It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So. What are the 2012 theorists going to say in 2013?...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Theres been a lot of 2012 rubbish on here as of late, and it's a strog theme in general.

I'm just wondering, what the hell are they all going to say when 2013 ticks over and there hasn;t been a world wide spiritual change, when there isn;t an NWO, when there isn't disclosure, when aliens haven't landed and personally introduced themselves, when we have not learnt of the existence of an earth on the opposite side of the sun, when Planet X/Niburu hasn;t turned up, when all hell hasn't infact broken loose?

Are they all going to say that things have been postponed, or that not everyone will experience the turblent upheaval in the same way?

As a man that believes in God, I can also imagine a world where that isn't true and proved wrong and I have to get on with my life. So, 2012 conspiracists, if in 5 years it turns out you were completely wrong or you've been exposed as complete frauds, whats will you say/do?

Enquiring, and in my case, well oiled minds, want to know...

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well, then they'll prolly shoot for 2020, because there was a news show named that and because perfect vision is 2020 and because mesopotamian silverware was forged at exactly 2020 degrees and.... haha I dunno.

I hope 2012 comes and goes without bad things happening... but I mean, we're destined for the reprocussions of our actions, both as a country (the USA) and as a world (humanity). There will come a time when we will most likely incur the blowback from other nations, as well as mother nature... and honestly I think that time is almost at hand. The actions of the governments of the world as of late haven't exactly been putting my worries at ease about massive changes on the horizon. It's almost like Alex Collier said... like we're CREATING our own prophecized future...

Just look around you. Don't you FEEL the changes in the air? Why are so many people talking about 2012? Why was a highly highly advanced civilization who knew mathematics and astronomy better than our own modern times predicting events with such accuracy, and then ending their WHOLE civilization's calendar on 2012? This is very very concerning, and there's no doubt governments of the world have been paying attention.

I personally won't stake my whole life on the exact dat of december 21st, 2012, or the year 2012 in general... but reguardless, change is at hand.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

Let's all hope that they still have something to say and that you can still hear them. Otherwise they will be right.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J
I'm just wondering, what the hell are they all going to say when 2013 ticks over

They will say the exact same thing the people claiming the Rapture is coming every year -

"Next Year!"

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Nothing, they wont admit they are wrong like many of us on ATS. Postponement in the most likely scenario though, you see something like that every week here

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
well it seems pretty obvious. we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
They will say. " Do to the variations in our daylight saving scale and unintentionally leaving out leap year we apologize to all who passionately decided to leave this world in 2012. For all who cancelled their plans and quit their jobs. And to the ones who moved underground for protection. But we would like to announce that after recalculating our figures, we have successfully come to the date 2015. Thank you all for your support. "

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
They will say. " Do to the variations in our daylight saving scale and unintentionally leaving out leap year we apologize to all who passionately decided to leave this world in 2012. For all who cancelled their plans and quit their jobs. And to the ones who moved underground for protection. But we would like to announce that after recalculating our figures, we have successfully come to the date 2015. Thank you all for your support. "

You forgot GMT time :-)

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Just another calculation we forgot. World wide GMT time. Lets recalculate it again.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Starred and flagged the OP as I had this exact thread idea on my mind.

I respect everyone's opinions especially on matters which I have not investigated / researched for myself like the Mayan calendar etc.

Mods: How about a countdown clock to whatever time / or date
in 2012 when the "big change", "catastrophic event" or "doomsday" is supposed to occur, that way we can all do a giant global countdown together and well either go up in flames / smoke / a ball of light together or else
be the first to post 'I told you so' when the gloom merchants are proved wrong, could be fun!

It's also an excellent way of keeping people on here.
(I should be in advertising)

[edit on 19-12-2007 by pmexplorer]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
maybe it is really this friday's solstice, the 21st.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Here some cool facts on nasty stuff hitting us.

On Jan 29 2008 TU24 will come within 1 1/2 distance of the moon to us and is about 350m rock... rather nasty little fella...

ON 22 Nov 2008 we get (2004 XK3) that will skim the earth at 1/3 the distance to the moon. Not too big, but would kind of fix our population problem on earth.

Oops 15 Jan 2009 2002AO11 will come 1 and 1/3 moon distance to the earth, and is another fix to our population problem too.

Then on 8 Nolv 2011 old 2005 YU55 will come knocking in at .4 moon distance.

Now here is the fun part...

The closest NEO in the next 200 years will be on 13 Apr 2012 at .1 or less distance (less than the thickness of the earth).

Oh and this is also Friday the 13th so not only did the Mayans predict the end of the world but the foreboding of Friday the 13th that comes from ancient times across many societies predicted the day that we jokingly treat as the most unlucky day of all.

Maybe 13 Apr 2012 will be the mother of all unlucky days in our short human history, so I would not be too quick to pop your Champaign just yet...hehe

[edit on 19-12-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well, we'd like to be able to say "I told you so..." But chances are non of you all will be around for us to do so.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I imagine it'll be the same kind of response all those folks had when they were predicting catastrophe and the End of the World in 2001. Some will claim that the calendar and time are inaccurate. Others will say that it was averted because of the intervention of some hidden benevolent force, or because we prayed hard enough or something. The majority will just shut up (for a moment, at least) and then they'll get fired up again and start focusing on the next date for the End of the World, which could be the Digital Millennium of 2024, or whenever the next big comet/asteroid is due to pass by. That's the nice thing about the End of the World. If you miss one, there's always another one just around the corner.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Doh!

Really though, I have been through many world ending predictions that have turned up nothing. Still there are a lot of things are coming for 2011-2012. The biggest in my mind being 2006-YU55 in november of 2011 and returning the next year December 2012. Not to mention, we will be in the midst of a really bad solar cycle and the fact that the suns poles will flip possible, dragging our with it. Oh yeah, lets not forget yellowstone. www.uusatrg.utah.edu... Notice chart 3, vertical movement. Oh yeah and the Mayan calendar thing, and even that weird Nostradamas thing that was out on the History Channel recently that came from the Vatican.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicize
Doh!

Really though, I have been through many world ending predictions that have turned up nothing. Still there are a lot of things are coming for 2011-2012. The biggest in my mind being 2006-YU55 in november of 2011 and returning the next year December 2012. Not to mention, we will be in the midst of a really bad solar cycle and the fact that the suns poles will flip possible, dragging our with it. Oh yeah, lets not forget yellowstone. www.uusatrg.utah.edu... Notice chart 3, vertical movement. Oh yeah and the Mayan calendar thing, and even that weird Nostradamas thing that was out on the History Channel recently that came from the Vatican.

People too scared to look into the reality love to say "people have been saying the world was ending for..." but in reality that was small groups. There are logical minds all agreeing about the reality of 2012.

Ah! whatever! No one ever said we were to wake the sleeping.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
See that's just the thing. People will dismiss it saying people said this date because this event, or that date because that event.

2012 isn't a date with a single event attached.

2012 is a date with more then a dozzen events attached.

It's 5 years and 1 day, and those that are living the lives they realize within, but wouldn't want to consciously realize, are wrong don't want to have to face the posability of everything "Ending" on them.

Wish I knew what to do for them, I really do. But hell, there's at least half a dozzen camps of though when it comes to the 2012 date as it is.

LET THE BLIND BE BLIND.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There gonna say this"HEY WE DIDN'T DIE, WE TOOK OUR BODIES WITH US INTO THE SPIRIT WORLD"

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
They will focus on the close approach of Apophis in 2029.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I imagine they'll be very red faced, considering the Mayan calendar doesn't end in 2012 at all.

It ends in October 4772 at Baktun 20.0.0.0.0 and then if you want to be technical, it starts all over again at zero. The whole 2012 thing is a fantasy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join