It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenger of Russian President Putin Missing!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ivan Rybkin, challenger of President Putin is currently no where to be found and the Russian Police have begun a formal search for the 57 year old.

Ivan Rybkin, a strong critic of Putin, is one of a finalised list of candidates for a March 14 election which Putin is widely expected to win easily, securing a second term in the Kremlin.

Rybkin's wife officially reported him missing on Sunday and police called on FSB state security to help in the search.

Reuters

"His wife has made a report," a police spokesman said. "He left home at around 7 p.m. on Thursday and since then he has not been seen."

Whose work is this of? The infamous Russian Mafia or Putin's supporters or other President runner's supporters? Comments?

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Either:

A.Putin who needs to get Russia back into shape and to make Russians proud of thier country again and get Russia away from corruption,the mafia,etc.
b.The mafia
C.Putin's supporters.

And to be honest....I think it's Putin....and I think he's doing the right thing by Russia too.

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Either:
A.Putin who needs to get Russia back into shape and to make Russians proud of thier country again and get Russia away from corruption,the mafia,etc.
b.The mafia
C.Putin's supporters.
And to be honest....I think it's Putin....and I think he's doing the right thing by Russia too.

I doubt it is Putin, as it says in the article, Putin has a major lead. By doing this, this will hurt his reputation if they find out that he did it.

[Edited on 2/8/2004 by surfup]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Either:
b.The mafia
C.Putin's supporters.

I doubt it is Putin, as it says in the article, Putin has a major lead. By doing this, this will hurt his reputation if they find out that he did it.

Putin is Ex-KGB....i highly doubt they will find out it is him.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Putin is Ex-KGB....i highly doubt they will find out it is him.

Are you serious? Ex-KGB is president!!

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
yeah putin is well known as being ex-kgb... and i agree he's the best thing that has happened to russia since the balsheviks (spelling?)

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
yeah putin is well known as being ex-kgb... and i agree he's the best thing that has happened to russia since the balsheviks (spelling?)

I am don't really know about Putin, could someone educate me on his good-deeds, if any?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

It does seem that Putin is congealing his power base whilst maintaning his relationship with the west (Geo. Bush) by using the LAW to confound and negate his competitors.....
a benevolent form of the Soviet years may be in store.

Excuses for military excursions being discouraged by the US are wearing thin with Putin coming up for power and Chechen terrorists pounding subways.............

new topics

top topics

join