales greater than what our understanding can grasp itself onto. Although we do have to think about future of our species, we tend to ignore everything not applicaple to daily utilities anyway. As long as our species survives, there's no point to think somehow else.

However, I for one love reading about astronomy, physics and stuff like that. I don't want to get rid of it, I just don't. But it is meaningless.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
this is more of a theological question, doesn't really belong in the "Aliens & UFO's" section at all IMHO can we move this?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
All those things have already been answered with athority

It's called the "Urantia Book".

Yes, and answered with authority by the Bible, Torah, Koran, Guru Granth Sahib, Dianetics, Book of the SubGenius, the myths of various aboriginial peoples across the globe, and so forth...

Point is, a lot of people have claimed to have "the truth" backed "with authority." Take your pick...but don't take their word for it.

new topics

top topics

join