It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Russert Grills President Bush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sunday morning's NBC "Meet The Press With Tim Russert" including an intense oval office interview with President Bush. Several topics were covered, including the investigation into intelligence breakdown, scheduled to begin after the 2004 elections.

MSNBC.msn.com Russert: Mr. President, the Director of the CIA said that his briefings had qualifiers and caveats, but when you spoke to the country, you said "there is no doubt."� When Vice President Cheney spoke to the country, he said "there is no doubt."� Secretary Powell, "no doubt."� Secretary Rumsfeld, "no doubt, we know where the weapons are."� You said, quote, "The Iraqi regime is a threat of unique urgency.� �Saddam Hussein is a threat that we must deal with as quickly as possible." You gave the clear sense that this was an immediate threat that must be dealt with. President Bush: I think, if I might remind you that in my language I called it a grave and gathering threat, but I don't want to get into word contests.� An interesting read for all.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I thought it was bad to watch; but the double speak kind of jumps out when you read it. Someone tell me how Bush is defending himself here. It sound more like a concession speech.

Russert: The Bush Cheney first three years, the unemployment rate has gone up 33 percent, there has been a loss of 2.2 million jobs. We've gone from a $281 billion surplus to a $521 billion deficit. The debt has gone from 5.7 trillion, to $7 trillion up 23 percent.

Based on that record, why should the American people rehire you as CEO?

President Bush: Sure, because I have been the President during a time of tremendous stress on our economy and made the decisions necessary to lead that would enhance recovery. We�ll review the bidding here. The stock market started to decline in March of 2000. That was the first sign that things were troubled. The recession started upon my arrival. It could have been some say February, some say March, some speculate maybe earlier it started, but nevertheless it happened as we showed up here.

The attacks on our country affected our economy. Corporate scandals affected the confidence of people and therefore affected the economy. My decision on Iraq, this kind of march to war, affected the economy, but we have been through a lot. And what those numbers show is the fact we have been through a lot.

...Sound like this horse can't swim. I'm changing mid stream.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
He seemed EXHAUSTED in this interview. I didn't even get mad when he played his usual "squirmy little frat boy forced to sit in the principles office" routine. It just seemed played. He seemed tired. Like he'd almost given up.

I realize Bush plays to the soccer moms with the whole "I did my best, someone fix my hair" thing, but it's like he's not even trying now. I bet some little secret part of him wants to lose and have a damn beer.

Seriously.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
When taking about Kerry:

Russert: You were both in Skull and Bones, the secret society.

President Bush: It's so secret we can't talk about it.

Russert: What does that mean for America? The conspiracy theorists are going to go wild.

President Bush: I'm sure they are. I don�t know. I haven't seen the (unintel) yet. (Laughs)

Well, he's got one thing right...

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Russert: Number 322.

President Bush: First of all, he's not the nominee, and I look forward

BUSH GETS CUT OFF BY RUSSERT!

Russert: Are you prepared to lose?

President Bush: No, I'm not going to lose.

Russert: If you did, what would you do?

President Bush: Well, I don't plan on losing. I have got a vision for what I want to do for the country. See, I know exactly where I want to lead. I want to lead us I want to lead this world toward more peace and freedom. I want to lead this great country to work with others to change the world in positive ways, particularly as we fight the war on terror, and we got changing times here in America, too.

Bush wins thenext election ;P
u heard it first from him himself.
The elections are rigged ;P

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

BUSH GETS CUT OFF BY RUSSERT!

President Bush: No, I'm not going to lose.

Russert: If you did, what would you do?

President Bush: Well, I don't plan on losing. I have got a vision for what I want to do for the country. See, I know exactly where I want to lead. I want to lead us I want to lead this world toward more peace and freedom. I want to lead this great country to work with others to change the world in positive ways, particularly as we fight the war on terror, and we got changing times here in America, too.

Bush wins thenext election ;P
u heard it first from him himself.
The elections are rigged ;P

Sounds like to me that Bush might be saying that he has not begun to fight back?

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
322 was hitler's license plate number. why did they mention that number?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Talk about Denial!!

He lives in his own world!

Anything he wants to Think is reality, not what actually
happened!

That 322 thingy scares the HELL out of me!!
I sat there watching this show going,"What does that mean?"

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
That 322 was just brought up rght after that (UNINTEL) bit was said by bush about the Skull and Bones.

We all know Bushes Grand father and Hitler had ties.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I missed the interview. SO, Tim Russert just comes out and says 322 out of the blue and then goes on to something else? Like code?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think I need to go back and read the transcripts. This 322 reference is strange.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
wanna see somethin' spooky? look at this thread's i.d. number in the URL feild of your browser.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
wanna see somethin' spooky? look at this thread's i.d. number in the URL feild of your browser.

Wow that is spooky.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
People, you need to realize something. It's over. If Bush gets elected again, the 200year old American experiment is over. Stick a fork in it, we're done! We'll be run by a secret cabal---in fact, Kerry is aprt of it too. If either of them win, its over.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The animal is on the lose, the trainer, Karl Rove has let him go on his own and we can all see what an idiot/chimp he is. Kerry will be our next president. Today Kerry is in Roanoke meeting with the town elders, some of which are my relatives, and as the old saying goes: "As Roanoke goes, so goes Virginia and the south". The people in Virginia, other than the beltway, hate Bush and his family. Virginia will go Kerry in the election, as will the rest of the south. Edwards will be the VP. Wait, watch, listen.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Really? I didn't Roanoke was the bellweather for VA...and I live in DC (maybe that's why.) However, Kerry is a memebre of the same secret society as both Bushes are.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Kerry will help this country, skull & bones or not. Kerry is a Kennedy Protege, very close to Ted, and has modeled himself on JFK. Kerry will be great for the common man, just watch.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The real money in the US, I mean the old money, from before the U.S. was a country hangs out in two places in this country. Charlottesville VA, and Roanoke, VA.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
George Washington wasn't elected as president during his first term. George Washington was appointed by the wealthy of Virginia to be the President of The United States during his first term.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Oh? Hey, ya learn something new everyday... well, here is the 322 transcript....

Russert: You were both in Skull and Bones, the secret society.

President Bush: It's so secret we can't talk about it.

Russert: What does that mean for America? The conspiracy theorists are going to go wild.

President Bush: I'm sure they are. I don�t know. I haven't seen the (unintel) yet. (Laughs)

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by Colonel]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join