It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sissification of America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
QuestForSafety

You are a prime example of what I am talking about spouting nonsense because thats the PC thing to say. In another post you said you were 17 and it shows.

SOME women can beat SOME men but my money will be on the man almost EVERY time it does not matter what people THINK 99% of the women in the world are not as strong a 99% of the men this is just nature. Thats why the are smarter to make up for it

I train in martial arts and we have some women in class that are pretty good but we do not allow them to fight with the men for a reason most women are smaller and weaker than most men. And all the kicking and screaming by the PC crowd will not change it, but do you know what will? A gun makes her the equal to bruce #ing lee.

You need to leave the computer and go out into the real world every now and then.

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

only cruel, sick, SAVAGES would want to kill a person for trespassing

I guess that would be me

I bet they dont try it again

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You know, your arrogant, and it shows.

You immediately began to look upon me as a fool, as soon as you learned of my age, typical, considering how discriminatory you are to women as well. 99%? That is going too far I know it. What about the method I said, a safe room calling the police? This ensures no confrontation or duel with weaponry. No, you would rather have people blowing eachother apart. You discriminate against women, just as you do against those younger than you.

Children are not always foolish, you should not look at them as if they are, just because they think differently than you do at times. Women are not always weak, you should not think most are, just because in some of your experience (A trained martial artists) you happen to find they are not as strong. I would say most men are stronger, yes perhaps, but not 99%, this is ridiculous and an obscene inflation of what the matter would truly reflect, were statistics available.

I hate to argue with people, for it is not true debating, but you should not attack people due to your stereotypical beliefs.

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
A gun makes her the equal to bruce #ung lee.

Classic.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What ever kid the disscussion is not about the strenth of women its about them turning our younger members into people who are afraid to defend themselves and only able to spout PC nonsense willl cowering in there safe room waiting for the big strong police man to come save them and there family. I hope they leave with him at least then they will be with someone man enough to protect them.

Know anybody like that

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Oh how dare you twist my words so, to serve your own male dominating purposes. I was sure to include, one of the police to arrive could be a woman, as they also serve as police, since they are equally qualified.

The reason women were brought up was because you were sure to make it clear that this issue was a matter of concern, since it was the possible weakening of boys, not girls, after all, to you, boys should be doing the majority of defending, since according to you once more, 99% of boys are stronger.

I almost feel as if you should have been born in the times when people were all savages living in caves, killing eachother at random for minor offences such as trespassing.

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The reason women were brought up was because you were sure to make it clear that this issue was a matter of concern, since it was the possible weakening of boys, not girls, after all, to you, boys should be doing the majority of defending, since according to you once more, 99% of boys are stronger.

So when some breaks into your house are you gonna turn to your wife and say hold them off while I get the kids to the safe room

I may be a caveman but I will fight to the death to protect my family and will not expect my wife to do any thing but get the kids to safety.

You know you would be funny if you were not serious

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
first of all i want to know when there has actually been somebody in your house? sure it happens but i dont think youve ever had the pleasure of having someone break into your house. i havent. and if somebody did or you came home and they were there what would you do? would you have time to run to your gun? would you really kill somebody, you can blame it on them and say "they where in my house..." but that dosent make it any better. not saying you shouldnt defend yourself but how far would you actually take "defending" yourself? i would just like to know because why cry over something you know nothing of. whatever happens happens. deal with the consequences.
when i first read this post i was agreeing with you 100%. but have since changed my view. its true to a point. men you could say are being taught to be calmer, but thats not a bad thing is it? i mean i know i dont want to see a bunch of grown men running around fighting over something and getting thrown in jail for the night for no reason. i can agree with you there is a "sissification" going on. when shows like queer eye for the straight guy (nothing against the show or gay people) are plastered everywhere i turn. if anybody has been getting more power its women and thats a good thing. so the roles i wouldnt say switching but they are starting to even out.
the kids fighting in school, kids will be kids. but have you been to public school? if so you would know that fights dont end anything anymore, they make things worse. and when things like this happen actions like being suspended or expelled have to be taken because there is the safety of the rest of the school to think about. i think columbine was a good example of that.

and the "ghetto" comment made about rappers being alowed to be aggresive is a very big sterotype. i know for a fact that if i went up to any punk or death metal kid and punched them in the face they wouldnt stand there and do nothing. they would beat the crap out of me.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

and the "ghetto" comment made about rappers being alowed to be aggresive is a very big sterotype.

I wasnt the one to make the comment Rant was.

I have defended my family with a gun once but it was not in my home and I did not have to kill the person but would have if I needed too and know a woman who DID kill an intruder.

And I did go to public school and back then fighting was a part of everyday life it was just not taken seriousily. No one went nuts over a black eye.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

i mean i know i dont want to see a bunch of grown men running around fighting over something and getting thrown in jail for the night for no reason.

I am getting kinda old so please remind me where I said I was for this?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I'm not so sure it is a deliberate plot to emasculate the US's young men - I think rather that it is politicians who in an attempt to make a name for themselves and gain notoriety, come up with "wouldn't it be nice if..." type laws that are pretty much the ruin of the nation.

THIS was the point of the thread is it deliberate or just a another byproduct of our leaders selling out our future for a few votes now

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
sorry, my post wasnt aimed at you amuk and neither was the ghetto comment. just my thoughts on this topic. like i said i agree halfway with you.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

and the "ghetto" comment made about rappers being alowed to be aggresive is a very big sterotype.

And I did go to public school and back then fighting was a part of everyday life it was just not taken seriousily. No one went nuts over a black eye.

but thats my point it wasnt taken seriously back when you were young. its different know. something has to be done. because a black eye now dosent stop at a black eye. so i do think its necissary to try and calm people down a little bit. standing up for yourself is one thing, coming to school the next day and cutting a kids throat are 2 diff things.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestForSafety
Oh how dare you twist my words so, to serve your own male dominating purposes. I was sure to include, one of the police to arrive could be a woman, as they also serve as police, since they are equally qualified.

The only reason the are women cops is because of one invention. The gun. Without it, no woman would be a cop.

Oh, and Amuk, you're not the only one that would blow away an intruder.

Can you say 12-guage buck shot, punk?

[Edited on 2-8-2004 by mouko_ryuu]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I almost feel as if you should have been born in the times when people were all savages living in caves, killing eachother at random for minor offences such as trespassing.

wtf, caveman for defending your home and protecting your family. that is exactly what is wrong with this country. Yea go ahead take whatever you like i didnt work for my possesions just take it crack head and if you hurt your back while getting it out of my house feel free to sue me, f that they can take you stuff but not mine someone breaks into my house while im there I AM NOT gonna run to my "safe" room Im going to the gun closet! Before bleeding hearts can take them away from me so the only people to have guns are the police and the criminals. Heres a tip dont want to get shot dont break into someones house!!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
"Before bleeding hearts can take them away from me so the only people to have guns are the police and the criminals" ~ tweeker

Damn straight, seems like everyday the libs are shedding the 2nd amendment

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite

You can still use reasonable force to defend your things right? I know you can't shoot to kill but who would want to unless you're sick in the head? I mean, you shoot out the guys legs or his arms or something and call the cops. Makes sense to me and I'm pretty sure that right will never be taken away.

The legs ? The arms ? I don't know how it is NZ, but here in Belgium, all the cops will tell you to shot in the head or the heart. Otherwise, if the guy is just wounded, he will sue you,then you'll go in jail and you'll have to give him tons of bucks.

In my country we have 3 choices :

1) you call the police ( But they won't come. And if they come, it will be ALLWAYS to late. ( you're dead, or raped, or robbed...etc...)

2) you shot the guy and if he's just wounded, you know you won a trip to #land.

3) you shot him and you're lucky enough to kill him. And if he didn't have a gun, be sure to have a second gun ( a non-declared gun !!! ) to put on his dead hands. In this last case, it's better to have a strong will and a very very cold blood.

Talk about choices, isn't it ?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
if someone breaks into your home i think you have the right to deal with it anyway you see fit, even if that means shoot to kill. you never know what someone in that situation might be up to, and you shouldn't have to take the chance.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Amuk, If you think fights in school have ended you are wrong. There are, on average, about 3 fights a day between boys at my school. These are not "boys will be boys" fights. These are fights with shanks. Or fights where a kid gets sent to the hospital with brain damage. Try coming to my school and looking at someone wrong. Although I do think some boys are being sissified, I think alot of them are just getting more violent.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
The legs ? The arms ? I don't know how it is NZ, but here in Belgium, all the cops will tell you to shot in the head or the heart. Otherwise, if the guy is just wounded, he will sue you,then you'll go in jail and you'll have to give him tons of bucks.

In my country we have 3 choices :

1) you call the police ( But they won't come. And if they come, it will be ALLWAYS to late. ( you're dead, or raped, or robbed...etc...)

2) you shot the guy and if he's just wounded, you know you won a trip to #land.

3) you shot him and you're lucky enough to kill him. And if he didn't have a gun, be sure to have a second gun ( a non-declared gun !!! ) to put on his dead hands. In this last case, it's better to have a strong will and a very very cold blood.

Talk about choices, isn't it ?

I was talking about something I learned in my ethics class here in the States. Go ahead, if you want to shoot to kill thats up to you and you can face the consequences. But if it ever happened to me I wouldn't shoot to kill. I would shoot to injure the guy and if I kill him it could be determined in an autopsy that it was not my intention to kill the guy. Here in America you're allowed to protect your things with reasonable force, but what's reasonable? I say bordering on death but still not killing the guy.

Yeah you could get sued, it happens. But any sane judge will be able to see you were defending yourself and that this person was trespassing and that you are allowed to use reasonable force under law. That's a good enough defence. I think half of you people who claim you would put someone in a coffin are bull#tin'. I doubt you have the cohones.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join