It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Women

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatkhat
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

only in the wallet and guess where else

That is just the sort of comment a "pig," would make.

Thanks for proving that being a "pig," is not limited to just the femanine gender!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

now the male wannabes I just find funny, its the golddiggers that I shy away from.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I can't speak for all women but I can speak for myself and why I want to be independant, especially financially. Up until last april, I was essentially a housewife for the last four years. I cooked, clean and took care of the children while my fiance brought home the money. We decided to do that because we didn't want someone else to raise the children nor did we want to give half our income to someone to raise our children.

Now my fiance is a wonderful man, however every time we got in a disagreement he would bring up the fact that he was the one making all the money therefore he felt that he had the final say on everything that went on in our household.

My grandmother went through the same bull. She was a housewife for decades then in her late 40's she got real tired of the same bull from my grandfather trying to control her because he made all the money. So she got her own job and money and was happy after that.

Nowdays from what I am observing, there are a lot of men out there who want the woman to both bring in money AND play Suzy home maker. Also when I was a home maker I got a lot of slack from strangers and friends alike, people calling me lazy and telling me that I should feel ashamed of myself for not working even though it was mainly my fiances decision that I stay home. I just feel like society doesn't accept the idea of the housewife anymore.

A relationship should be equal with decisions being made together. No one has the right to control another person or have the final say. Women should be equal to men. That doesn't mean she has to grease up and become a mechanic or a construction woker (although if thats really what she wants then she should) but a woman should have equal say in what goes on in her life as any man does.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

For the most part men really dont know what they want, I persoanlly could careless what my ex-wife did. When she got fired if she wanted to stay home it was fine with me. When it came to the money thing I never really felt like it was just my money anyway but then unless she was buying something really big she didnt need to tell me what she was buying. But on the otherside of that I did expect that when she wasnt working that at the very least dinner was ready shortly after I got home from work and that she had the house looking presentable. But my whole veiw on that was that if you want to stay home that is fine but you are not going to claim an equal share of the finances without doing something to better the household.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

Well I wasn't a housewife quite like my grandmother was. I cooked and cleaned but I never was an expert on cleaning, but I did my best. My grandmother cleaned the house from top to bottom every single day. Every day was Spring cleaning time for her, and she even did that when she was working.

I just think any bread winner under money stress will complain that his homemaker wife isn't bringing in any money. That's just a natural stress response for a lot of people.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
reply to post by Jovi1

I just think any bread winner under money stress will complain that his homemaker wife isn't bringing in any money. That's just a natural stress response for a lot of people.

I would have to agree with that. I will never forget the day she got fired, she was all a crying mess thinking i was gonna leave her over it. Money really has never mattered to me much it has always been there whenever I needed it so when it happened it was just time to tighten our belts and deal with it. It really did help that she was like the coupon cutting queen though, it was not uncommon for her to go to the store and buy grocieries and get 40% off the grocery bill.

[edit on 1/7/2008 by Jovi1]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

lol you must be a woman! i'm just kidding, geez!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

hmm ok now...did your husband have any decision in matters of sex?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by phatkhat

Exactly what do you mean? Like when and how sex was to be performed? Of course.

If you mean something else, then please be more specific.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

lol..you one of the few that do so. most women completely control that area, and the law is on their side as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

it isnt really that hard to get sex out of your mate, usually it only requires you to be a few things helpful around the house i.e., putting the toilet seat down putting your clothes in the hamper and not being selfish in your pleasing factor you do those and you should be golden.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

lol just as i thought. she lays downs down the guidelines. and she always has the law to back her up for about anything. so this is probably among the worst conspiracies around. i think they deliberately set it up that way on purpose in such a way as to make trouble.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Didn't think that I had to specify that we continued to be together after college. It seems that you a have the "jumping to conclusions" symdrome.

Are you little Miss Know It All?

And we split up as very good friends. We talked everyday for a long time until she got engaged. She told me we couldn't talk any more cause it wouldn't be fair to her fiance.

So please, stop putting that big foot in your mouth.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1
Pretty much what I gather from the OP is we are looking at a former athelete who is having a hard time dealing with the fact his social status has changed and has now made him the equivelent of Al Bundy.

Hardly Al Bundy.

My social status didn't really change that much. I've always been down to earth so I never bought into all the nonsense that was college football life even though I participated in it thoroughly.

I still work out religiously 5 to 6 days a week(unless I'm on a 2 month drinking binge :w: ). I've turned down advances from women and won't even approach a chick if it seems that she is interested. There is no point. Unless I think I can get her in the sack in a couple of hours, I don't talk to them at all.

Funny how all that doesn't matter once you graduate. If you don't like American women then leave, I have dated and had relationships with several foriegn born women and to be honest it sucks.
:

What is this? America, love it or leave it crap. WTF. I'd rather have a foreign woman at the moment because of the language barrier. The less I have to talk, the better. Most American women like to talk about trivial things, things that have no substance and I could care less about. They like to talk about the most mundane crap that when I listen to them, I almost want to puke. And then these chicks think you're weird because you don't want to talk about or even know who won the last American Idol.

Now foreign women with a think accent and struggles with the American language are perfect because they don't have the time to talk about BS that no one gives a s@*t about. They're just hoping that you understand what's coming out of their mouth.

And it really isn't that hard to find feminine women in the slightest you just have to put a little effort into it.

And putting in a little effort over and over again, is exactly what I'm trying to avoid right now.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Conundrum04]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I wouldn't call it layign down the guidelines for the most part it is what you should be doing anyway. Not to mention the fact if you want to be appreciated you have to do some appreciating.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I've been on the ATS too long to get banned for telling OP what I really think! But what I will say,,, No pig would want to get near you.... Because you Sir STINK!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conundrum04

Didn't think that I had to specify that we continued to be together after college. It seems that you a have the "jumping to conclusions" symdrome.

Are you little Miss Know It All?

And we split up as very good friends. We talked everyday for a long time until she got engaged. She told me we couldn't talk any more cause it wouldn't be fair to her fiance.

So please, stop putting that big foot in your mouth.

With your attitude it's easy to jump to conclusions. So, you do need to specify.

Yes I am a little Miss Know It All. Thanks!

Did the thought ever enter your mind that she was afraid to stop talking to you until she had another man backing her up? I know I would be!

As far as the foot in mouth goes, that honor belongs to you!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
I've been on the ATS too long to get banned for telling OP what I really think! But what I will say,,, No pig would want to get near you.... Because you Sir STINK!

Well, my goodness, what took you so long! I really have to thank you for typing out, exaclty what I was thinking!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

'I wouldn't call it layign down the guidelines for the most part it is what you should be doing anyway.'

ok, as in you both discussed at length and made a list of certain things to do or not to do and when to do them?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Yes I am a little Miss Know It All. Thanks!

Your response is a direct reason why divorce rates are so high in this country. I would never be with a woman that lacks humility and never admits to being wrong. Your type of attitude is a cancer to this country.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by Conundrum04]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join